Vibe Headlight spring retainer tab broken

Technical info on the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix including do-it-yourself info
mcdan

Vibe Headlight spring retainer tab broken

Post by mcdan »

In replacing a headlight bulb, the small cast tab that the retainer spring hooks onto is broken. Headlight bulb is not secure as it should be without the spring retainer putting pressure on the bulb to keep it inplace. Is there anyway to correct/modify/adapt the spring clip to hold the bulb in place without the tab? Hopefully there is some way without replacing the entire headlight assembly. Thanks for any help ...
keithvibe

Re: Vibe Headlight spring retainer tab broken

Post by keithvibe »

nope no way to fix it.
You could try rig something but that plastic tab you are talking about is part of the reflector bucket and isn't fixable.
You could try using some jb weld on the piece. It may work for a short time but it will break eventually.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

Time to retrofit projectors
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

thebarber wrote:Time to retrofit projectors
sounds like a good idea :lol:
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

well, as of last night i have an H4 projector retrofit kit in stock. they sent it to me with the wrong colour of halos for my customer. its a 4300k bulb, blue halos, H4 wiring harness

PM if you're interested...