Which fuse is for the Blower Motor?

Technical info on the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix including do-it-yourself info
S.Soens

Which fuse is for the Blower Motor?

Post by S.Soens »

Newbie here. I want to check the fuse before I dive into changing the blower motor. I was suprised to see that my owners book had nothing in it. Can someone help out a Newb?
BlueCrush

Re: Which fuse is for the Blower Motor? (S.Soens)

Post by BlueCrush »

Welcome to GenVibe. First tell us if the blower motor has stopped working all together or if it only work on high?
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
S.Soens

Post by S.Soens »

Its stopped all together. All speeds, I took it to a dealer because I am super busy and they spent a total of 2min and said the blower needs to be replaced. I seriously doubt that they even did more than tried to turn it on.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

You can also search for "blower" here: http://forums.genvibe.com/zerosearch to get more info on how to change it.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
S.Soens

Re: Which fuse is for the Blower Motor? (BlueCrush)

Post by S.Soens »

Yep did that and printed it out. Look pretty simple. Well probly not that simple for a tall fat guy...LOL
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Read thru this thread as well: http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=39139
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by S.Soens »Newbie here. I want to check the fuse before I dive into changing the blower motor. I was suprised to see that my owners book had nothing in it. Can someone help out a Newb?It does, but it's in code. Its a big 40A fuse marked either Heater, or HTR, in the hard to access under dash fuse block.you didn't say which year your car is, but I'm not sure it matters, some of the newer 1st gen vibes seemed to have had loose TAIL relays, which are in the same junction block over the glove compartment that the heater fan relay is, so maybe it a tail relay can work loose, maybe a heater relay can as well, but I don't know what year those seem to be happening in, and I don't know what year yours is, but I do know this is a killer run-on sentence
S.Soens

Re: Which fuse is for the Blower Motor? (joatmon)

Post by S.Soens »

The energizer bunny of runnon's lol.Sorry I forgot its an 06 Vibe.
S.Soens

Post by S.Soens »

Thanks for the help. I'm going to check the fuse and the connecter tomorrow. I ordered the blower just in case.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

did you try the blower motor resister first?
salsa_vibe

Re: Which fuse is for the Blower Motor? (BlueCrush)

Post by salsa_vibe »

I pulled my blower resistor pack and found that there was about an 1/8th of an inch gap in one of the printed circuit tracks. One side looks just like a printed circuit board although the tracks are not simply wires they actually seem to be some material that makes the track into a resistance. I scraped off a little bit of the coating on each side of the gap and soldered a wire to replace the missing section. I wrapped a loop of electrical tape around the board to add some protection. It seems to work fine, but I'm not sure how long it will last.