OBD II Scan Tool

Technical info on the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix including do-it-yourself info
dcbridgwater

OBD II Scan Tool

Post by dcbridgwater »

If your going to buy an OBDII scan tool which one would you get?I am considering buying Actron CP9185 or Equus Innova 3160. Has anyone used either of these or can suggest something better?Thanks in advance,Dale
2006 Neptune AWDSide & Curtain AirbagsABSPower Package
Cruxless

Re: OBD II Scan Tool (dcbridgwater)

Post by Cruxless »

I haven't used either of those but I love my Scangauge II.http://www.scangauge.com/
BlueCrush

Re: OBD II Scan Tool (dcbridgwater)

Post by BlueCrush »

I have used Actron for years. I have a CP9125 OBD-II Scanner CP9449 ABS BrakeScan. They have saved me thousands of dollars by being able to diagnose pull the CEL and diagnose the problem myself, buying my own parts and installing it myself or having a local trusted shop do it vs. going to a dealer.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Herb

Post by Herb »

I like the Scangauge II as well, so many more functions besides code scanning
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

another for scangaugeII
Old Tele man

Post by Old Tele man »

...I have both, an Actron CP9135 OBDII AutoScanner handheld unit and an in-car ScanGaugeII....the Actron is better for diagnosing problems, while the SGII is better for daily driving information, although the SGII can do almost everything the Actron can, just in different manner. Also, since there's only only OBDII plugin location, the SGII is "always ready" since it's already plugged in and ready to use....nevertheless, IMHO, the Actron provides more detailed and informative information.
...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"
• 2014 Prius 1.8L eCVT
• 2009 Vibe 1.8L 4A
• 2004 Vibe 1.8L 4A