Headlight Bulb Retainer Clip

Technical info on the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix including do-it-yourself info
Robo

Headlight Bulb Retainer Clip

Post by Robo »

So I was trying to replace a burned out main headlight bulb. The owners manual said to push the retainer clip "down and away from you". Of course that's not very descriptive. I was having trouble unclippng it, and then I noticed a screw holding it in.I decided to remove the screw, which was a huge mistake. The clip sprang out and fell into the engine compartment never to be seen again. I tried to get a new one from the dealer, but they said it's part of the whole headlight assembly for $350!!!Can anyone tell me where I might find one of these spring clips? I can't afford to spend $350 for a $1 part. I have a 2003 Vibe base model.Thanks,Rob
keithvibe

Re: Headlight Bulb Retainer Clip (Robo)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by Robo »So I was trying to replace a burned out main headlight bulb. The owners manual said to push the retainer clip "down and away from you". Of course that's not very descriptive. I was having trouble unclippng it, and then I noticed a screw holding it in.I decided to remove the screw, which was a huge mistake. The clip sprang out and fell into the engine compartment never to be seen again. I tried to get a new one from the dealer, but they said it's part of the whole headlight assembly for $350!!!Can anyone tell me where I might find one of these spring clips? I can't afford to spend $350 for a $1 part. I have a 2003 Vibe base model.Thanks,Robyou compleatly lost the clip? It's got to be floating around the engine bay some place.I should have some floating around here from my projector installs if I find some I'll let you know and I'll get back to you.You still have the screw right?
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

just checked I have three.If you want one. say 10bucks shipped sound good? if so IM me and we can take care of everything
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

problem solved... the clip will be mailed shortly
Robo

Post by Robo »

Keith rocks!
Oneupper1

Re: (Robo

Post by Oneupper1 »

I took the screw out and clip came loose. Can't seem to get it back how it was. Both sides are apart. Do you have a pic how the clip sits in place? [IMG][/IMG]
yyamad1

Re: (Robo (Oneupper1)

Post by yyamad1 »

here is a pic

Attached files
yyamad1

and another angle

Post by yyamad1 »

different angle, hope it helps, sorry it took so long for a reply. and welcome to genvibe!

Attached files
kikiB

Re: Headlight Bulb Retainer Clip (keithvibe)

Post by kikiB »

What size is the screw that holds the retainer clip in? I've lost mine.
Vibra70

Re: Headlight Bulb Retainer Clip (keithvibe)

Post by Vibra70 »

I know that this post is three years old, but I too lost both of my retainer clips, so my bulbs tend to be facing all over the place, would you happen to have any retainer clips left, so very hard to find them, and I have been looking for years. Thanks Jason
Raygun4901

Re: Headlight Bulb Retainer Clip

Post by Raygun4901 »

Hi Keithvibe, I also lost the retainer clip. Can you please ship me 1 or 2 if you have any left. Let me know the details. Would be very gratefull .
Thanks
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

I will take a look to see if I have any for the vibe. Give me a few days, if you haven't heard from me please email me a reminder.
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

I took a look tonight, I do have three bulb retainers for the vibe.
I do not know if they are interchangeable between left and right. All the ones I have are the same.
My guess is they are exactly the same between sides.
Same deal Email me,(contact info in profile) and as long as you are all stateside I'll ship off a retainer spring to you ASAP.