Mods advice

Technical info on the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix including do-it-yourself info
blueGT03

Mods advice

Post by blueGT03 »

Hey, new to this forum. Looking for feedback on possible mods to my '03 GT. Mainly cai and/or cat-back exhaust. Who's got the better/cheaper/easiest to install system. K&N, Ingen? Borla, Magnaflow? What are the downsides to these mods (I've heard about "check engine" light issues)?Thanks
ajflan

Re: Mods advice (blueGT03)

Post by ajflan »

Most people here swear by magnaflow. That should give you a pretty decent tone. Pair that up with a cai (I don't think it matters too much what brand, as is it just a piece of tube) and maybe the unichip and you will unlock a bit of pep. The only potential downside is the slight loss of backpressure, which results in a slight loss in low end power.
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
blueGT03

Re: Mods advice (ajflan)

Post by blueGT03 »

I found K&N short ram on Amazon for $157 w/ free shipping (and in blue to match my car!). I may start with that. Appreciate the info.
joholste

Post by joholste »

Borla is having a sale on their vibe axle back exhausts...I love the sound of mine it's got a pretty deep baritone sound too it.
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
blueGT03

Re: Mods advice (joholste)

Post by blueGT03 »

I went to their site and it's still listed for 500 clams for the GT. Is it only on sale for the base engine? Is there a big difference btw the 2 systems?
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=31366i knew i'd read this somewhere...the difference between the gt and the base was the location/orientation of the flange... if you do a quick read of the thread (its short), people were buying the base system and having someone fix the flange...good luck! i'd like to get a hold of one of these myself
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four