DIY Spoiler Install??

Technical info on the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix including do-it-yourself info
joholste

DIY Spoiler Install??

Post by joholste »

Can someone who has installed their own take some pictures of the places where the nuts and bolts go?? so that i may see how to do it on my own??
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
kevera

Re: DIY Spoiler Install?? (joholste)

Post by kevera »

Are you talking about the GM top spoiler.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
02csnow

Re: DIY Spoiler Install?? (kevera)

Post by 02csnow »

He does have the top spoiler b/c he bought it from Scootman. But if you did get the mid spoiler. There are alot of holes you have to drill.
Bye Bye Vibe.............
joholste

Re: DIY Spoiler Install?? (02csnow)

Post by joholste »

yeah i'm talking about the GM Top Spoiler i just want to see where it is hooked into
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

The top of the hatchback needs to be removed for installation. But it might be easier to line up and mark the spots for drilling the three holes first, then remove the top part. The tapped holes in the spoiler stands ARE NOT PERFECTLY CENTERED! I used a dry erase marker to outline the stands, then use something to mark the spoiler holes. I used double sided tape over the holes and masked off part of the sticky side going on the spoiler so it would stick to the hatch cover.Measure, measure, and measure again. Use a punch to make a good dimple before you start drilling cause once you start cutting into the metal, it's really hard to change it. Sorry no pics of this operation.
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
kevera

Re: DIY Spoiler Install?? (Lancer)

Post by kevera »

I didn't remove the top of the hatch when I installed mine.But it would probably be easier,since you don't have the drill guides.Did you get the instructions I sent you.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »I didn't remove the top of the hatch when I installed mine.neither did I. just used a ladder.
joholste

Re: DIY Spoiler Install?? (scherry2)

Post by joholste »

yeah i got those instructions kevin...and it looks like this will possibly be a project for me as my wife's car just pooped in the fan last night and she probably will have to drive my car which we'll have to bring back from my parents house.
mixer

Post by mixer »

Hey Kev,I was bored here at work and reading some posts. I am interested in getting the top and bottom wing since the dealership backed out of the deal to get them when I bought the car. Can you send me a copy of your instructions for the top wing when you get time?Thanks
04 Vibe "SS" (Pontiac Dealer/Owner project),"SS"/TRD GraphicsTRD Tuned by Toyota (Dealership)Vibrant Strutbar,Polished Stainless Muffler Spectre Modular CAI- Body ColorBody Color Engine Cover w/Grafxwerks reflective overlayStellar Alarm System, Sony Xplod "GIGA PANEL" Blacked Out Z-24 15" rims w/ Goodyear Triple Tread Assurance
joholste

Re: DIY Spoiler Install?? (mixer)

Post by joholste »

I lost the instructions on when my other laptop died does anyone have the drill guides??
Herb

Post by Herb »

Quote, originally posted by joholste »I lost the instructions on when my other laptop died does anyone have the drill guides??I think I may have made scans from my set last year. If there is a need, I can try to dig through files to find them.
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
joholste

Re: DIY Spoiler Install?? (Herb)

Post by joholste »

herb if you could I would greatly appreciate it.
Herb

Post by Herb »

Upper Spoiler page 1 of 2

Attached files UpperSpoiler01.pdf (713.2 KB) 
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
Herb

Post by Herb »

Upper Spoiler page 2 of 2BTW Don't let the page count confuse you. They included duplicates for French and Spanish instructions which I didn't scan.Also when printing, set it to 100%. I think if I remember correctly the instructions were in an odd paper size format, I think A4, not sure why that was the case.

Attached files UpperSpoiler02.pdf (660.5 KB) 
Herb

Post by Herb »

Mid Gate Spoiler Page 1 of 3

Attached files MidSpoiler01.pdf (705.8 KB) 
Herb

Post by Herb »

Mid Gate Spoiler Page 2 of 3

Attached files MidSpoiler02.pdf (862.4 KB) 
Herb

Post by Herb »

Mid Gate Spoiler Page 3 of 3BTW Don't let the page count confuse you. They included duplicates for French and Spanish instructions which I didn't scan.Also when printing, set it to 100%. I think if I remember correctly the instructions were in an odd paper size format, I think A4, not sure why that was the case.

Attached files MidSpoiler03.pdf (608.6 KB) 
BadBrew

Post by BadBrew »

Thanks Herb!This is just perfect! I bought my spoilers 2 weeks ago and I've sent my spoilers this week to paint and I hope to install them before end of next week This will help a lot!
2005 Lava Vibe base Garage
Herb

Re: DIY Spoiler Install?? (BadBrew)

Post by Herb »

Quote, originally posted by BadBrew »Thanks Herb!This is just perfect! I bought my spoilers 2 weeks ago and I've sent my spoilers this week to paint and I hope to install them before end of next week This will help a lot!Glad to be of help. I don't know why I scanned them to begin with.Probably didn't have anything better to do at the time. Of course I couldn't do much at the time post surgery so I shopped online alot. LOL.
joholste

Post by joholste »

Hey guys this is awesome...I appreciate everyone's help. Genvibe is a great community
DoubleBaril

Post by DoubleBaril »

I know this thread is a bit old, but I just got my mid-spoiler in this week, and will be getting it painted soon. This will definitely help with the install.
2003 Vibe AWD
BadBrew

Re: (DoubleBaril)

Post by BadBrew »

Quote, originally posted by DoubleBaril »I know this thread is a bit old, but I just got my mid-spoiler in this week, and will be getting it painted soon. This will definitely help with the install.Lookout for the pre-drilled holes in the spoiler, they may not be the same as described in the installation manual.I had to do a lot of measurements to make sure it was perfectly centred and the T-strips were a bit too big to fit the holes... I had to strip them a bit.I got my spoilers from Dallas Auto restyling btw...Good luck!
2005 Lava Vibe base Garage
DoubleBaril

Re: (BadBrew)

Post by DoubleBaril »

thanks for the heads up.got mine from Andy's autosport
2003 Vibe AWD