Question about ES motor mounts.

Technical info on the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix including do-it-yourself info
NUBlackshirts

Question about ES motor mounts.

Post by NUBlackshirts »

For you guys that have these installed, how bad does your car vibrate with them in? Been reading some posts on MO, some said that they would put the stock ones back in it was so bad. Opinions?
'04 Frosty GT <---Click here!Tein S-Tech springs; Tokico HP struts;Progress rear sway bar; DC Sports strut tower bar;Scion TC wheels; K&N Typhoon intake;GG Racing ground wires; JAW voltage stabilizer;FilterMAG SS-250; Militec-1; Sirius Satellite Radio
2002sportside

Re: Question about ES motor mounts. (NUBlackshirts)

Post by 2002sportside »

I have them... the vibrations lessen over time. Even with an automatic I don't find them intolerable. But yes, the car does vibrate with them. You pick up a little more drivetrain noise too.Individual results may vary...
2005 Moonstone Base Vibe 38k as of October, 2010 (41k as of 7-15-11)Moon & Tunes, power package, automatic, center console power port added
tcam

Re: Question about ES motor mounts. (2002sportside)

Post by tcam »

yeah, the vibration is paritucarly bad at idle, but the shifting is so perfectly smooth that it really outweighs the vibrations.
NUBlackshirts

Post by NUBlackshirts »

Well I just ordered mine. Will let you guys know what I think of them once I get them installed.
'04 Frosty GT <---Click here!Tein S-Tech springs; Tokico HP struts;Progress rear sway bar; DC Sports strut tower bar;Scion TC wheels; K&N Typhoon intake;GG Racing ground wires; JAW voltage stabilizer;FilterMAG SS-250; Militec-1; Sirius Satellite Radio
Petrucci914

Post by Petrucci914 »

I'm probably going to pay someone to do it. I'm still wondering why one has to take off the torque mounts when the inserts are supposed to just slide in from the sides.
2003 Pontiac Vibe Base - AutomaticTRD Supercharger w/ Smoothflow PulleyaFe Drop-in Filter - DC Sports HeaderFull 2.25" Exhaust -Magnaflow Catback + CatsOptima RedTop - Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler
2002sportside

Re: Question about ES motor mounts. (Petrucci914)

Post by 2002sportside »

They do slide in from the side... but not without disassembling the mount.Pop your hood and look down at the front mount and you will see why you have to unbolt them to install the inserts.
2005 Moonstone Base Vibe 38k as of October, 2010 (41k as of 7-15-11)Moon & Tunes, power package, automatic, center console power port added