Installing Battery From a 2.4L Into a 1.8L

Technical info on the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix including do-it-yourself info
Capt.Vibe

Installing Battery From a 2.4L Into a 1.8L

Post by Capt.Vibe »

Looks like the time has come for a new battery in my '10 Vibe, getting that slow cranking in the morning now that temps are dropping here, I don't think I'll make it another winter with the OEM battery after 5 years. Noticed at Costco they have 2 different fitment codes for the Kirkland, one for the 1.8 and another one for the 2.4L. The 2.4 battery is visibly larger and has significantly more CCA than the 1.8 battery so ideally I'd like to purchase that one for the additional $15 if I can just pop it in with no additional mods. Has anyone fitted the larger 2.4 battery into a 1.8? Will it fit no issues or does it need additional mods?
2010 Red Hot Metallic 1SA
ImUrOBGYN

Re: Installing Battery From a 2.4L Into a 1.8L

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

Should be no issues with the battery itself but you're saying that one battery is actually larger. It would probably still fit fine. You could double check the measurements or just go for it as you could always return it if you can't fit the battery tie down or it's too big for the tray.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage