Am I blue?

Let us know of any problems, suggestions, or questions you have about the GenVibe Website and Forums
joatmon

Am I blue?

Post by joatmon »

Whoa, blue genvibe, That got my attention. I kinda like the blue better

I seem to be missing the Uer control panel link, and the overall forum index doesn't have the View active posts or the View unanswered posts that brown genvibe had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEXmGTsVl4Q
Last edited by joatmon on Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
tpollauf

Re: Am I blue?

Post by tpollauf »

YEah ... same here. I'm missing some stuff that I got used to and may have a difficult time adjusting. Specifically the "view YOUR active posts" which would then pull up ONLY posts for which I have responded to. I now look at what is there and have no idea if I opened them up or not. Very confusing for now. Sent admin a comment on this also.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Avatars on the right. That just looks freaky.

But in a good way. Good to have some shake up, wake us genvibers up.

I see Mike posted some today, I bet he did it

edit -
I see the links that used to be separately listed are now in the "Quick Links" drop down list

Looks cleaner that way
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

The blue looks good. And I kinda like the avatars over there on the right. It's different. 8-)
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Interesting colour choice. Was this an upgrade of the system?
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

Yes, the forum software was just recently upgraded. Still doing some tweaking, but overall the same functionality is there, just in other places. The top section has drop down menus where many of the sections you are mentioning were placed. Specifically the Quick Links in the top left and the drop down on the top right where your username is displayed. Please post up if you see any issues we need to address. Thanks!
WestC4

Post by WestC4 »

Just logged in and noticed that the forum is half the page vertically. Used to take up the whole screen, but now only takes up the left half. Is this permanent? Oh, and are the ads also permanent cause the feel like they are obstructing the view. Just asking, thanks
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I see that on my phone. It looks like it is trying to be sized to make it a lot easier to read on the phone, but because the ads are a fixed size, they are about double the width of what the rest of the forum is limited to. I'm guessing the server detects the browser and if it thinks its a mobile device, sends a modified style. the "mobile" version doesn't include the Blanco Vibe header picture. Here's a screen shot of what it looks like on my Android Chrome browser
phone.jpg
phone.jpg (11.22 KiB) Viewed 5800 times
You can see where the width of the ad forces the rest of it to be horizontally limited, I guess if it were possible to have the mobile version load a different (smaller width) google ad, then the rest of the forum might be rendered wider, taking up more of the screen. If I zoom in, it makes reading it all a lot better than the old style, but its a hassle to zoom on every page. At least now I can zoom in and the text wraps well, the old style, zooming in enough to read then forced a lot of horizontal scrolling because the text still wrapped at the wider screen size
mkowdley
Site Admin

Post by mkowdley »

Yes, we upgraded the forum software to get the latest security fixes. Unfortunately the phpBB style that we downloaded from the official site wasn't supported by the new software, so I had to install a new style.

I will research this weekend and see if the missing features are buried somewhere and if they can be surfaced.

I'll also check out the banner ad on the narrow screen; I also have Android Chrome so I should be able to reproduce. I can probably tweak it a bit since the screenshot you've posted clearly needs some work. Thanks all!
WestC4

Post by WestC4 »

yep that's what I am seeing on my iphone as well. ill get used to it. as for the blue color, I like it
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I was sad to see the site was down last Sunday when I tried to log on, but am digging the new layout of things. Much easier adjusting to these changes then when we switched formats in 2012 :P.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
mkowdley
Site Admin

Post by mkowdley »

I've made some changes to the adsense displays to resolve the problem shown in viewtopic.php?p=503641#p503641 . It's working correctly for me in Chrome/Win7 and Chrome/Android. If you still see bad behavior similar to the earlier message, please post a screenshot! Thanks.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Mike, thanks, that's much nicer. Definitely makes it more mobile friendly than it has ever been.

I see a little overlap at the top when the Facebook stuff is rendered
Overlap.png
Overlap.png (59.49 KiB) Viewed 5738 times
I don't want to sound too picky, but you did ask ;)
808 Vibes

Post by 808 Vibes »

BLUE is the BEST color! :D (See, I'm smilin'!) :D :P :lol:
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

It is a nice refresh! Love it!
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)