Stickies

Let us know of any problems, suggestions, or questions you have about the GenVibe Website and Forums
SecretAsianMan

Stickies

Post by SecretAsianMan »

There are many questions and topics that are especially informative or will be asked over and over particularly by new members...I have seen Admin's and Mod's on other forums label these kinds of threads as "stickies" and perhaps we can start with the rules thread in the For Sale section
vibenvy

Re: Stickies

Post by vibenvy »

We did have stickies, but we recently switched forum software, so the stickies are no longer stickied. I believe if you see a thread that you believe should be stickied, you are just supposed to contact Mike (mkowdley) about it.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

When you are logged in and viewing a thread/topic/post, you will see a "report" icon on the left side, next to the Quote button
Image (white turns red when you mouse over it)
If you click that, the report post screen loads. In that form, one field is the reason for reporting the post, which is a selection list, and one of the options in that list is "This is an important message and should be stickied" There is another area for additional information, and you can choose whether or not to be notified when you "report" is dealt with.

So, the official way to request a thread be stickied is to report the post identifying it as a sticky candidate. However,this isn't reliable. A couple of weeks ago I reported The Great How-To modification Index to be a sticky but it's still out there non-sticky, and if I try to report it again I just get a screen saying its already been reported.

So maybe there's a problem with that method. The For Sale/Wanted Forum Guidelines ought to be sticky, but instead of reporting it, I bumped it.
mkowdley
Site Admin

Post by mkowdley »

Reporting is the right way to do it. I'll take a look at the two reported posts and see if I can sticky them, it's unfortunately not a simple process because of the way that gconverter migrated the posts and inserted a bunch of invalid code into the posts.