Links in posts

Let us know of any problems, suggestions, or questions you have about the GenVibe Website and Forums
vit

Links in posts

Post by vit »

Can we get the links in posts to automatically open in a new tab/window when left clicked?
vibenvy

Re: Links in posts

Post by vibenvy »

I have been wondering about this too. It's obnoxious when you click a link and it opens in the same window. It's much better when it opens in a new window.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Ehhh, I always right-click everything. Never leave it up to chance. ;)
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
mkowdley
Site Admin

Post by mkowdley »

strangely, this isn't just a setting, it actually requires a patch. something to do with xhtml 1.0 strict compliance.

i have done said patch, and tested it in FF, Safari, and Chrome. Links in newly created posts should open in new windows. Links in old posts will have to be edited and saved for the changes to take effect.
vit

Post by vit »

mkowdley wrote:strangely, this isn't just a setting, it actually requires a patch. something to do with xhtml 1.0 strict compliance.

i have done said patch, and tested it in FF, Safari, and Chrome. Links in newly created posts should open in new windows. Links in old posts will have to be edited and saved for the changes to take effect.
Thank you!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

vit wrote:Thank you!
x2!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage