Missing Attachments

Let us know of any problems, suggestions, or questions you have about the GenVibe Website and Forums
CharlesinGA

Missing Attachments

Post by CharlesinGA »

Looking at a couple of threads I had pics posted in prior to the changeover, they appear to now all be gone. The post has the words "Attached Files" at the bottom of each post where there was an attachment, but the attachment itself is missing. This is the case for all JPG images. I had one xlxs Excel spreadsheet file and the file name remains as a link but you get a 404 error message. The new forum software does not support attachments with xlxs file extensions and will not allow me to upload it anew.

Is there any chance the attachments will be recovered??????????????????? I'm sure a lot of others have gone missing also.

Charles
mkowdley
Site Admin

Re: Missing Attachments

Post by mkowdley »

So these seem to fall into two categories
* posts that were imported when phpbb went live, that seem to have the "Attached Files" text at the bottom with no other information
* posts that weren't imported when phpbb went live, but were subsequently imported on 4/24

I think that the second category is working correctly; most of those attachments seem to have migrated over correctly.

I will take a look and see if I can figure out why the first category isn't working.
mkowdley
Site Admin

Re: Missing Attachments

Post by mkowdley »

I have made a few fixes which should recover many (all?) of the missing attachments. I spot-checked six posts (out of 11,000 posts with attachments) and all were working. If you have one that isn't working, post here.