Time zone/DST change?

Let us know of any problems, suggestions, or questions you have about the GenVibe Website and Forums
kostby

Time zone/DST change?

Post by kostby »

I just posted a comment and noticed that the posting time shown was 2 hours AHEAD of my local time, 4:33 a.m. shown instead of 2:33 a.m. actual for this comment. I'm in the Eastern Daylight Time zone, if that makes any difference. I haven't checked my personal profile settings.

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
mkowdley
Site Admin

Re: Time zone/DST change? (kostby)

Post by mkowdley »

The server is set to CDT. I'm surprised you saw 2 hours before, I would have expected 1 hour if anything. I haven't had enough time to fully investigate the time zone issue; it was working fine when the server was PST/PDT, but when I changed it to CST/CDT and made the matching configuration changes, the software didn't seem too impressed with my efforts.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

same +2 hours in ET for me.also, low priority, I notice that none of the 12 icons display for me in the list of profile options at http://forums.genvibe.com/zerouser?cmd=profile
mkowdley
Site Admin

Re: (joatmon)

Post by mkowdley »

Interesting. Those icons are fetched directly from the zeroforum server, who must have taken them down (they don't support the zeroforum software any more and have refused to help me with it, except to help move it to their hosted product).It looks like zeroforum might have gone out of business?One day I am going to have to bite the bullet and transfer to something that's actually current, like phpbb3.
kostby

Post by kostby »

Thanks for the reply, Mike. I don't usually pay much attention to posting time anyway, so it isn't a huge deal, just surprising to be posting 'in the future'. And I don't envy you, having to convert 10 years of accumulated Vibe knowledge & nonsense to a different platform! It was one too many conversions-from-h*ll that caused me to leave IT and retire.

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
star_deceiver

Re: (mkowdley)

Post by star_deceiver »

Quote, originally posted by mkowdley »It looks like zeroforum might have gone out of business?One day I am going to have to bite the bullet and transfer to something that's actually current, like phpbb3.Well isn't that lovely! Let us know when the transmogrification sequence is initiated... so we can all be ready for Vibe 3.0!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by mkowdley »One day I am going to have to bite the bullet and transfer to something that's actually current, like phpbb3.Seems like there are a number of ex-zeroforum forums out there, so apparently it can be done, not sure how cumbersome. You probably have better things to do with your time so you might want to check out http://gconverter.com/zeroforum-to-phpbb/ Might only be about $100. We users can stage a tenth anniversary "death to zeroforum" fundraiser for the site. I have an extra center console 12V power outlet and factory wire harness for 05-08 Vibes that don't come with them, I'd be willing to contribute that to the charity auction.
mkowdley
Site Admin

Post by mkowdley »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »Seems like there are a number of ex-zeroforum forums out there, so apparently it can be done, not sure how cumbersome. You probably have better things to do with your time so you might want to check out http://gconverter.com/zeroforum-to-phpbb/ Might only be about $100. We users can stage a tenth anniversary "death to zeroforum" fundraiser for the site. I have an extra center console 12V power outlet and factory wire harness for 05-08 Vibes that don't come with them, I'd be willing to contribute that to the charity auction. wow, i'm not sure how i never came across this in my various google searches for ... exactly this. thanks for the link! i will definitely give this a detailed look. looks like it will be closer to $200 to do it, but it's definitely worth it over writing my own converterQuote »Very large forums with a big database:If your Zeroforum forum meets one of these conditions - Topics > 10,000 or Posts > 50,000 or Users > 10,000.It'll cost you extra $15 per each 100,000 posts, 10,000 Users or 10,000 TopicsN = the number of each 100k posts / 10k Users / 10k Topics
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »We users can stage a tenth anniversary "death to zeroforum" fundraiser for the site. That sounds great, I'll gladly chip in a few bucks!
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
vibenvy

Re: (ColonelPanic)

Post by vibenvy »

I will gladly donate as well !I have been experiencing the time zone issue for a couple weeks now. I am Central Time, so I just changed to Pacific Time to compensate for the 2 hour difference.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
kostby

Post by kostby »

I'm in for $10.00.

mkowdley
Site Admin

Re: (kostby)

Post by mkowdley »

thanks everybody for your words of encouragement. i plan this week to move the website to a temporary server and then get in touch with these gconverter guys. sounds like you give them access to your server to do their work so i'll get it a little isolated before letting them in. further updates as events warrant.switching to phpbb3 (which is the only other forum i have experience administering) will involve some growing pains, but we're turning 10 soon!
mkowdley
Site Admin

Post by mkowdley »

Quote, originally posted by mkowdley »thanks everybody for your words of encouragement. i plan this week to move the website to a temporary server and then get in touch with these gconverter guys. sounds like you give them access to your server to do their work so i'll get it a little isolated before letting them in. further updates as events warrant.switching to phpbb3 (which is the only other forum i have experience administering) will involve some growing pains, but we're turning 10 soon! well the first step of this is complete, the site is all moved to a new server that's not shared with anybody else, now I can get in touch with gconverter and see what happens.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I hope I can adapt to a new forum software, been genvibe=zeroforum for a long timelet me know if you want any beta testers or if you want to do a conversion fundraiserand for what its worth, the time zone settings (the original thread topic ) are now working correctly for me
mkowdley
Site Admin

Post by mkowdley »

since i moved the site to its own server, i set the time zone back to PST/PDT. i'm not sure why zeroforum seems tied to that, but at this point i'm not going to spend any time with it.