Imminent Genvibe Decade

Let us know of any problems, suggestions, or questions you have about the GenVibe Website and Forums
joatmon

Imminent Genvibe Decade

Post by joatmon »

GenVibe went on line 4/1/2002, and we're quickly coming up on a ten year anniversary, a decade of Genvibitude. On previous anniversaries we've tried various things, never got much participation. This time, it will be ten years, which seems like a significant milestone. Does anybody have any ideas for a GenVibe anniversary party?
ou.grizzly

Re: Imminent Genvibe Decade (joatmon)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Thinking about this last month... So many few original members here... I do hope some folks pop back in...
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
millster

Re: Imminent Genvibe Decade (ou.grizzly)

Post by millster »

I know there are a few of us old blokes still around. Joatmon, I'll have to think.
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Skype-based national meet? As in there are regional meets, and we all connect via Skype with each other.
Sputnik

Re: Imminent Genvibe Decade (ou.grizzly)

Post by Sputnik »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »Thinking about this last month... So many few original members here... I do hope some folks pop back in... Yep still some of us "old fogeys" around. Wow, 10 years of my life spent reading the forums... That is a first.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
GMJAP

Post by GMJAP »

Maybe a "10yr anniv" thread could be started, and encourage all members to post a picture of themselves & their Vibe wherever they happen to be on 4/1/2012. (Or just the Vibe for the camera shy).Active members who no longer own a Vibe could post an older picture of them & their Vibe, and/or one from 4/1/2012 with current car.
2005 Platinum Base ManualSide & Curtain AirbagsABSPower PackageTinted Windows"Mods": 'old-style' center armrest, center +12v, wheelskins leather steering wheel, AC/Recirc blue backlight, beeps on keyless entry, dome light switch, AC insulation, PCD10 10-disc CD/MP3 changer, AAI-GM12 AUX audio input, K&N filter, "shark fin" antenna.
jkm311

Re: Imminent Genvibe Decade (GMJAP)

Post by jkm311 »

^ Excellent idea. Not to mention I'll have my winter rims off by 4/1.
Steelies to the rescue.
ColonelPanic

Re: Imminent Genvibe Decade (jkm311)

Post by ColonelPanic »

I should wax the Vibe and get it ready for pics, it went all year last year without being waxed.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Maybe try to create some old ads with our Vibes. Or... make a photomossaic of an old Vibe ad with all our pictures!
joatmon

Re: Imminent Genvibe Decade (millster)

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by millster »I know there are a few of us old blokes still around. Joatmon, I'll have to think.I know sometimes its hard for old blokes to get the mental engine up to operating speed. Any luck on the thinking?
millster

Post by millster »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »I know sometimes its hard for old blokes to get the mental engine up to operating speed. Any luck on the thinking?Aye! And when you add in the fact that my illness gives me the short-term memory of an amnesiac... One of the ideas I'd had was an open thread to see how many people we can get to post on the day. I know we've tried to have everyone log in at once and it's never really worked, but a thread just acknowledging the day would work a tad better.If I wasn't stuck out here in the God forsaken western US, I'd love to throw together a meet. I don't reckon I'd get a lot of people to show up, though. Quite a distance to travel (be worse when I'm back over in Ireland, though). I'm open to other ideas, of course. I'd like to see the moment commemorated. This site has been a huge part of my life, honestly.
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

10th anniversary edition t-shirts or keychains to order!!! XD And a collage of our victories. And yes, we should all take a picture of ourselves with our cars looking really victorious. I'd have to dig out my Thor helmet for that one, but it'd be great.
My lovely Gambit.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Well it took me a little while to find the board and register so although I am an original Vibe owner I'm not an original member. But I do feel like I've been here forever.
GenVibe Global Moderator
kostby

Post by kostby »

Only been around for about 8 years, but...Here's a thumbnail 10th Anniversary update to some artwork I originally did for the 2010 GenVibe meet in Indy. [EDIT]Apparently there's no way to attach the original in this thread.

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
A Psycho Martyr

Re:

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Persephone wrote:10th anniversary edition t-shirts or keychains to order!!! XD And a collage of our victories. And yes, we should all take a picture of ourselves with our cars looking really victorious. I'd have to dig out my Thor helmet for that one, but it'd be great.
we still need to do this....
if loads of us participate, we'd be able to fill a poster sized image...
then whoever wanted could take the image to wal-mart or office max and get a poster made

a poster of everyone acting all victorious in front of their Vibes.lol
i'm in! and i may just start a thread about it
KITT222

Re: Re:

Post by KITT222 »

A Psycho Martyr wrote:
Persephone wrote:10th anniversary edition t-shirts or keychains to order!!! XD And a collage of our victories. And yes, we should all take a picture of ourselves with our cars looking really victorious. I'd have to dig out my Thor helmet for that one, but it'd be great.
we still need to do this....
if loads of us participate, we'd be able to fill a poster sized image...
then whoever wanted could take the image to wal-mart or office max and get a poster made

a poster of everyone acting all victorious in front of their Vibes.lol
i'm in! and i may just start a thread about it