My three cents for the CB "I don't understand..." debate of 1-12-11

Let us know of any problems, suggestions, or questions you have about the GenVibe Website and Forums
ParknVibe

My three cents for the CB "I don't understand..." debate of 1-12-11

Post by ParknVibe »

Form, (and color), add on's, modifications, changes, etc. follows FUNCTION.
bassplayaz06

Re: My three cents for the CD "I don't understand..." debate of 1-12-11 (Ivibe)

Post by bassplayaz06 »

an enormous amount of decals is just ugly. though it does get you an extra 100 hp per sticker!
2003 Vibe GT, 1.8L, 6 speed Manual Lava Red 2 tone18" sport edition rimsCosmo CAIMy Garage http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=42483
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Are we supposed to make t-shirts for this? "I survived the great debate of 1-12-11"?
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
star_deceiver

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by star_deceiver »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 » "I survived the great debate of 1-12-11"?...the one day I was offling/busy and I miss all the fun
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
tpollauf

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by tpollauf »

Yeah, you missed quite the thread of the day/week/month, etc. I was actually hoping it would have continued for about 75 more posts & then some. Reading the stupidity of others was hillarious BUT unfortunately GENVIBE is not the place for that type of trash. Kari did the right thing
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Houston

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by Houston »

Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »Yeah, you missed quite the thread of the day/week/month, etc. I was actually hoping it would have continued for about 75 more posts & then some. I agree. It brought this board alive for awhile with nobody getting too bent out of shape. He could have maybe toned it down a little, but I admire his saying what he thought. I agreed with some of his opinions, too.
2009 Base 2.4L with a few add-ons.
ponta2147

Re: (Houston)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by Houston »I agree. It brought this board alive for awhile with nobody getting too bent out of shape. He could have maybe toned it down a little, but I admire his saying what he thought. I agreed with some of his opinions, too.Well if we want to go argue about stuff I can go create some threads in the political asylum
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
DressedInBlack

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by DressedInBlack »

well working for the past 34 days (with 5 of the 34 days off) made me miss the great debate! man oh man. oh well. now i gotta get back to work!!!!!
http://
03VibeOttawa

Re: My three cents for the CB "I don't understand..." debate of 1-12-11 (Ivibe)

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

Uh oh, are we started on modification opinions again?!Quote, originally posted by Ivibe »Form, (and color), add on's, modifications, changes, etc. follows FUNCTION. This is my personal opinion as well. Every cent I've spent modifying my Vibe has either lowered its weight, increased its horsepower, or improved the handling. I can see how people do other things, and I respect anyone who posts on here though. I'm glad we're not all the same!
03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.
808 Vibes

Re: My three cents for the CB "I don't understand..." debate of 1-12-11 (Feelin' The Vibe)

Post by 808 Vibes »

oh...I thought this was the 'The President was born in Hawaii...deal with it!" thread.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by Houston »I agree. It brought this board alive for awhile with nobody getting too bent out of shape. He could have maybe toned it down a little, but I admire his saying what he thought. I agreed with some of his opinions, too.That's what impressed me so much was how others here also realized what his attitude/personality was and tried to let him know... in no uncertain terms while trying to be nice about it at the same time. But he wasn't having any of that. The general opinions expressed did not follow his own and he couldn't handle that.I don't think I have ever seen a thread JUMP the way that one did.So you think he was right, Houston?I mean I too agreed with some of his opinions, but he was just an a** in my own. My current grocery mgr is a lot like him, so I see it every day.He is the type that only sees what he wants to see, hears what he wants to hear, even if it's the 800 lb gorilla standing right next to him waiting to smack him hard in the face. He has a lot of growing up to do in my opinion, no matter his chronological age now (28, I believe he said?)
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
Houston

Re: (06pvibe)

Post by Houston »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »So you think he was right, Houston? I agreed with some of what he said, but his original post was far enough back (and now gone) that I no longer remember what he posted. Age does that.
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

Quote, originally posted by Houston »Age does that. so you are older than 28??
http://
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

While he had a viable opinion, it was poorly presented. I wondered if the pont of the posts was to further advocate the poistion, or if it was just trolling. It degenerated into immature name calling and was (appropriately, imho) purged. I think the moderators here do a good job.
Houston

Re: (joatmon)

Post by Houston »

The moderators do a good job, but were I one, that particular thread would have remained - up to that point, anyway.
Blanco_Diablo

Re: My three cents for the CB "I don't understand..." debate of 1-12-11 (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

I missed it too... LOL HPL
06pvibe

Re: My three cents for the CB "I don't understand..." debate of 1-12-11 (Blanco_Diablo)

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by Blanco_Diablo »I missed it too... LOL HPL It was short lived but certainly intense. A lot of people here were trying to get this guy Chad to change his ways as direct, but as nicely as possible. Quote, originally posted by Houston »The moderators do a good job, but were I one, that particular thread would have remained - up to that point, anyway.At first I was sorry to see it go so fast too. It was exciting to watch and see everybody's comments and opinions. But as tpollauf put it, I think Kari did the right thing when she did it. Nothing new or good was liable to come out of it at that point. Even Kari herself seemed to be a little frustrated (that Chad wasn't hearing us) in those last few posts.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
Houston

Re: My three cents for the CB "I don't understand..." debate of 1-12-11 (06pvibe)

Post by Houston »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »At first I was sorry to see it go so fast too. It was exciting to watch and see everybody's comments and opinions. But as tpollauf put it, I think Kari did the right thing when she did it. Nothing new or good was liable to come out of it at that point.As you seem to be pointing out, it's all a matter of opinion. Why is it that everybody but me is always wrong?
keithvibe

Re: My three cents for the CB "I don't understand..." debate of 1-12-11 (Ivibe)

Post by keithvibe »

go argue with him on the other forums...
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
06pvibe

Re: My three cents for the CB "I don't understand..." debate of 1-12-11 (Houston)

Post by 06pvibe »

I'm sorry Houston. I wasn't trying too start an argument. 'Thought we'd had enough of that during the original thread.I may have been replying to your post, but it was nothing personal.Actually, more often than not, I respect your opinion, and I respect it here too.Perhaps it doesn't read as I intended it and if that's the case I'm sorry. Frankly I don't know any other way to word my intent in that post. And I wasn't sure I was fully understanding your first post, so I was simply trying to ask what you meant. As I'd said, there were times when I agreed w/CB's opinion as well, just not the ham-fisted way and sometimes under the wrong circumstance he stated them (the VOTM thread comes to mind.)But truly, I was not trying to put you or your opinion of the situation down. In any case, if you took my comments negatively, I am sorry.How can I make it up to you? Would you like to take my wife for a week... or two? You said you liked her smile. j/k of course.
Houston

Re: My three cents for the CB "I don't understand..." debate of 1-12-11 (06pvibe)

Post by Houston »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »I'm sorry HoustonWould you like to take my wife for a week... or two? You said you liked her smile.lol! No matter how cute she is, a whole week is a mighty long time. How much you pay me?
06pvibe

Re: My three cents for the CB "I don't understand..." debate of 1-12-11 (Houston)

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by Houston »lol! No matter how cute she is, a whole week is a mighty long time. How much you pay me?You could take her for TWO and I wouldn't charge YOU anything. I'd even pay the air fare.Think about it... You could enjoy that smile for two whole weeks!!
Houston

Post by Houston »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »You could take her for TWO and I wouldn't charge YOU anything. I'd even pay the air fare.Think about it... You could enjoy that smile for two whole weeks!! I appreciate the offer, but knowing she'd never want to go home would be bad for my heart.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

You're probably right, but that's Ok too. I'll come visit in the spring or summer when it's 105* here.For some silly reason, she still likes cold, snowy weather and I have to hear about it every winter she spends here. She might like Michigan. Who knows?
808 Vibes

Post by 808 Vibes »

Careful, now...she might not want to go back to you
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
06pvibe

Re: My three cents for the CB "I don't understand..." debate of 1-12-11 (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by 06pvibe »

Well then, that would give me a good excuse to come visit Hawaii wouldn't it?I've never been but have been interested to see what all the fuss is about.And I already know one person there.
808 Vibes

Post by 808 Vibes »

I dunno...Mama likey da gray, so your Mrs. & I might have to... *gulp* sh...share Houston. She can have him on leap years. Either that or we'll all have to move to Utah.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
Houston

Post by Houston »

I'd be a fool to touch this one.
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by HawaiiPontiacLover »Either that or we'll all have to move to Utah. I wouldn't recommend that...
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

I missed what happened... ???Did you all have a "Mass-debation"???lol(I survived 1-12-2011)
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Well then, come on in Houston. The water's fun.. I mean fine. It's all in fun. Just joking and flirting for fun.