I dont understand...

Let us know of any problems, suggestions, or questions you have about the GenVibe Website and Forums
CH@Dbee

I dont understand...

Post by CH@Dbee »

Over the past few days a few of my posts have been deleted from this site, and I am sure this thread will be deleted as well and I will be banned. If thats the case, then so be it. I have said some things about about some cars on this site because I truly do not understand the mentality of some of the members here. I am all for the "its your car, do what you want to it" thought process BUT when you destroy a car and make it look FAR worse than it did in stock form by "modifying" then somebody needs to give you a reality check.If you think tinting your head lights, spray painting your stock wheels or interior pieces, adding neon lights everywhere, adding non functional hood scopes or putting ugly decals in awkward spots makes your car look better then you are so very wrong. A lot of people on this site need to learn the less is more concept. Its like some people here just toss parts on their car with no plan or thought of how it will all look when completed and the end result ends up being pure trash.It just baffles me that so many people can destroy such a great car. I have had my Vibe for about 3 months now and I LOVE it and I get on here and see people just turning their Vibe into such a gaudy, ugly, distasteful hunk of crap. My Vibe GT is stock on the exterior and is better looking that most of the modified cars here and thats sad. For the love of all Vibe's just think about what you are doing before you spend your paycheck in the ricer isle at your local autozone. Stop and think, sometimes less can be more. Just like when a beautiful girl applies make-up....would you rather her look like a street walking hooker or just add a little bit to accent her already good looks? STOP TURNING YOUR CARS INTO GAUDY STREET WALKING HOOKERS!!!In the end its your car and you should do what you want with it. If you want to make your Vibe absolutely hideous then by all means go for it, but as long as I am here I wont stand by and allow you to wear your blinders thinking you improved the look of your car by adding 9 spoilers and 4 pounds worth of vinyl stickers....I will give you my opinion wither you agree with it or not so dont get your panties in a bunch, riceboy's.
2003 FROSTY WHITE PONTIAC VIBE GT
ponta2147

Re: I dont understand... (CH@Dbee)

Post by ponta2147 »

Interesting... I've actually noticed a lot *less* of that here than at most other car forums. The only thing that I've really seen much of at GenVibe is some headlight/taillight tinting. I can understand a level of opposition to that for safety reasons (I personally would not to do that to my car, nor would I participate in some of the other trends that compromise the safety of the vehicle, but whatevs)What's so wrong with spray painting wheels or interior pieces though? A lot of members have done that (myself included) and I hardly think it falls in the same category as stick-on vents... it's called aesthetic modding... and costs almost nothing to do (and totally adds 400hp.... haha, kidding)I mean... what level of modding is acceptable, then? A functional mod is ok but an aesthetic mod is not? Are seat covers not ok because they don't add to the car's performance? Is painting the engine covers not ok because it doesn't increase horsepower? (damn, I totes thought it did!!1!11one) Is adding a genvibe decal to the back window unacceptable? What about a decal for your college? What about a silly cartoon decal because it reflects your personality? Are you really against changing the look of your car at all?
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
CH@Dbee

Re: I dont understand... (ponta2147)

Post by CH@Dbee »

I have noticed a lot more of it here than any other forum that I have ever been a part of, by a long shot. The issue I have with tinting headlights is they are meant to make you see at night and tinting them diminishes the light output, Im sorry but that is just plain retarded. As far as painting stock wheels, its ghetto, I dont like that my car has factory wheels on it and it might take me a long time but I will save my money and look for a set of wheels used to buy for my car. I would never spray paint my stock wheels, then again I take pride in my car and would rather wait and do things right.My opinion on painting interior pieces is this, I prefer a clean, mature look but that might be because I am old(28 years old ugh) so I would rather my interior be nice looking instead of rattle can'd bright colors.I would never put seat covers on one of my cars, if I wanted to change the look of my seats I would take them to an upholstery shop and have them redone.Basically my point is too many people here half way to do things and it comes out decreasing the look of their car instead of helping it. If you are going to mod your car I think it should be done the right way or not done at all. I would rather drive around with my Vibe looking like it does right now(stock as can be) rather than cut my springs and spray paint my wheels, then again thats cause I take pride in my car.
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

There is a polite way to be constructive on expressing your opinion and there is the not so nice way in which you have done. Posts and threads are cleaned up every so often without an explanation when such things occur. Usually when this happens, the member has a chance to reflect, self actualize, and become a more well rounded individual. In your case, not so much. Quote, originally posted by CH@Dbee »I have noticed a lot more of it here than any other forum that I have ever been a part of, by a long shot. The issue I have with tinting headlights is they are meant to make you see at night and tinting them diminishes the light output, Im sorry but that is just plain retarded. As far as painting stock wheels, its ghetto, I dont like that my car has factory wheels on it and it might take me a long time but I will save my money and look for a set of wheels used to buy for my car. I would never spray paint my stock wheels, then again I take pride in my car and would rather wait and do things right.My opinion on painting interior pieces is this, I prefer a clean, mature look but that might be because I am old(28 years old ugh) so I would rather my interior be nice looking instead of rattle can'd bright colors.I would never put seat covers on one of my cars, if I wanted to change the look of my seats I would take them to an upholstery shop and have them redone.Basically my point is too many people here half way to do things and it comes out decreasing the look of their car instead of helping it. If you are going to mod your car I think it should be done the right way or not done at all. I would rather drive around with my Vibe looking like it does right now(stock as can be) rather than cut my springs and spray paint my wheels, then again thats cause I take pride in my car. This is a prime example. Using the word "retarded" and "ghetto" is not really politically correct or very nice. You mention you are an mature and 28 yrs old. Maturity is not measured in age, it is determined by life experiences and ones personality. You have a long way to go. You are singling yourself out and it is a shame. Instead of building new bridges to friendships, you are burning them down even before construction begun. I guess it is true what they say, "you give a man enough rope and he will hang himself."
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Don't confuse "your opinion" with "therefore everyone else should agree with me." I think one of the biggest problems in the web 2.0/social media/web discourse world is that people feel not only entitled to their opinion (which they are) but validation as well. No right to that, I am afraid!28 isn't "old"... and I say that as a 24 year old. There are many members here that are double that age.Stock wheels... when houseofbugs did it to his steelies in lime green, I know it was to be silly/crazy because he was using them for the track. I've seen the stock wheels from the first gen spray painted a matte black and it looked really nice, actually nicer than the original metal, kinda like it was meant to be. Some painting jobs don't look so hot, but meh.Spray painted interiors, it's a taste thing. Some people don't like the extra color and I get that, I personally love it (mostly because the red Vibe is a vibrant color to begin with, it would probably look obnoxious on a neutral color). I also think PsychoMartyr did a great job with his white paint. I remember when the PT Cruisers came out with color-coordinated interiors, I thought that was super cool. But then again, I love me some color, and every time I get into my car I have a huge smile on my face from seeing what I did.Seat covers... custom fitted ones look really classy. Plus the ones I got are waterproof, stain resistant, extra padded, and come with adjustable lumbar support. But I also paid a bajillion dollars for them. Compared to reupholstering, I think it's kind of like the difference between putting a rug on the floor in your house, and installing carpet... a little less commitment with similar benefits, and can still look very nice if done right.I guess it all depends on whether you see your car as A Thing To Be Preserved or an extension of yourself. Two very different schools of thought in the modding world, and probably just going to have to agree to disagree. Also, while it's fine to offer criticism, insults are pretty low and not the level of discourse we expect here (riceboys? really?). PS I consider my colored interior just a funky eyeshadow, not hooker makeup (maybe that would be like... giant skull decals on my hood? Or that giant Purdue decal on the hood... I can see it now...)What other forums are you a member of, by the way? Just curious to see this mythical car community that isn't full of "terrible" mods. GenVibe is one of the *least* hardcore modding communities I've seen out there, so I'm really curious who is even LESS mod-heavy than us.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Your post will stay for the time being so other members have a chance to read what you write and post their opinions openly. I am very curious to see what type of responses you will get. Quote, originally posted by CH@Dbee »Over the past few days a few of my posts have been deleted from this site, and I am sure this thread will be deleted as well and I will be banned. If thats the case, then so be it. I have said some things about about some cars on this site because I truly do not understand the mentality of some of the members here. I am all for the "its your car, do what you want to it" thought process BUT when you destroy a car and make it look FAR worse than it did in stock form by "modifying" then somebody needs to give you a reality check.If you think tinting your head lights, spray painting your stock wheels or interior pieces, adding neon lights everywhere, adding non functional hood scopes or putting ugly decals in awkward spots makes your car look better then you are so very wrong. A lot of people on this site need to learn the less is more concept. Its like some people here just toss parts on their car with no plan or thought of how it will all look when completed and the end result ends up being pure trash.It just baffles me that so many people can destroy such a great car. I have had my Vibe for about 3 months now and I LOVE it and I get on here and see people just turning their Vibe into such a gaudy, ugly, distasteful hunk of crap. My Vibe GT is stock on the exterior and is better looking that most of the modified cars here and thats sad. For the love of all Vibe's just think about what you are doing before you spend your paycheck in the ricer isle at your local autozone. Stop and think, sometimes less can be more. Just like when a beautiful girl applies make-up....would you rather her look like a street walking hooker or just add a little bit to accent her already good looks? STOP TURNING YOUR CARS INTO GAUDY STREET WALKING HOOKERS!!!In the end its your car and you should do what you want with it. If you want to make your Vibe absolutely hideous then by all means go for it, but as long as I am here I wont stand by and allow you to wear your blinders thinking you improved the look of your car by adding 9 spoilers and 4 pounds worth of vinyl stickers....I will give you my opinion wither you agree with it or not so dont get your panties in a bunch, riceboy's.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
kostby

Post by kostby »

Dear Mr. BurdetteWe're already fine with who we are here. You don't have to try to change us.If the GenVibe community is not up to your standards, there's no shame, dishonor, or penalty for simply ending your participation and moving on.Have a nice life! Kirk Ostby

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
808 Vibes

Re: I dont understand... (ponta2147)

Post by 808 Vibes »

We have two stock 2006's...both with crank windows and the plastic wheel covers...and reality is they're gonna STAY stock because I have a mortgage, a kid, and a special needs dog that come first, and a goal to buy a second house in 5 years. But I still can admire a tastefully done example, because it's not MY bank account that's affected by it. The cars on GenVibe and Matrix Owners are actually tastefully done, IMO, and I'm way older than the lot of them that do the modding. But...seat covers? Maybe someone makes a living getting dirty and wants to protect their seats. Or someone lives in an area where the interior WILL fade, and they want to protect it. Or the person who takes their dog to the dog park and wants to protect their seats from dirt and mud (and who knows what else). Maybe someone has a kid/kids who will scream for their cheerios/melted chocolate bar/sippy cup in the car and they want to protect their seats.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
silverbullet

Post by silverbullet »

What did you hope to acomplish with this post? Did you just find it nesessary to point out that you are better than all of us? Then mission acomplished. I just want to thank you for wasting space on this forum and the time of all its members to make yourself feel special. Just for the record all the vibes I have seen on this website are all tastefully done and I guarantee there could not have been more time, thought, and planning put into any of them. I would be proud to drive around in any of the cars of our members. I haven't seen a single car on here yet that I would not be happy to drive. And yes please have a nice life, mabye you can find a nice forum elsewhere and you can all the things you haven't done to your cars because your too good for the rest of the world. Good luck with that.
Houston

Re: I dont understand... (silverbullet)

Post by Houston »

I kind of agree with all of you, including the original poster. To each his or her own. There is nothing vile or obscene about what he said, and I hope this thread stays here.
2009 Base 2.4L with a few add-ons.
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by CH@Dbee »Blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah well you haven't been to many other import sites in your 28 "mature" years have you.seat covers? I don't want my stock seats to get all dirty so i cover them with a seat cover. put your grimy @$$ on them and after 50,000 miles they will look worn out. thats taking pride in your car.I'm a 50 year old guy, I have a problem with people tinting their headlamps, but I don't show everyone how ignorant I am by posting how everyone else is "ghetto or "retarded" or immature with their mods. And how is "modding your car the right way" would that be YOUR way?I suppose if your so inclined to have the same unmodded bland charcoal grey vibe GT as 30,000+ other mature (old)people go ahead. and I know of no one on this site that "cut their springs" like the person above said give a man enough rope......save your pennies buy new rims and get those seats reupholstered and when its all said and done you have modded your vehicle the way someone else doesn't like.maturity means keeping your mouth closed and your hands off the keyboard keys too.
beemerphile1

Post by beemerphile1 »

Quote, originally posted by CH@Dbee »...I am all for the "its your car, do what you want to it" thought process BUT when you destroy a car and make it look FAR worse than it did in stock form by "modifying" then somebody needs to give you a reality check...Personally I think you need a reality check and need to grow up. You sound like a two year old having a temper tantrum. Why do you care or why should anyone else care that you care?In my opinion if you own it you can do whatever you want with it including destroy it.There is an old saying that I like to go by; "Your rights end where my nose begins." In other words as long as a mod doesn't adversely affect me it is none of my business. Now when someone tints head or tail lights that could potentially affect me and it does concern me. If someone paints their wheels purple with pink polka dots I couldn't care less! Neither should you. Grow up!
NE Ohio - home to the most successful Pontiac drag racing team in history - Bill Knafel's "Tin Indian" and also home to Summit Auto Racing.
2009 Vibe base 1.8L auto towing 2009 Aliner Sport hardsided pop-up
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

There are several member on here who disagree with certain types of mods done to other Vibes. Their express their opinions as well. The difference is, it's done tastefully. Typically they will give their statement followed by their opinion without trashing the person. They typically will not trash the idea, but will give factual ramification of the mod intended. Some will give legal, some will give technical.Ppl have mentioned why I would have blue halos on my car since it's illegal. In some states, yes, but in Indiana no. Another good one was someone was trying to sell wheel spacers. One of our posters was not trying to bash the seller or the mods, but was giving his knowledge as to why the spacers were not a good idea. That does not mean that someone won't want them or that he prevented a sale, he simply provided his opinion about them based on his knowledge, not bc of a hatred or superiority complex.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
tpollauf

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by tpollauf »

Glad I was able to read ALL this before it gets deleted (which it SHOULD not) What each of us do to our rides is our business and OUR way of expressing our "individuality" to the world. A few too many "ours" there That's what makes us all special in our own way. How we are viewed & perceived in others minds doesn't mean JACK On a positive note you may continue to post for us all to read BUT be somewhat more considerate of those you "disagree" with
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

I find it very interesting to see what mods people do to their cars. Pehaps it's the biggest reason I view these forums. Yea some of it looks Awesome, some of it looks...well stupid. As long as they aren't endangering themselves or others then mod away. There's two sayings my mom (may god rest here soul) taught me that apply here: 1) If you don't have nothing nice to say don't say anything.2) To each his own said the lady that kissed the cow.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
djkeev

Post by djkeev »

Quote, originally posted by CH@Dbee »I have said some things about about some cars on this site because I truly do not understand the mentality of some of the members here. I am all for the "its your car, do what you want to it" thought process BUT when you destroy a car and make it look FAR worse than it did in stock form by "modifying" then somebody needs to give you a reality check.If you think tinting your head lights, spray painting your stock wheels or interior pieces, adding neon lights everywhere, adding non functional hood scopes or putting ugly decals in awkward spots makes your car look better then you are so very wrong. A lot of people on this site need to learn the less is more concept. Its like some people here just toss parts on their car with no plan or thought of how it will all look when completed and the end result ends up being pure trash.It just baffles me that so many people can destroy such a great car. I have had my Vibe for about 3 months now and I LOVE it and I get on here and see people just turning their Vibe into such a gaudy, ugly, distasteful hunk of crap. My Vibe GT is stock on the exterior and is better looking that most of the modified cars here and thats sad. For the love of all Vibe's just think about what you are doing before you spend your paycheck in the ricer isle at your local autozone. Stop and think, sometimes less can be more. Just like when a beautiful girl applies make-up....would you rather her look like a street walking hooker or just add a little bit to accent her already good looks? STOP TURNING YOUR CARS INTO GAUDY STREET WALKING HOOKERS!!!In the end its your car and you should do what you want with it. If you want to make your Vibe absolutely hideous then by all means go for it, but as long as I am here I wont stand by and allow you to wear your blinders thinking you improved the look of your car by adding 9 spoilers and 4 pounds worth of vinyl stickers....I will give you my opinion wither you agree with it or not so dont get your panties in a bunch, riceboy's. You are indeed welcome to your opinions and you have every right to have them.Sadly, you are only able to see but one option when it comes to a given topic and that option is YOUR opinion. Look around, the world is full of individuals and groups that do NOT think as you do. They are no more wrong in how they live or what they do than you are.Society has rules that must be followed for the perceived good of everyone living in it. Beyond that, have at it!There is also such a thing as tact and social graces. Must one use insulting terms and derogatory statements to make a point? I'm sure you know the answer is a resounding NO.As you grow you will find that you will change your narrow way of looking at things. I'm twice your age, I KNOW that some of my opinions have changed. I was raised during the conservative 50's and radical 60's by people born before the roaring 20's were even a concept!I used to think in similar ways as you do, I have come to recognize what really is important in life and everything else is quite minor. Now when you come to painting wheels or dash pieces you are so minor it falls off the minor scale!!Do I like some of the mods made? Heck no! I'd never do it or purchase a car it was done to but whatever floats your boat! Just don't make it unsafe and then share the highway with me is all I ask.Good luck in your life, lighten up and appreciate the rainbow of people and ideas you live among, you'll be a happier and kinder person for having done so.Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

I have seen some of your posts that have now been deleted. I to have my moments and I have noticed some of my posts get deleted. Usually it's when I was having a bad day and was more to the point than usual.Judging from your comments here and in other postings, I tend to agree with the majority here. Your comments though are your thoughts, were and are mean. You need to leave the drama thoughts to the other sites you are a member of... 9thgen would love you. HAHAThink of Genvibe as the "g" rated site. If you wouldn't allow a 5 year old to read your post, then it shouldn't be posted here at genvibe.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

One other note. Yea I had a thread moved by a mod that I disagreed with and then posted my respectful opinion on the move and it was deleted. They own this site and provide it free of charge, so it's basically any content they deem inappropriate they have they right to remove it. I've been on a few free-for-all sites and things can get really out of hand. Cursing, Name Calling, racial slurs so I'll be happy to hook you up with them and you can trash each other out. LOL
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
Kari

Post by Kari »

I have deleted one of your posts, and no, I didn't offer an explanation, but I will now.I deleted it because the Vibe of the Month congratulatory thread is NOT the place to tear down someone's car just because it isn't to your taste.Just because it's your opinion doesn't mean it's right, and if it's not your taste, it's not wrong either. There are very few "riceboys" here at GenVibe. Many of our members are older than you. And many of those that aren't, are more mature.
GenVibe Global Moderator
joatmon

Re: I dont understand...

Post by joatmon »

sweet! We haven't had any drama here for a while.This type of issue has come up here from time to time over the years. In the past, it has come down to a couple of key points:1. It's their car, they can do whatever they want to do to it.2. We're all different, so everyone isn't going to agree on everything.3. We're all adults, and need to treat each other with respect.People do stuff to their cars that I would never do, some things that if done to my car I'd regard it as vandalism, but it's not my time, my money, or my car. Whenever moderators have deleted one of my posts, they have communicated their rationale privately. Starting a thread like this isn't likely to get anyone banned, but ignoring the moderators cautions and direction could. / f1x0r3d/Quote, originally posted by CH@Dbee »I have had some posts deleted recently, and I hope that bringing up this topic is acceptable to the moderators and administrators of this siteI have said some things about about some cars on this site because I truly do not understand the mentality of some of the members here. I am all for the "its your car, do what you want to it" thought process BUT I feel compelled to provide a different opinion on some posted modifications that to me seem unjustifiable.In my opinion a number of the appearance mods diminish the aesthetic of the vehicle. I prefer a minimalist approach, or at least one that displays a consistent unifying scheme or style, rather than one that is seemingly unplanned or random.I have only had my Vibe for threre months, but I LOVE it and feel that the factory styling needs no improvement. However, I have seen here vehicles with appearance mods that I think look much worse than the stock look. I am so fond of this car that it bothers me.I think people should put more planning into the appearance mods done to Vibes.In the end its your car and you should do what you want with it. If you want to make your Vibe what I would consider to be absolutely hideous then by all means go for it. However, I will give you my opinion whether you agree with it or not. I do not intend to offend anyone.
wt2ga

Post by wt2ga »

Quote, originally posted by CH@Dbee »I wont stand by and allow you to wear your blinders thinking you improved the look of your car by adding 9 spoilers and 4 pounds worth of vinyl stickers....
Salsa Guy

Re: I dont understand... (wt2ga)

Post by Salsa Guy »

LOLROTF
silverbullet

Post by silverbullet »

that is the funniest thing i have heard/seen all day. definitely rotfl
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Hmmm...a little late to the party and where to begin.I don't like everything that I see people do to their cars on this site. Almost everybody on here realizes that the Vibe is not going to be an awesome race machine. Everybody has their own taste as to what looks good and what doesn't. I like to experiment with my car. I will change the paint on the interior, change minor things with the engine and drivetrain, I've even tried different options for controlling the lights on my car. IMO, if you want to do it to your car, go ahead but don't expect me to love the idea.For the most part, the people who contribute to this forum are generally tactful. Everybody has a bad day and will eventually go crazy. This is one of the best forums I've ever come across. We welcome comments and usually don't get offended by them. I love how people here are so willing to help each other out. If you don't like what goes on here and you get upset about your posts randomly disappearing, then find somewhere else to spend your time.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
tpollauf

Re: I dont understand... (joatmon)

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »sweet! We haven't had any drama here for a while.This is entertainment at it's finest Just when things seemed a bit slow here, a "poster" throws a wrench into things to keep us all on our toes God I love it here

CH@Dbee

Post by CH@Dbee »

well i guess i hit some nerves around here huh? i can see there is no point in trying to open the eyes of people that are stuck in fast and furious version one days. yes i am more mature in my taste of mod'ing cars than most people here, because i dont want gaudy ricer kiddy boy parts all over my car. i have learned that a clean, well thought out car where the parts work together as a whole looks better than just tossing a bunch of crap at a car and then driving around thinking it improved the appearance of it. as far as making friends here, it doesnt bother me. most of the people here are the type of people i would not spend time with anyways because they have bad taste. call me an A-hole, or whatever but in person or on the internet i call things like i see it. thats who i am. if the VOTY owner walked up to me at a car meet and pointed out his car to me in person i would tell him that decal on his fender and his neon are hideous to his face.....because they are. i am not saying this stuff because im on the internet, believe it or not this is who i am. the crazy thing is i dont have to ever do that type of thing because my friends and the car meets i go to people have taste in their cars. ou.grizzly- i dont care is i am politically correct, tinting your headlights, which are meant to help you see is RETARDED. if you dont agree with that then i dont know what to tell you. same with spray painting your wheels, you can go buy a set of TC wheels for a few hundred bucks if you want to change the look of your car instead of rattle can'ing a set of base model 16's. doing things right the 1st time is the non ghetto way of doing things. ponta- it is about a taste, but its also about common sense. i mean im sure there are people out there that enjoy their females to be 500+ lbs but that is still disgusting to me just like some people like stick on fender vents but that is disgusting to me lol as far as other forums, yeah there have been cars that were distastefully mod'd but it wasnt the majority like it is here. my350z.com, LS1tech.com and even srtforums(which has a good bit of rice) isnt as bad as here.kostby- thats a good idea!!! but for now im gonna stick around to see how this thread plays out HawaiiPontiacLover- and i respect you for keeping your car stock instead of spray painting everything you can get your hands on. as far as the seat cover thing goes, as long as it isnt the cheap loose fitting universal bright colored seat covers you buy at autozone i dont see an issue with it if you need to protect your seats. i said i would have mine recovered, thats me personally, i dont have kids, my dog doesnt shed her hair and im a photographer so i dont get dirty lol silverbullet- i got some things off my chest, it made me feel better. i never said i was better than anybody but i do have more respect for my car than a lot of people here. if someone enjoys their car they wouldnt do what some people here do to them. it really is a shame. did you just say all the vibes here are tastefully done?!?! really?!?! WOW!!!!! that statement literally made my jaw drop. can you honestly look at this and say this is tasteful? that is tasteful in your eyes?!?!?! really?!?! Houston- thank you! i know im being ganged up in this thread and i know i deserve it but at the same time i really hope some people open their eyes and really think about what they are doing to their cars. scherry2- lol @ the blah blah blah thing!!! i have already explained the seat covers a few replies up....my car will be mod'd, hopefully by the end of the summer it will have nice wheels(volks, works, BBS) and coilovers. people will look at it and it will be respected because it will be done RIGHT the 1st time and look clean and well done instead of cluttered and ghetto. take your own advice about the maturity part and keep your hands off the keyboard cause that "blah blah blah" thing had me laughing cause it was so middle school-ish beemerphile1- honestly it doesnt bother me, i will keep doing what i do and if people want to keep blowing their paychecks at autozone for their stick on fender vents then atleast it gives me something to laugh at. if anybody in here thinks i am upset or mad then you are very wrong.Wolfman213- some mod's have nothing but a visual impact unlike wheels spacers, which i have had small spacers on my cars before and didnt have any issues. i think some people have thin skin around here and need to understand if you put pictures of your car on the internet people will give you their honest opinion, if you cant handle honest then dont post. tpollauf- thats my biggest issue, there are not a lot of modified vibes out there and the ones i do see are just a train wreak. rmckinjr- some of the stuff around here does look really good and your right some of the stuff does look VERY stupid lol i feel like people are thinking this is a me VS this forum thing and it is not. i call things like i see them, im the same way in person. if people dont like that, then oh well.djkeev- you post made me smile dave, i like you, you seam like a kind soul and i like that. thank you for your reply sir.keithvibe- (removed) i was mean?!?!?! oh no!!! lol hahahaa =P i have been meaning to get on 9thgen but havent registered yet lol im sure they have a decent wheels for sale section when i have the funds to blow rmckinjr- it happens, nah im good im on a few sites like that and its stupid. i honestly didnt think the things i said in here were THAT disrespectful. i was shocked people took offense to me describing something as ghetto, when it is ghetto lolKari- really, can anybody explain to me how that sticker on the fender of that car looks good at all?!? that is the best vibe on this site?!?! my car is way cleaner and looks much better and its just a very clean, good condition stock GT. joatmon-1. your right2. your right3. your rightbwhahahaaa, i can agree, if some of these things were done to my car in the middle of the night i would be sure i had a friend playing a very cruel joke on me lolif there are typo's here i am sorry, that was a lot of typing lol
06pvibe

Re: (CH@Dbee)

Post by 06pvibe »

Well... isn't this special......
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by CH@Dbee ». ou.grizzly- i dont care is i am politically correct, tinting your headlights, which are meant to help you see is RETARDED. if you dont agree with that then i dont know what to tell you. same with spray painting your wheels, you can go buy a set of TC wheels for a few hundred bucks if you want to change the look of your car instead of rattle can'ing a set of base model 16's. doing things right the 1st time is the non ghetto way of doing things. lLet me guess, you were abused at a child? Uncle molested you? Momma didn't hold you enough? Would easily explain the insecurity and cutting other people down for no reasonQuote, originally posted by 06pvibe »Well... isn't this special...... Ha!He is special alright...
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

*edited content*you don't make vibe of the month and your crying plain and simple. Your Vibe is stock. nothing special, as i said just like the 30,000 other stock vibes.and yes you said it:"as far as making friends here, it doesnt bother me. most of the people here are the type of people i would not spend time with anyways because they have bad taste. call me an A-hole, or whatever but in person or on the internet i call things like i see it." I'm sorry my sticker thats on my Vibe for the church I go to offends you.and yes we all seem to call it as we see it... on this thread anyway.
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

well I can see your making friends left and right.... You make fun of other modifications but you talk about making the same ones yourself. Tastefull mods are in the owners eyes... Guess a parent never said, if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.. Hope in time you will grow up.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

As I learned in sales....THATS GREAT!!! Is that your company in your signature? As a mature 28 year old who has a photography bussiness I recommend reading "How To Make Freinds And Influence People" by Dale Carnegie. Great read ! People wont do bussiness with you if you (removed) them off LOL. Even if you dont have a bussiness it is still a great read. Keep your options open & dont burn any bridges. You never know who the next person may know ! From what I remember people praised your photography work....so why would you bash the same people that MAY have given you a compliment & the site that gave you the OPPORTUNITY to display your work? A bad attitude will get you nowhere now matter how talented you are cause no one will want to work with you.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Who the heck here even HAS ricer parts on their car here? I know maybe one person who had a stick on thing, which was removed (it's the car you have pictured). A few people have bought the FACTORY spoilers (as in, built by the company for the car) and the FACTORY body kits. A few people have bought a custom hood (not a stick on scoop, an actual full-on replacement hood). Very few people have done any exhaust modifications, aside from adding a FACTORY tip. The worst is maybe a few decals (I'm looking at you, houseofbugs ) I'm not seeing "rice" here.I'm seeing some people trying experiments with their cars, and learning from it, and then being able to share what they learned. Talk to PsychoMartyr about experimenting, especially all those lessons he learned about how NOT to tint things, right? And he's the first person who will tell you now that cutting a hole in tint is probably a terrible idea, and you probably shouldn't tint things that dark in the first place.But please, since you clearly know better than everyone here including people that had graduated college before you were born, feel free to act like you know everything. Actually I welcome you to go into my garage thread and tell me every terrible thing that I did to my car and what you would have done differently, along with why it is terrible and what exactly looks so bad about it. But as soon as you make a blanket statement like "it's just rice (because I said so)", "you just don't respect your car (because I said so)" "it's just disgusting (because I said so)" etc. etc., you kind of lose all credibility.
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

News travels fast online. Keep this attitude and keep pissing people off online (while you are advertising for your business) and soon people will start to recognize you and what an A-hole you can be and won't do business with you.Quote, originally posted by cptnsolo77 »People wont do bussiness with you if you (removed) them off LOL. Even if you dont have a bussiness it is still a great read. Keep your options open & dont burn any bridges. You never know who the next person may know !I couldn't agree more.Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »Hope in time you will grow up. Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »The worst is maybe a few decals (I'm looking at you, houseofbugs )What's wrong with a few decals?Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »I'm seeing some people trying experiments with their cars, and learning from it, and then being able to share what they learned. Talk to PsychoMartyr about experimenting, especially all those lessons he learned about how NOT to tint things, right? And he's the first person who will tell you now that cutting a hole in tint is probably a terrible idea, and you probably shouldn't tint things that dark in the first place.IMO, the best way to learn is to do it. You don't truly know unless you have done it. PsychoMartyr will gladly tell you that he has made big mistakes with some of his projects. Hell, I'll even tell you that I've made big mistakes with some of my projects. Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »But please, since you clearly know better than everyone here including people that had graduated college before you were born, feel free to act like you know everything. Actually I welcome you to go into my garage thread and tell me every terrible thing that I did to my car and what you would have done differently, along with why it is terrible and what exactly looks so bad about it. But as soon as you make a blanket statement like "it's just rice (because I said so)", "you just don't respect your car (because I said so)" "it's just disgusting (because I said so)" etc. etc., you kind of lose all credibility.The biggest mistake of all is everyone not knowing that it is I, lovemyraffe, who is always right Someday soon I hope everyone will understand this...
keithvibe

Re: (lovemyraffe)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »The biggest mistake of all is everyone not knowing that it is I, lovemyraffe, who is always right Someday soon I hope everyone will understand this...walks over to lovemyraffe and pinches him cuz he's dreaming HAHAHA
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Damn, I thought *I* was the one who was always right. There can only be one solution... Battle To The Death!...or maybe a cupcake bake-off. I love cupcakes. Winner takes all the cupcakes!!Unless I don't win... no, that's impossible. I am guaranteed an influx of cupcakes!
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Lets make this a referendum:From here on, each person's post will be an example of the level of respect and maturity that the poster feels should be the standard on this site.
CH@Dbee

Post by CH@Dbee »

ou.grizzly- dont quit your day job! lolscherry2- i have had my car for 3 months, i just got done doing an audio build with all brand new top of the line equipment, you can check out the audio section for the build thread. that was stage one of my car and next is suspension and wheels but it isnt done right now cause i would rather take my time and do it right. to be honest i have way more friends than i can keep up with and have an amazing life that i love with lots of great people keithvibe- what mod did i bring up then say i was going to do myself? cptnsolo77- no one of this forum is my customer base, i just got off the phone with a person in PA that is flying me up there in a couple weeks to shoot his 720whp Porsche 911 and paying me good money to do it. i might drive a vibe and love it with all my heart but this is not my customer base. nobody here is going to pay me the price i request for a photoshoot. ponta2147- i dont even have an issue with decals, as long as they are a few of them and in a place where it doesnt look gaudy, like the back window. when you start putting them on the hood and fenders and sideskirts it looks like the ricers in the 1st fast and furious movie. not to mention when you do take those stickers off it will effect the paint of your car if it sits outside in the sun. lovemyraffe- every single person that would hire me to shoot their car would fully 100% agree with every statement i have made in this thread. i will get ZERO negative effects from this in my business. i was telling the client i was on the phone with earlier today that owns the porsche about the VOTY and he wanted to see a picture so i sent it to him and he laughed so hard i thought he was going to puke. as far as the decals go i have already addressed that but thats fine....here is one of my old cars....i was given a free clutch and flywheel by that company if i put the decal on my car so i went with it. decals are more about placement in my opinion. the only reason i even said something about the VOTY winner's decal was the placement of it o the car which made it look gaudy.
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

So why did ya get rid of the Nissan?
CH@Dbee

Post by CH@Dbee »

it was too slow for me. it handled great and braked like a beast since it was a track edit with the brembo's but i had this before the Z....and it made 410whp at 28psi, trapped 121mph in the 1/4 and walked off from stock C6Z06's on the interstate like they were a geo lol i sold the Z to buy an evo but before i could i had a very close friend die from driving his 580whp civic hatch stupidly.....that made me not want a fast car anymore.
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by CH@Dbee »lovemyraffe- every single person that would hire me to shoot their car would fully 100% agree with every statement i have made in this thread. i will get ZERO negative effects from this in my business. i was telling the client i was on the phone with earlier today that owns the porsche about the VOTY and he wanted to see a picture so i sent it to him and he laughed so hard i thought he was going to puke.Here's a newsflash for you...people who drive a Porsche, don't like little $15,000 cars. And this could come back to hurt your business. It doesn't take much for somebody to google chadbeephotography.com and see what you have posted here. When you first joined, I was excited to see your photography, but now you have been such an *** to people here that I really don't care.
CH@Dbee

Post by CH@Dbee »

he wasnt laughing at the vibe he was laughing at the choices the owner made in modifying it. theres a big difference there.
03VibeOttawa

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

Please, please stop referring to anyone here being more mature than anyone else based on things they do their cars. As it has been beaten to death by many posts, it's all relative...we all have unique budgets, tastes, 5-year plans, etc. I for one have gotten some negative press for having an unpainted functional ram-air hood...it really doesn't bother me, because my undergrad and grad program are paid off, in addition to my car, I'm 100% debt-free, and am saving up for my first home. We all have different standards in regards to car modifications, as well as forum posting. The numerous typos (at least, I hope they were typos) in the original post here lost it some credibility for me, the same way some people think decals are questionable.
03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by CH@Dbee »it was too slow for me. it handled great and braked like a beast since it was a track edit with the brembo's but i had this before the Z....and it made 410whp at 28psi, trapped 121mph in the 1/4 and walked off from stock C6Z06's on the interstate like they were a geo lol i sold the Z to buy an evo but before i could i had a very close friend die from driving his 580whp civic hatch stupidly.....that made me not want a fast car anymore. Umm... That is rice
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

You owned a Z and an evo and you now own a vibe??????? you are so full of ****.
lovemyraffe

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »Umm... That is riceAgreed.
CH@Dbee

Post by CH@Dbee »

well 1st of all it would be corn, not rice cause its a American not Japanese bwahahhawhat is exactly is "rice" about it? the carbon hood? the stock hood is VERY heavy and it saved about 30 lbs. the upgraded intercooler is rice? when you upgrade the turbo its a smart choice. the wheels are rice? the stock ones were only 6 in wide and those were 7.5 so i could fit more tires to help with traction. i dont see any rice, sorry
silverbullet

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by silverbullet »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 » I know maybe one person who had a stick on thing, which was removed (it's the car you have pictured).ok what you have pictured could just be called a lesson learned. i suppose we all have our own opinions and no one can change them. i just do not see the use in coming on and basically just announcing that generally we are all ruining our cars and not doing anything right while you can do it all right and your car is better. whatever your intention was that was the way it came across to me, and clearly some others as well. try being nicer next time. please just dont put down people, their cars, or work time, and money they have put in to make it just right(for them not you). i really have a hard time believing you do not like or have any interest in the mods that can be found here. of course i have seen some things that i might not like the look of or would have done differently, but they should be able to do whatever they want without reticule. my problem is the comments like ricer boys four spoilers and x inches of decals. not very nice and lets be honest here could it REALLY be that bad? i just want to leave it at this: please just be nice and choose your words a little more carefully and try being positive and i would be more willing to consider your opinions or ideas.
CH@Dbee

Re: (scherry2)

Post by CH@Dbee »

i never said i owned an evo, i wass going to buy an evo but i didnt. i owned a 350z and a neon(SRT4). and this blazer as well....4/5 drop on 20's. it was pretty nice truck. i have no reason to lie...here is my forsale thread from when i had the Z...http://my350z.com/forum/south-....htmlhere is a video from my neon to prove the power it made...http://www.streetfire.net/vide...6.htm
tpollauf

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 » maybe a cupcake bake-off. I love cupcakes. Winner takes all the cupcakes!!This topic is getting unbelievable hits (49 in only the 14 hrs it's been here) to where I can't keep up wit hall the criticism Oh ... Michelle, when you WIN (and you know you will) you COULD share some of those cupcakes with me

CH@Dbee

Post by CH@Dbee »

ill take the deal on the cupcakes, as long as they dont have neon lights or fake vents/scoops on them