Instant Messages

Let us know of any problems, suggestions, or questions you have about the GenVibe Website and Forums
keithvibe

Instant Messages

Post by keithvibe »

For a few weeks now, some of the IM's are being delayed or not del. Is it just me or is anyone else having an issue with Im'sI think it was an update to my firefox browser that caused the issue for me but, I can't be sure.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
BlueCrush

Re: Instant Messages (keithvibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

I haven't had any problems on Firefox at work or Opera at home. Just sent you a test IM from work.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
lovemyraffe

Re: Instant Messages (BlueCrush)

Post by lovemyraffe »

I've noticed that mine are a little slow or not delivered (kinda like my newspaper recently).
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
jkm311

Re: Instant Messages (BlueCrush)

Post by jkm311 »

I know Google Chrome's pop up blocker icon is now super small. It's a tiny red "x" in the address bar that I never noticed... for days on end. The minute I found it and "allowed" genvibe as a site, I received 10 IMs backed up from a week before! I would check your browser's site allowances list. Add genvibe.com to it, and you should be golden.In a related topic, whenever I open an IM to write somebody I have been trading messages back and forth with, I can't see the previous message, so I have to go to my IM page and "save to notepad" to recall our conversation. Bugs me, but it's no big deal. I don't IM as often as I thought I would.Also, when I reload the forum webpage and have an IM open, it resends my last message again. At least it duplicates it for me, visually.
Steelies to the rescue.
lovemyraffe

Re: Instant Messages (jkm311)

Post by lovemyraffe »

My previous IM's with a person don't load until after I send one to them.
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

mine was working till I updated the "no scripts" addon to firefox. Once I did the update it blocked the popups. I didn't know it, till weeks later lol.At least that's what I attribute it to.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Sputnik

Re: Instant Messages (lovemyraffe)

Post by Sputnik »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »My previous IM's with a person don't load until after I send one to them. Yeah I've always had that problem too.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Some IMs pop up right away, others that pop up have had up to a half hour delay... always wondered why...
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

It also looks like there might be a code problem on the site as of late. I am showing a javascript syntax error on every page:Webpage error detailsUser Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6.5; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; Tablet PC 2.0; .NET4.0C)Timestamp: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 15:38:33 UTCMessage: Syntax errorLine: 6Char: 19Code: 0URI: http://forums.genvibe.com/twitter/twitterdata.jsI think this has something to do with the Twitter feed that was on the page before and if the page errors out the IM's, in some cases, don't load because the page never completed.I'll report the issue.Thanks.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

I just received an unsolicited IM from member " stephiebady."Quote, originally posted by stephiebady (10:48 AM 7/24/2010) »I am stephie atta from COTE D IVOIRE, i inherited (6.5mUSD)from my late father i need you to assist to transfer and invest it in your country then i will shall and continue my study there, i will offer 15% see more details ( stephieatta1002@yahoo.com)Miss stephie AttaCould I REALLY get rich helping this girl/woman??OK, now to get serious: What is the best way here to notify a MOD that this is happening? I did not find any direct links or lists for the available Mods to report this to.Here's the profile page address: http://forums.genvibe.com/zero...11178
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
Sputnik

Re: (06pvibe)

Post by Sputnik »

Sorry I'm a bit late in checking this thread again, but I've taken care of "stephiebady."
GenVibe Global Moderator

808 Vibes

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »I just received an unsolicited IM from member " stephiebady."Could I REALLY get rich helping this girl/woman??OK, now to get serious: What is the best way here to notify a MOD that this is happening? I did not find any direct links or lists for the available Mods to report this to.Here's the profile page address: http://forums.genvibe.com/zero...11178*PSSSSST....it's really a dude named Stephen*
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
06pvibe

Re: (Sputnik)

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by Sputnik »Sorry I'm a bit late in checking this thread again, but I've taken care of "stephiebady." Thank you, Sir! But what is the correct way to report something like this on GenVibe? As I'd said, I could find no list of Moderators, nor a "report post" button anywhere on the IM window. What is a regular member supposed to do?Quote, originally posted by HawaiiPontiacLover »*PSSSSST....it's really a dude named Stephen* Remember that I'm an Asst ADMIN/Moderator too and it wouldn't surprise me in the least with all I've seen.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe » But what is the correct way to report something like this on GenVibe? As I'd said, I could find no list of Moderators, nor a "report post" button anywhere on the IM window. What is a regular member supposed to do?I usually see if a mod is online and IM them directly!
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »Thank you, Sir! But what is the correct way to report something like this on GenVibe? As I'd said, I could find no list of Moderators, nor a "report post" button anywhere on the IM window. What is a regular member supposed to do?I'm not a sir but I'll forgive you this time.Just do report post to a moderator from a thread and explain what the real issue is. You can always go to the member list and search users for a list of all moderators. Currently its ou.grizzly, me, Kari, millster, Arcsvibe, and then Nsimkins and mkowdley are the admins.
GenVibe Global Moderator

808 Vibes

Post by 808 Vibes »

Rut-Roh...
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by Sputnik »I'm not a sir but I'll forgive you this time.Just do report post to a moderator from a thread and explain what the real issue is. You can always go to the member list and search users for a list of all moderators. Currently its ou.grizzly, me, Kari, millster, Arcsvibe, and then Nsimkins and mkowdley are the admins. Sorry. Honest mistake. No offense intended but Sputnik sounds a little masculine to me.I don't believe there is a report post button in the IM window... and this is at least the second time it's happened to me this year.
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »Sorry. Honest mistake. No offense intended but Sputnik sounds a little masculine to me.I don't believe there is a report post button in the IM window... and this is at least the second time it's happened to me this year.No I know there's no offense intended and I'm not upset, in any way shape or form. Not in the IM window, in a thread - the one beside each post. Just use that to report a problem but make sure you explain its not the post that's the problem, but the IM from whomever. Better yet, just pick one of the mods and send them an IM about it. They are workarounds but they work.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »Sorry. Honest mistake. No offense intended but Sputnik sounds a little masculine to me.Sputnik was actually the name of my Vibe - it was Satellite silver colour, hence the name Sputnik. Its now the name of my Rogue, but only because the plates are personalized and I just transferred them over.
GenVibe Global Moderator

vibenvy

Re: Instant Messages (jkm311)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by jkm311 »In a related topic, whenever I open an IM to write somebody I have been trading messages back and forth with, I can't see the previous message, so I have to go to my IM page and "save to notepad" to recall our conversation.I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not John, but when you go to your Instant Message History page you will see the list of usernames with whom you've been communicating on the lefthand side of the page. If you click on the username the entire conversation will come up, than you just click Open IM Window and type your response. It took me a while to figure this out. I figured if you clicked on the username it would just take you to that person's profile (even though it says "Select a username link below to view the conversation") . If you are aware of this feature, please disregard this post .
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by Sputnik »Not in the IM window, in a thread - the one beside each post. Just use that to report a problem but make sure you explain its not the post that's the problem, but the IM from whomever. Better yet, just pick one of the mods and send them an IM about it. They are workarounds but they work. Ah! Now I see what you mean. 'K, thanks.Quote, originally posted by Sputnik »Sputnik was actually the name of my Vibe - it was Satellite silver colour, hence the name Sputnik. Its now the name of my Rogue, but only because the plates are personalized and I just transferred them over.Gotcha'! I think our Vibe is a boy too, hence the name Frosty Jake. (Just Jake before I knew the name of the color.) But my Mazda3 HB is feminine, so I use Virgin1 as a screen name on some other sites after her. I have gotten a few gender related, as well as sexual orientation questions about that one too.
808 Vibes

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »For a few weeks now, some of the IM's are being delayed or not del. Is it just me or is anyone else having an issue with Im'sI think it was an update to my firefox browser that caused the issue for me but, I can't be sure.Can you send me a Yahoo? Somehow ALL of my I.M. contacts are GONE!!!!!!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

having issues with IM/PM again.Had some issues with Firefox, started using chrome. All were blocked on Chrome.Went back to FF and now they are either delayed or not poping up.I think it has to do with me checking the board from my Ipod touch during the day. It sees me signed in but the browser on the Ipod blocks the popups. And then when I sign in on my lap top later, I don't get any because I checked in during the day on my Ipod. So I am getting people sending me messages that they think I am ignoring.Sorry for this. I suggest that you hit me up on FB or email if you need to send me a message. You can email me threw my web page.Till I can figure out what I can do don't expect PM's to be answered quickly or maybe not at all. Such a dumb message type, pop up... grrrr
808 Vibes

Post by 808 Vibes »

Y! Instant Messenger is always constipated. I don't even bother with it anymore. It just sits there flashing 'loading...' (oh...and thanks for replying in such a timely manner)
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

I don't like that IM/PM are pop-ups either. If I block the pop-ups then I don't get my IM/PM.
keithvibe

Re: Instant Messages (lovemyraffe)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »I don't like that IM/PM are pop-ups either. If I block the pop-ups then I don't get my IM/PM.This is my biggest problem I use various browers threw out the day and I don't know how to adjust each browser for PM/IMs.So if I check on one browser and then again later on another the first one may have blocked the popup IM so later when I do get a chance to respond to IMs I don't see any because they were already blocked on another browser that I used earlier in the day.Till I can figure out what to do, I have disabled my IMs so people will need to email me or contact me threw FB
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

if you don't want IMs to be pop ups, how do you want them? I don't know if the admins have any flexibility with the forum software.You can always go to http://forums.genvibe.com/zerouser?cmd=imhistory to check GVIMs and it's "through"
keithvibe

Re: (joatmon)

Post by keithvibe »

That is how I have been handling it, but I don't normally check my IMs threw my profile.
star_deceiver

Re: (keithvibe)

Post by star_deceiver »

Firefox 5 seems to work with the IM, that and I've got GenVibe as an exception to the popup blocker on FF and Adblock
keithvibe

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »Firefox 5 seems to work with the IM, that and I've got GenVibe as an exception to the popup blocker on FF and Adblockthat is great, but I use several browsers threw out the day, and I can't adjust each browser.Like I said before, I have disabled the popup IM so people will need to email me.