The "last updated" column on the Forum page, not always accurate!

Let us know of any problems, suggestions, or questions you have about the GenVibe Website and Forums
tpollauf

The "last updated" column on the Forum page, not always accurate!

Post by tpollauf »

Has anyone else happen to notice that from time to time (once/twice a week recently) there will be an entry under the "last updated" column showing one of us posting recently (say TODAY). Then when you click that person who supposedly posted today, it goes to that post and is NOT today, but a few days ago! I routinely scan through the main forum section just to see the latest posts and every now & then, a post is incorrectly dated. Ironically, just last month, it showed ME as posting a recent reply to a thread and I never did! It seems to be random and not always the same person. This is more of a nuisance and not a big deal BUT I feel it should be addressed and possibly corrected.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
star_deceiver

Re: The "last updated" column on the Forum page, not always accurate! (tpollauf)

Post by star_deceiver »

That usually happens when someone deletes their post or votes in a poll (altezza thread...)
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
Sputnik

Re: The "last updated" column on the Forum page, not always accurate! (star_deceiver)

Post by Sputnik »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »That usually happens when someone deletes their post or votes in a poll (altezza thread...)Yep thats why it goes to the top of the most recent! If someone deleted their post it usually shows in the list as just a timestamp instead of a timestamp and a user. Additionally if a moderator edits the thread it goes to in the list of recent threads as well.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)