'debug assertion' it's annoying!!!

Let us know of any problems, suggestions, or questions you have about the GenVibe Website and Forums
csxt8058

'debug assertion' it's annoying!!!

Post by csxt8058 »

Every so often while on the site a box will pop up on my monitor saying 'debug assertion failed' then I have to hit retry before it finally stops and another box comes up saying ' the following add on was running...HP web helper. I get rid of that, then it says 'intenet explorer has encountered a problem and has to close'. Then I lose everything and have to start over. It seems to happen most often here, but occasionally on other internet sites. It's taken me five tries to get this message typed without it closing out before I can finish it and send it.It doesn't do it on my work computer, so I'm guessing it's something with my browser with this computer here at home. Now I know my computer doesn't have a virus, so this 'debug' thing doesn't make any sense to me. Anyone have some suggestions? JR

2010 Ultra White AWD-Railfan Customized...on to a new owner in 2015
2008 two tone Salsa base model..current railfan rig
Kari

Re: 'debug assertion' it's annoying!!! (csxt8058)

Post by Kari »

It sounds like you have an add on in your browser that's causing a problem. I would try completely removing and reinstalling your web browser.I don't think it has anything to do with this site...I've never seen anything like that.
GenVibe Global Moderator
csxt8058

Re: 'debug assertion' it's annoying!!! (Kari)

Post by csxt8058 »

I reinstalled and updated my web browser and it's done it twice again when I went to reply to this message, but instead of closing out, when I hit retry, the box went away and I was able to continue what I was doing. I guess we'll see what happens. Thank you for your suggestion, JR

2010 Ultra White AWD-Railfan Customized...on to a new owner in 2015
2008 two tone Salsa base model..current railfan rig
keithvibe

Re: 'debug assertion' it's annoying!!! (csxt8058)

Post by keithvibe »

do you get "Microsoft Visual C++ Library, Debug Assertion Failed!"?????have a look here maybe they can helphttp://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=50118
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.