Suggesting some form of notification for IMs

Let us know of any problems, suggestions, or questions you have about the GenVibe Website and Forums
L5K

Suggesting some form of notification for IMs

Post by L5K »

I always check my IMs too late and they are pretty old before I ever see them. Would there be any way to notify us that we have received an IM either when we come to the forums or even by email?
03 GT, Abyss with tupperwareTo Do List: (will take a long time)Front/Rear swaybarsStrut tower barTint windowsReplace rear bumper cover (previous owner rear-ended)Replace upper front bumper cover (cracked)Replace VVTL-i engine cover (previous owner was Hercules)
bodhi_tree777

Re: Suggesting some form of notification for IMs (L5K)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Do yours not pop up automatically? Whenever I have an IM it opens up on its' own as soon as I visit the site.
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
keithvibe

Re: Suggesting some form of notification for IMs (bodhi_tree777)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by bodhi_tree777 »Do yours not pop up automatically? Whenever I have an IM it opens up on its' own as soon as I visit the site.yea, they should pop up. Though now and again I won't get one that will pop up.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Kari

Re: Suggesting some form of notification for IMs (L5K)

Post by Kari »

Your IMs should pop up when you come onto the site the next time. If they aren't, you might want to put an exception for genvibe.com in your popup blocker. To my knowledge, there are no other popups here other than the IM so you should be safe with that.
GenVibe Global Moderator
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

I usually get the IM's, but occasionally they don't come until too late. I allow pop-ups for the site, but sometimes they don't show up. Is there any way to fix this?
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage