Proposing a "Hot Deals" section

Let us know of any problems, suggestions, or questions you have about the GenVibe Website and Forums
Sublimewind

Proposing a "Hot Deals" section

Post by Sublimewind »

Hi all,I would like to open up discussion about possibly adding a "Hot Deals" section to the forum... On another forum of mine, we have this and it works out rather well... The purpose it to post links to the great things we happen across in out interweb travels... I personally find some GREAT car audio deals and i'm itching to share them... Maybe a full section added, divided into subsections, to allow for different things, much like the whole forum is divided now (maintainence/car audio/electrical..ect.. even home wares)So, I put this on the table for people to mull over... Who thinks this is a good idea and who doesn't?? Mods, please provide "mod based" opinion on weather or not you feel it's a good idea, from a mod standpoint.. Thanks, I would like to see this happen, I think we could really help each other out with this, BUT, if it didn't happen, I wouldn't be devastated.. lol.. What say GenVibe...??? Cheers,Aaron
Kamikaze

Re: Proposing a "Hot Deals" section (Sublimewind)

Post by Kamikaze »

August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

I usually post them in the For Sale section but a Hot Deals section would be nice to keep them all in one place and easier to locate. I only see a need for 1 more subsection below that, though, for Ebay/Craigslist sightings. This would keep the Hot deal section a little cleaner since the Ebay listings have a fast turnaround, usually.I vote as well!!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

I agree BC... EB and CL listings move quick, as do some of the hot deals (one week to one day deals) I'm leary about people posting Ebay listings... I mean I guess here it wouldn't be that bad, we tend to "police" ourselves... But on other forums, they would post their Ebay listing in the sale section, THEN cross post it into the HD section... so it's a fine line... but yeah, if it works, maybe an Ebay section as well... who knows.. I was just hoping to be able to pass on some of the cool things I seeHeck, just the other day I bought 2 amps, BNIB, decent amps, for Not too shabby... I don't/didn't even need them, but if I could pass the savings onto someone else.. all the better..
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

wow, 68 looks and 2 replies.... Geez people, I thought you all liked saving money??Whatever...
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

I think its a great idea!
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

74 looks and now 3 replies... Wow... I guess some ideas are just not that good... forget I mentioned it..
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

This would be awesome i think. Plus it would be a better way to separate the stuff that us genvibers are selling in the For Sale section and the stuff that we just come across. That way if it's located under the Hot Deals section, it would be a given that we aren't affiliated with the seller and the other CYA verbaige that we put on there.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
BlueCrush

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by BlueCrush »

Give it some time...it hasn't even been 24 hours yet...lol. Things move at a slower pace on GenVibe than other sites....
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Kari

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by Kari »

I think it's a good idea too -- but I don't have the authority to create forums. Nick may, so you might want to send him a link to your thread to make sure he sees it.
GenVibe Global Moderator
keithvibe

Re:

Post by keithvibe »

First time i seen the thread... relax....You will give yourself a heartattack.It's not a bad idea.I am sure some thought to the area would need a disclaimer to help protect the owners.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

seems I can't get any traction, less I get huffy... lol.. 74 looks and 3 replies... One would think, after looking at it, one could simply type, cool... or you suck.... Maybe i'm just not that well liked? who knows... I got more replies after saying "forget about it", than I did before I said it... LoL
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

it's all that snow tire talk that did you in...
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Sublimewind

Re: Re: (keithvibe)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »First time i seen the thread... relax....You will give yourself a heartattack.It's not a bad idea.I am sure some thought to the area would need a disclaimer to help protect the owners.LoL.... The "other" forum that runs a HD section has no disclaimer... It's buyer beware, as with most anything bought online... lol... This is part of me mentioning EB and CL posts, you never really know how it will turn out, till you open the package.. I'm just trying to get some discussion going about it... I got a HD thread going on yet another forum of mine, yesterday... Maybe it doesn't need be a section, but it sure would make it easier to find stuff if it where broken down into sections like "car parts" "car audio" "TV's"... ect... Just throwin out ideas... lol...
Kamikaze

Re: Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by Kamikaze »

I looked at it 45 of those times
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

I probably looked at it 10+ so far reading other replies. So only 8 people total have looked at it multiple times....lol. So yeah, you can't really go by the # of views.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

lol...
Kari

Post by Kari »

You catch a lot more flies with honey than vinegar.
GenVibe Global Moderator
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Give all threads in the "hot deals" section a 7 day shelf life then delete them.
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
BadBrew

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by BadBrew »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »Give all threads in the "hot deals" section a 7 day shelf life then delete them. +1
2005 Lava Vibe base Garage
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Well, as expected, once this got moved it died... I tried... I guess "hot deals" aren't really that important anyway, right?
L5K

Post by L5K »

I'm all for it so long as I can also post awesome Ebay auctions and other ridiculous things I find as well.Case in point, my Pink Velvet Astronaut Jesus Action Figure which I recently bought on Ebay.
03 GT, Abyss with tupperwareTo Do List: (will take a long time)Front/Rear swaybarsStrut tower barTint windowsReplace rear bumper cover (previous owner rear-ended)Replace upper front bumper cover (cracked)Replace VVTL-i engine cover (previous owner was Hercules)
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

It was a good idea. It is not easy to get things changed here on GV....believe me, I've tried. It is due to the higher-up's lack of time, lack of motivation & software limitations. That's just the way it is. Maybe someone should start another Vibe site that can be customized..like someone did for the Matrix folks just last week....we can call it "The Vibe Garage" or "VibeOwners"...lol. Then migrate everything over to that site over time. It is the only way that we will get the changes we want done. Same thing would need to be done if the owners of this site wanted to upgrade it. They would have to start over then migrate everything to the new site over time. It is what needs to be done.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
star_deceiver

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by star_deceiver »

Does anybody here have the Software, time, and motivation to do that?Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush » They would have to start over then migrate everything to the new site over time. It is what needs to be done.+1
L5K

Post by L5K »

I have the software, but not really the time.Plus I'm not too great with web stuff. I can make web pages that look awesome, but if they work properly is another story and I have no clue how to go about getting them online. Then you add in the forum and I'd be lost.I could do some stuff though if needed. Banners, pics, and even maybe some flash stuff although it's been a while since I've worked in flash.
03 GT, Abyss with tupperwareTo Do List: (will take a long time)Front/Rear swaybarsStrut tower barTint windowsReplace rear bumper cover (previous owner rear-ended)Replace upper front bumper cover (cracked)Replace VVTL-i engine cover (previous owner was Hercules)
bull77

Re: (L5K)

Post by bull77 »

i have lots of free time during the workday to lend a hand
Sputnik

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by Sputnik »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »Does anybody here have the Software, time, and motivation to do that? And not to mention that the Vibe won't be around for much longer.Anyway back to the ORIGINAL topic - sorry I missed it. I got a new laptop and only just imported my bookmarks and got it setup tonight. I think its a good idea. I also like the idea of the 7 day shelf life. But like Kari said, we can't create new forum areas. That's Nick.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

If this site ran on vBulletin rather than ZeroForum, I bet it would be easier.. I've never understood WHY we run on ZeroForum, when 99% of forums run on vBulletin.. (all of the ones I frequents, besides this one, in fact..)BTW, my Hot Deals thread on my other site is up to 3 pages, and I posted it the same day as I posted this idea... lol... EDIT: my hot deals thread on my other site is limited to Car Audio ATM.. it may catch on and move to other sections as well.. People are soaking up the Hot Deals.. while you all are left out... Sorry.... It doesn't have to be a "section" It "could" be as little as "stickied" threads.. maybe in the sale section.. ??
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

Quote, originally posted by Sublimewind »It "could" be as little as "stickied" threads.. maybe in the sale section.. ??I was going to suggest something like that. that way it's at the top in the F/S section only problem is when the deals are done you need to remember to delete the post... I don't want to have to sift thru 4 pages of old posts that are no longer valid for something that is... and no comments from others in that thread... if they are going to report some awesome service they got or something based on that product then they should start a new thread with a link to the hot deals that says this was awesome and wanted you to be aware of it too....just my 1 1/2 cents
star_deceiver

Re: (Kamikaze)

Post by star_deceiver »

That's why a section would be better, you could delete and entire thread that's older then 7 days, weather the item is sold or not!
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

7 days would work for some things, but others last longer... Like Monoprice, always a good deal on cables.. I've gotten 6 HDMI cables from them now, not one costing mote then 5$...
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Just bumping this as I still think there should be a "HOT DEALS" Subsection of the FOR SALE section.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
jasony0423

Post by jasony0423 »

agreed.
DressedInBlack

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by DressedInBlack »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Just bumping this as I still think there should be a "HOT DEALS" Subsection of the FOR SALE section.doin the same.
http://
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

glad to see the idea went nowhere.. yay...
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Let me re-iterate... yayThe "Hot Deals" thread I got stickied on my other forum (car audio only) is up to 17 pages and it was started.. 07-28-2009We don't need a program, we don't need a bunch of time, we simply need a few different stickied threads with proper titles.. simple.. Top of the for sale section.. however many stickies needed1) Home wares2) Tools3) Car/home audio.....ect.... NO ebay or craigslist adds ALLOWED..!!!! (not here to sell peoples junk or personal gain)IF people wanted Fleabay and CL adds, another sticky could be made for them... I know some CRAZY deals can be found on BOTH sites, but it's a conflict of interest with someone is posting a "hot deal" that happens to be THEIR DEAL... that's what we have a inside sales section for..