ADMINISTRATOR: GenVibe Gallery & Registry are still not working???

Let us know of any problems, suggestions, or questions you have about the GenVibe Website and Forums
BlueCrush

ADMINISTRATOR: GenVibe Gallery & Registry are still not working???

Post by BlueCrush »

Hey Nick,We can't see any pics from past Meets or VOTM winners, we won't be able to add or see and pics in the Present or Future either??? I have a bunch of pics in the gallery I was wanting to download to my computer since I lost everything over a year ago when my hard drive died. Cole is trying to get past VOTM winners to send in their pics and info. The pics won't get posted if there is no gallery. Got any info for us? Also, the Registry is still not working...Thanks! PS- I also sent you an e-mail.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
kevera

Re: ADMINISTRATOR: GenVibe Gallery & Registry are still not working??? (BlueCrush)

Post by kevera »

Hey since we're at it.Can anyone het ahold of Mike(mkowdley) he's a sysadmin.He had a few "Vibe" T-shirts left and I would like 1.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
BlueCrush

Re: ADMINISTRATOR: GenVibe Gallery & Registry are still not working??? (kevera)

Post by BlueCrush »

My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
BlueCrush

Re: ADMINISTRATOR: GenVibe Gallery & Registry are still not working??? (BlueCrush)

Post by BlueCrush »

Not that I care, but ScionZone.com is not working either. I only say this because it is/was hosted by the same company, right?
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

I actually talked to nick about the gallery problem a week or two ago. I wanted to get a picture from there...He is very much aware of the problem and has been working diligently to fix it. Unfortunately, he has yet to find the solution to whatever the problem is.Don't fear though, the "gods" are aware and are working hard to fix it! And brian, you are correct, scionzone is owned by the same company. I don't know if their gallery is hosted on the same server as ours, or maybe it's just a DNS issue? Who knows! Not I!
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
BlueCrush

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »I actually talked to nick about the gallery problem a week or two ago. I wanted to get a picture from there...He is very much aware of the problem and has been working diligently to fix it. Unfortunately, he has yet to find the solution to whatever the problem is.Don't fear though, the "gods" are aware and are working hard to fix it! Good to hear, Mike. Thanks!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: ADMINISTRATOR: GenVibe Gallery & Registry are still not working??? (kevera)

Post by NSimkins »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »We can't see any pics from past Meets or VOTM winners, we won't be able to add or see and pics in the Present or Future either??? I have a bunch of pics in the gallery I was wanting to download to my computer since I lost everything over a year ago when my hard drive died. Cole is trying to get past VOTM winners to send in their pics and info. The pics won't get posted if there is no gallery. Got any info for us? Also, the Registry is still not working...Thanks for the post. I'm quite aware of the issues as of late but either the web hosting was moved to another server or things are just "falling apart"... I haven't received any feedback yet after a few days of e-mailing my remaining contact. I am trying, trust me!I probably have 90% of the images from the Gallery backed up but will try to see what I can do to either get it back online or transitioned to another format. The Registry, however, I have a feeling that may be gone for good. Ultimately, saving as much data from the Forums before anything does happen would be my goal as the majority of useful information here is stored within the Forums.Quote, originally posted by kevera »Can anyone het ahold of Mike(mkowdley) he's a sysadmin.He had a few "Vibe" T-shirts left and I would like 1. Mike Kowdley is no longer affiliated with the parent company of GenVibe.
BlueCrush

Re: ADMINISTRATOR: GenVibe Gallery & Registry are still not working??? (NSimkins)

Post by BlueCrush »

Thanks, Nick. Good to hear you are backing things up to preserve the past for GenVibe's future.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

Posted some updates here, but decided to continue in the "official" thread.1. The Gallery is back up and working.2. The Registry is still pending and is currently down.3. GenVibe (and ScionZone) have changed ownership entirely. Migration of both sites (including Forums, Gallery, data, etc.) is currently in progress, as you may have noticed, and will be finalized over the upcoming weeks. I would expect downtime to occur while data is moved. I will try to relay any sort of scheduled downtime information if possible.I would not expect any big changes to the site until all the moves have completed and testing to ensure 100% functionality is achieved.My genvibe.com e-mail is currently unavailable (and has been for a few weeks) so please direct any questions to the active e-mail address listed in my Profile in the meantime.Thanks for your patience, and expect more news to follow soon.
BlueCrush

Re: (NSimkins)

Post by BlueCrush »

YAY! The gallery is back!!! Thanks, Nick.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
NascarXprt

Re: (NSimkins)

Post by NascarXprt »

its great news Nick just lets us know if you would like any help at all with anything
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
mkowdley
Site Admin

Re: (NascarXprt)

Post by mkowdley »

All,Genvibe.com is making a transition to a new owner and so there may be a few interruptions in service as we get things transferred to the new datacenter.The www and gallery is currently running on temporary hardware, the forum is on the old hardware, and the registry and email apparently are not running at all. I'm going to get Nick's email and the registry restored this week as best I can.The new hardware should be going into service around March 1st, at which time we'll be migrating www, gallery, and registry onto it. The forum software is still an open issue since the zeroforum software is no longer available in the format we currently use, and it may not be possible to transfer our existing software onto new hardware. I loathe having to build a converter to move from ZeroForum to something else (vBulletin or phpBB) but we may not have an option at this point; a site license for zeroforum is prohibitively expensive. For the curious, the scionzone.com site will also be moving to that same hardware, although it's currently a lower priority that GenVibe.I'll do my best to keep Nick updated with the current progress and he'll do his best to keep me alerted of issues brought up by the community that need to be resolved. Thanks for your patience!Mike K.
BlueCrush

Re: (mkowdley)

Post by BlueCrush »

Thanks for the update, Mike.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
NascarXprt

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by NascarXprt »

yes thank you very much mike!
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
mkowdley
Site Admin

Re: (mkowdley)

Post by mkowdley »

It's been quite some time (three years) since I've worked with the GVC Registry but I think it is up and running correctly now on the temporary server. Please let Nick or me know if you notice any issues.Mike K.