genvibe.com due for an overhaul...

Let us know of any problems, suggestions, or questions you have about the GenVibe Website and Forums
gr8vibe

genvibe.com due for an overhaul...

Post by gr8vibe »

anyone else agree? the same ol same ol gray has GOT TO GO! out with the old, in with the new. somethin like MO.com, more icons and clickables! less boring like number vibes sold, and more fun like homepage polls and vibe ringtones or SOMETHING!
2009 Honda CR-V EX Alabaster Silver------------------------------------------AIM- iRichard360------------------------------------------myspace- myspace.com/richard05
goochsmooch

Re: genvibe.com due for an overhaul... (gr8vibe)

Post by goochsmooch »

I totally agree. It seems like all the feature sections of this site stopped getting updated in 2005. The forums are the only thing on this site that indicates the site is current. The rest is dated.
2009 1.8L Vibe - Manual
02csnow

Post by 02csnow »

Sorry to say, never gonna happen. It has been talked about over and over again, but nothing ever gets done.Get use to it.
Bye Bye Vibe.............
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

A lot of people have been asking for a change for a couple years now. We have been told that change is coming for a couple years now. All there has been is a rearranging of the forums and a Motorsports forum added. I gave up asking about it. GenVibe is corporate run and as long as it stays corporate run it will never change. Period! Sorry, but you're just going to have to live with the way it is now.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
gr8vibe

Post by gr8vibe »

eww corporate run? i didnt know that. i say we branch out and create our OWN forums, that we can all share and update equally. i smell a mutiny...forum members shouldnt be afraid of thier owners, owners should be afraid of thier forum members
2009 Honda CR-V EX Alabaster Silver------------------------------------------AIM- iRichard360------------------------------------------myspace- myspace.com/richard05
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Can of Worms- At this point, best thing is for everyone not to say anything and let it go.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
808 Vibes

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by 808 Vibes »

I vote for more smilies!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: genvibe.com due for an overhaul... (BlueCrush)

Post by NSimkins »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »GenVibe is corporate run and as long as it stays corporate run it will never change. Actually not so much corporate anymore, as of late. GVC currently is sorta just floating around out there waiting for something to happen, one way or another. As of right now, things will be as they have been (in regards to updates), as a few of us await the ultimate fate. This could be either positive or negative... all I can say is we are trying to keep it on the positive side!
kunkstyle

Re: genvibe.com due for an overhaul... (NSimkins)

Post by kunkstyle »

Quote, originally posted by gr8vibe »vibe ringtonesI says pardon?
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
keithvibe

Re: genvibe.com due for an overhaul... (NSimkins)

Post by keithvibe »

they should just sell off the domain name and let someone who would care about the site run it then. Because it's apparent that the lack of updates will ultimately be the demise of this site. Going down thecan you say
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Kari

Re: genvibe.com due for an overhaul... (keithvibe)

Post by Kari »

Personally, I think the forum is the "meat" of GenVibe.com, not the content on the main page. I don't think anything would be lost by eliminating the other content altogether and redirecting the main page to the forums, but that's just me.So therefore, I don't really see the lack of updates as a problem...personally I never even look at it; I have the forum page bookmarked. So I wonder how many others actually look at it as well. I'd venture to say a lot of us have the forum page bookmarked.
GenVibe Global Moderator
joatmon

Re: genvibe.com due for an overhaul...

Post by joatmon »

I don't know what the issues are, why non-forum content is so old, I never look at the non-forum pages because they are embarrassingly out of date. get rid of them, just have the forum. Or make the wiki the front page and put all the haters to work making the glorious content they want.
ColonelPanic

Re: genvibe.com due for an overhaul...

Post by ColonelPanic »

I haven't looked at the front page in years. I just type forums.genvibe.com in the address box and go there!
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
808 Vibes

Re: genvibe.com due for an overhaul... (kunkstyle)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by kunkstyle »I says pardon?It's available! Search engines says so...right next to the "Find Vibe Maps on google", and "Find classmates from Vibe High"! LOL
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
ragingfish

Re: genvibe.com due for an overhaul... (Kari)

Post by ragingfish »

Quote, originally posted by Kari »Personally, I think the forum is the "meat" of GenVibe.com, not the content on the main page. I don't think anything would be lost by eliminating the other content altogether and redirecting the main page to the forums, but that's just me.So therefore, I don't really see the lack of updates as a problem...personally I never even look at it; I have the forum page bookmarked. So I wonder how many others actually look at it as well. I'd venture to say a lot of us have the forum page bookmarked. On the G6 forum I frequent, the forum is pretty much all there is. There is a portal page but everyone bypasses it.The reality is anything that could or would be covered on the front page is covered somewhere in the content of the forums. To keep the front page updated would be more or less redundant, and not worth the time it woudl take to do. IMHO at least.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

I don't think this has so much to do with current members as it does future members. If they go to the front page and see it is so far out of date, they may think the site is dead and decide not to even try it out. Just my $0.02!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
tribalman

Re: (damronjr)

Post by tribalman »

there is a front page? i thought it was http://forums.genvibe.com/zeromain xD. as for vibe ring tone.. hm... a ringer of the engine revving. i might use that.
None. Vibe is gone.
wildangel5

Re: (damronjr)

Post by wildangel5 »

As someone who did just join - I agree! When I saw the out of date stuff on many of the pages I almost left.
blackphoenix

Post by blackphoenix »

I say we change the forum/host software to vBulletin. On another forum I visit, that is what they use and it is highly customizable, easy to use, and looks great. Maybe that would be incentive enough for the moderators to update the site on a regular basis.Anybody can google the Pontiac Vibe and get all the info they want, so the Guide section is virtually pointless. It's still lists info for the 2003 model, for crying out loud! Either update it or ditch it. I must say, this site needs an overhaul like a junkie needs a fix. Let's get 'r done people!
"Just because you could, doesn't mean you should."__________________________________________________________________BRING BACK PONTIAC!!!1993 Bonneville SSE (RIP)1999 Montana (RIP)2001 Grand Am GT (traded in)2009 Vibe AWD (RIP)2010 Vibe GT
keithvibe

Re: (blackphoenix)

Post by keithvibe »

not this again... it's pointless to ask for change
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
ColonelPanic

Re: (blackphoenix)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by blackphoenix »I say we change the forum/host software to vBulletin. You get right on that, write a conversion utility that will take the ZeroForum database and move that into vBulletin so that all of the old posts are preserved. Otherwise it's going to be starting from scratch and so much good information will be lost forever.Not quite as easy as you guys think to just up and switch to something else.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
ArcsVibe

Re: (ColonelPanic)

Post by ArcsVibe »

We have another thread about this as well. I will lock this one and you can continue to discuss on the other one:http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=29794Thanks!To quote my good friend Millster LOCKED
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)