Who thinks this Site needs to be updated??? - Poll Inside - GenVibe Member's Speak Up!

Let us know of any problems, suggestions, or questions you have about the GenVibe Website and Forums
BlueCrush

Who thinks this Site needs to be updated??? - Poll Inside - GenVibe Member's Speak Up!

Post by BlueCrush »

When is the site going to be updated??The home page was last updated on 4/1/07.The VOTM Pic on the home page was last updated on 6/06!!!!!!!I know the VOTM Gallery has been updated a little , but why not change the home page pic to reflect the new winners?? Does it take up that much time to do??? You all say there are updates coming, yet nothing has changed. And don't say, "All in due time". Cause we are tired of hearing that! At the very least, update the home page. It can't take up that much time, really! If I knew more about web design I would offer to help make the changes myself.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

Yeah! It needs to be updated! Oh wait, that's my job. I should have some more free time after this week is over. I'll get some things updated next week.
BlueCrush

Re: Who thinks this Site needs to be updated??? - Poll Inside - GenVib ... (BlueCrush)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by NSimkins »Yeah! It needs to be updated! Oh wait, that's my job. I should have some more free time after this week is over. I'll get some things updated next week.Sure ya will! Haven't heard that one before. lol. Alright, who's the clown that voted for not updating the site!!!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
GrayFox

Re: Who thinks this Site needs to be updated??? - Poll Inside - GenVib ... (BlueCrush)

Post by GrayFox »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Alright, who's the clown that voted for not updating the site!!! not me!I'd love to finnaly see some updates
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

There's a home page? I bookmarked the forums, probably haven't looked at the home page since before it was last updated, so I didn't vote
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

It kills me every time I see that old VOTM picture.
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Alright, who's the clown that voted for not updating the site!!! It was ME!!! no... not really... ANYWHO... I think a small article with pics about the 2009 Vibe would be nice weather it be EastBayStint's or the mule shots, come on, Chears and Gears even had it ontheir Home Page, no wonder they were give credit by everyone else.
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Alright, who's the clown that voted for not updating the site!!! Guilty!
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
BlueCrush

Re: Who thinks this Site needs to be updated??? - Poll Inside - GenVib ... (K-NINE)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »Guilty! Bad Dog!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Toasted7

Re: Who thinks this Site needs to be updated??? - Poll Inside - GenVib ... (K-NINE)

Post by Toasted7 »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »Guilty! No treats for you buddy!!!
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
NascarXprt

Re: Who thinks this Site needs to be updated??? - Poll Inside - GenVib ... (Toasted7)

Post by NascarXprt »

yea this site is wwwaaaayyyyyy over due.Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »It was ME!!! no... not really... ANYWHO... I think a small article with pics about the 2009 Vibe would be nice weather it be EastBayStint's or the mule shots, come on, Chears and Gears even had it ontheir Home Page, no wonder they were give credit by everyone else.i agree with that
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
Sputnik

Re: Who thinks this Site needs to be updated??? - Poll Inside - GenVib ... (NascarXprt)

Post by Sputnik »

There's more to this site than the forums?? Like joatmon I bookmarked the Active Topics page in the forum and just go from there.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

There's more than one person that doesn't want changes!?!?
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

i think this topic has been discussed numerous times. it is in much need of updating! i know the forums are a big part of it, however, like myself, i'm sure other people have found this site doing a search for vibe sites. and there are many people who don't care for forums or feel intimidated by them.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

personally, i've always been in favor of 86'ing the main page and just putting an auto-redirect to the forums so that going to genvibe.com dumps you into the forums. We've had issues as far back as I can remember maintaining the other parts of the site. Seems like the majority of the info covered in other areas of the site could just as easily be conveyed in a thread. just MHO
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
tnpartsguy

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by tnpartsguy »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »personally, i've always been in favor of 86'ing the main page and just putting an auto-redirect to the forums so that going to genvibe.com dumps you into the forums. We've had issues as far back as I can remember maintaining the other parts of the site. Seems like the majority of the info covered in other areas of the site could just as easily be conveyed in a thread. just MHOI 2nd that emotion! Maybe the front page should have simple pics of the Gen 1, gen 1.5 and the new Gen 2 Vibe, and maybe a simple welcome, then one button to enter the Forums, and maybe an updated registry (another button).
Current Ride 2015 GMC Terrain SLT
2nd Vibe 2006 Vibe AWD Stealth Monotone "Recon" December 2005 MOTM
Original Vibe: 2003 AWD Abyss Monotone "Darth"
GM/ASE Certified Parts Manager.
VIBEwithanO

Post by VIBEwithanO »

I'd probably look at the home page if it was updated, rather than just linking straight to the forums. But, 86ing the main page might prevent this from becoming a future issue. Do what you will, as long as it's something.
2006 Stealth AWDInterior Trim PaintBillet GrillFog Covers (MVTG)Rims & Tires (coming soon!)
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »When is the site going to be updated??There is a link on the home page about updates in progress, but the link takes you to something dated August 05
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

i think it should definitly be updated..the VOTM section is going back to early 2006..and we're almost done 2007 now...i think once a month is good..post up the VOTM and MOTM then do the same thing the next month..seems like a 6 month update instead..aswell as the galleries..all the shows are 2006 and 2005
waveresponder

Post by waveresponder »

i think this site does need to be updated...the VOTM's especially...lol..and the home page of course......how many administrators are there on Genvibe?...maybe its time to appoint some more..or pass the job on...IMO
lorrielk

Post by lorrielk »

It would be nice to see it updated, but lets not forget that we get all this advice and quality time together for FREE ... I for one, am extremly grateful!
KNINE

Re: Who thinks this Site needs to be updated??? - Poll Inside - GenVib ... (lorrielk)

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by lorrielk »It would be nice to see it updated, but lets not forget that we get all this advice and quality time together for FREE ... I for one, am extremly grateful! That made me feel all warm and fuzzy.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

there is alot more on the front page that need to be updated, like the VOTM photo with write ups from each winner, MOTM winners, updated topics, and just about everything else on the homepage besides the top banner.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
Jadis

Post by Jadis »

i'm all for updates! I lurk and read more than posting ---have been lurking here since spring 07. The only thing that really annoys me is clicking on a thread to read and it opens in a new window. Is there a way to stop this? I can't seem to find it if there is.
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

If you use the Active Topics link it does that. The only way I've found to get around it is to click on the username in the date column. That link takes you to the last post in the same window oh, and to stay on topic... WE WANT UPDATES!!!
mkowdley
Site Admin

Re: (GrayFox)

Post by mkowdley »

For now, as mentioned in another thread, I've redirected http://www.genvibe.com to the forum homepage. Forums are really the meat of this site, so let's send people directly there.