Bad rear brake line?

Handling, suspension, and brake tuning discussions
DopeVibeGT

Bad rear brake line?

Post by DopeVibeGT »

I replaced the rear calipers a little over a year ago. My rear drivers side seems to be dragging. I dont think it the caliper, since if I open the bleeder valve, the caliper piston pushes in. If I dont, the piston goes no where when trying to compress it. I've read about the inside of the hoses collapsing and acting like a check valve, not letting the fluid go back up toward the reservoir. Thoughts?
Pictures of my ride!!'03 Vibe GTMy AED GA!Work in progress
vibrologist

Re: Bad rear brake line?

Post by vibrologist »

inside of the hoses collapsing and acting like a check valve
That was my very first thought.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
jolt

Post by jolt »

Well, the rubber hose for the brake line would be the cheapest thing to try first. At the other end of the cost spectrum is the anti-lock brake controller has a sticking valve in it. Be sure to flush the system with new clean brake fluid when you replace the hose, that way the controller may free up and not hold back pressure on that line if that is the cause. If the new hose and fluid flush does not help then look at the anti-lock controller as a possible cause.
DopeVibeGT

Post by DopeVibeGT »

Ok, anyone know what size flare nut wrench to use on the flare nut to the rubber hose?
DopeVibeGT

Post by DopeVibeGT »

Ok, turned out to be the caliper. I took the hose off and tried to compress the piston and it didnt move easily. It's covered under warranty, so Im happy. Just have to buy new pads and mostly likely a rotor.