Where to find performace Sway bars.

Handling, suspension, and brake tuning discussions
bobfell13

Where to find performace Sway bars.

Post by bobfell13 »

Hello,
I have a 2004 Vibe GT and I'd like to get a little more perfomance out of it in high speed corners. It's my every day driver but I would appreciate a bit more handling. The car just rolled over 100k miles, but rot is starting to become an issue and I just finished up school so I'm not really trying to dump a bunch of money into it. I've spent a few hours reading posts and doing research and it seems like the best way to get this perfomance is from heavier swaybars. Hotchkis no longer makes them, and the only other thing I can find is TRD, which comes to about $330. Can someone shine some light on possibly a cheaper way to do this or to find ones that are not TRD.
Thanks for the help!
bobfell13

Re: Where to find performace Sway bars.

Post by bobfell13 »

By the way this is where I found the other sway bar kit. https://wholesaleparts.teamtoyotaohio.c ... php?p=cart
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

Says your shopping cart is empty.

I currently run a rear Progress anti-sway bar. You can still find them for the Matrix/Vibe and they occasionally come up for sale here and related forums. Brand new they're generally between $100-150, shipped. Will clean up quite a bit of that understeer. It was actually the first mod I performed after replacing the OE shocks with Tokico HP blues. I run a Tein S green spring - great for daily driver but a bit soft for track use.

GL and keep us updated. :)
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
bobfell13

Post by bobfell13 »

Would it cause issues to only replace the rear? I was doing some reading and apparently you should try to balance both anti roll bars. How did yours handle that way?
I would love to just stick with the rear because as far as I understand you have to pull the whole k frame off the front to get to it.
bobfell13

Post by bobfell13 »

Wow! There's been pages and pages on this site on the progress sway bar. I just had to know what to search. I just bought one for 140. I'll let you know how she rides when i get it
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

I like just having the rear sway. Very balanced, now. Be sure to torque that bar in correctly. Zero issues, zero regrets since installing mine. I am a bit upset it was supposed to be the harder to find 24mm and the one I was sent was the 22mm. Place has since gone out of business. Fk "Cracked Up Racing". :evil: What a pos establishment.

Anyway.... You'll enjoy the bar. So simple an install, too.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
bobfell13

Post by bobfell13 »

Bought the bar from Tuner sports. 24mm bar for $140. Very happy with the results. You can definitely tell it's still a station wagon but the rear end is much tighter. Makes it more comfortable on the highway. Thanks everyone for the help!