Pro-Kit, rear sway bar, & strut bar

Handling, suspension, and brake tuning discussions
Sinusoidal

Pro-Kit, rear sway bar, & strut bar

Post by Sinusoidal »

I am new to this forum so I apologize if I am duplicating a question.

I have a 2006 Vibe with 170k. I want to replace the struts and potentially the springs. I'd like to know how much of a difference the rear sway bar makes. I would also like to know how much stiffer the Pro-Kit springs are compared to stock. My car is daily driver and I want to improve handling but I am not horribly disappointed now (just a little). I have upgraded the wheels to 17" and the ride quality change is noticeable on sharp bumps in the road but I am very satisfied with the change.

I would also like to install a front strut bar. Do you notice stiffness with this mod?

Thanks!
thebarber

Re: Pro-Kit, rear sway bar, & strut bar

Post by thebarber »

I'd skip the front strut and rear sway unless you really push the car....the rear bar will make the tail come around better

Prokits are great for any car and won't beat you up as they have progressive rates
Sinusoidal

Post by Sinusoidal »

I wouldn't mind if the car rotated a little better but I do not want it unstable. I used to race competition SCCA (not solo) and I enjoy a decent handling car but I don't need a race car on the street. So is the rear away bar that noticeable?
Last edited by Sinusoidal on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

It'll help
treesleavedents

Post by treesleavedents »

Pro-kits are a phenomenal way to keep your vibe a comfortable street car and improve the handling massively at the same time. I love mine. They lower the car just enough that I don't have to worry about clearance unless I'm out camping on a really rocky dirt road, but it still looks much more aggressive and the wheel wells are filled out nicely.
2003 Vibe GT. PPE exhaust. Injen CAI. Mfactory LSD. Eibach springs. Corbeau GTS2 seats. Custom stereo, lighting, sound deadening, and upholstery. http://forums.genvibe.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 30&t=44330
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

treesleavedents wrote:Pro-kits are a phenomenal way to keep your vibe a comfortable street car and improve the handling massively at the same time. I love mine. They lower the car just enough that I don't have to worry about clearance unless I'm out camping on a really rocky dirt road, but it still looks much more aggressive and the wheel wells are filled out nicely.
I'm -2" on coilovers and still have lots of clearance

Had eibach sportlines on my last GT.... Again, no issues, really
Sinusoidal

Post by Sinusoidal »

Thanks! I'd love to do coil-overs but they are $$!