Suspension Q

Handling, suspension, and brake tuning discussions
DavidPIL

Suspension Q

Post by DavidPIL »

Hello everyone...

I'm just writing to get some verification that the Energy Suspension parts number of 8.5128(G or R) for the Matrix XRS is the same for the Vibe GT. I know that the suspension parts are generally interchangeable but I did run unto slight problems with other parts (rear brake rotors) that weren't exactly the same.

Since I don't have a car lift, and being that the underbody has to be lowered to get to these bushings, I'm letting a local car place do that work for me but they couldn't locate anything but an OEM rubber bushing but I want to stiffen things up a bit. (New struts and springs coming this Summer).

Also, since I'm going to have a friend help me with the struts and springs... Is there anything in addition to the Mounts, Boots, Bump Stops, Springs, and Struts that we would need to complete the work?

Thanks in advance for the input!

Dave
tabaker0214

Re: Suspension Q

Post by tabaker0214 »

If you are looking for a simple quick strut setup get the Monroe Quick struts. They come with everything pre assembled. All you have to do is unbolt a few bolts take off the old setup and put the new ones in. I just did mine this week in the rear and the front will be done next week. Just check out my post about the monroe quick struts for front and rear.
DavidPIL

Re: Suspension Q

Post by DavidPIL »

Thanks for responding!

Yeah, I've been eying those but I think I'm gonna go for lowering spring and I can't find those in a Quick-Strut type setup. KYB had something on their website like that as well though I'm sure a bit more expensive.

My Vibe is about to celebrate it's 11th birthday and will pass up 240,000 by the end of Summer. I'm still on the original struts with very little degradation. It's just becoming very clunky over the slightest of bumps so the bushings first then springs and struts. If my budget shrinks too much those Monroe Quick-Struts will be a very economical alternative.

Thanks again!