Need Strut help

Handling, suspension, and brake tuning discussions
Digglesworth

Need Strut help

Post by Digglesworth »

so im in the market for new shocks and struts. I havent seen any aftermarket options out there for the 09-10 GTs.... probably just gonna throw some stock KYBs back in.... is there a difference in the AWD struts vs the FWD ones. i found a site that has all 4 corners for $200 and free shipping. as i read it, the 2.4l FWD and AWD front struts are the same. the 2.4l AWD and 2.4l FWD rear shocks are different however.... i just wanna make sure they didnt do anything different and use the AWD struts for the GTs.... ive found parts for the GT that were only listed for the AWD vibes (ie: rear sway bar links)... has anyone replaced their shocks/struts in their 09-10 GTs and could steer me in the right direction.......? itd be greatly appreciated...
2009 Vibe GT
Magnaflow cat-back - K&N Typhoon SRI - Tein S Techs - NGK iX's
5400k Xenons - Shorty Antenna - Curt 1.25" hitch
vibedrivermatt

Re: Need Strut help

Post by vibedrivermatt »

I have the TRD springs installed on my base (non GT) 2.4 and the ride has gotten really harsh lately.

I only have about 32,000 miles on my car. Im not sure whether to go back to the stock springs or replace the shocks or both. I just had a kid recently. He's about a month old. :D Im seriously considering going back to stock springs because I dont want him to get all jostled around when he has to ride in the vibe.

I already bought some replacment KYB struts because I thought that somehow I blew out my oem ones in a very short time. The guys at the parts store seemed to think this was ludicruos when I told them my milage. I got the parts online but messed up and ordered KYB front struts for a 1.8 instead of 2.4 doh! I have to sell those front struts now or something. If you order them yourself make sure your getting the right ones. I think the GT would actually use the same rear springs as the awd.. but im not eniterly sure. other than that im not sure about any fancy after market struts for our 09 + vibes.