Post by Digglesworth »

2009 Vibe GT
Magnaflow cat-back - K&N Typhoon SRI - Tein S Techs - NGK iX's
5400k Xenons - Shorty Antenna - Curt 1.25" hitch
Kincaid

Re: 09 vibe gt on s-techs

Post by Kincaid »

Looks flippin' awesome!
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
Digglesworth

Post by Digglesworth »

Thanks. I'm real happy with the way it turned out...
2009 Vibe GT
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Looks really good! With how the GT rides from the factory though, I can't even imagine driving with it that low :|.

I saw on Matrix Owners that you're from Illinois. Where at in Illinois?

Oh, could you please post a picture of the rear end of your Vibe? I'm curious to see what the Magnaflow cat back exhaust tip looks like with the GT rear. Thanks ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Digglesworth

Post by Digglesworth »

I'll try and get a pic and post it over the weekend. It's crappy and rainy today. Supposed to be nicer this weekend... I'm from the Illinois side of st. louis..... About 20min away. IMO the vibe doesn't really ride that bad on the springs. It's definitely not like the jeep I used to have. With the ground effects and the 18s of the GT, you gotta use a little caution at times. With it lowered, you just gotta use a little more caution. ;) i dunno what the little flaps in front of the front wheels are for but they will most likely be removed shortly. I have a clamp for the magnaflow that has a bolt sticking straight down 2 or 3 inches. Gonna turn that so its up outta the way. And the u-bolt that mounts the cat back to the stock exhaust has a lot of extra thread hanging down. Im gonna take the grinder to the excess a shorten them up about 2-3 inches. Other than that, there's nothing else that really hangs down from the bottom of the car.
2009 Vibe GT
Digglesworth

Post by Digglesworth »

2009 Vibe GT
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Digglesworth wrote:I'll try and get a pic and post it over the weekend. It's crappy and rainy today. Supposed to be nicer this weekend... I'm from the Illinois side of st. louis..... About 20min away. IMO the vibe doesn't really ride that bad on the springs. It's definitely not like the jeep I used to have. With the ground effects and the 18s of the GT, you gotta use a little caution at times. With it lowered, you just gotta use a little more caution. ;) i dunno what the little flaps in front of the front wheels are for but they will most likely be removed shortly. I have a clamp for the magnaflow that has a bolt sticking straight down 2 or 3 inches. Gonna turn that so its up outta the way. And the u-bolt that mounts the cat back to the stock exhaust has a lot of extra thread hanging down. Im gonna take the grinder to the excess a shorten them up about 2-3 inches. Other than that, there's nothing else that really hangs down from the bottom of the car.

Darn, I was hoping you were closer to the Chicagoland area :(.

My previous two vehicles before the Vibe (2002 Pontiac Sunfire GT Coupe & 2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE Sedan) were both lowered and I just grew tired of having to be so cautious. I mean, I am still very cautious in the Vibe because of the skinny tires and because that's just how I drive, but having a lowered vehicle made me super paranoid about having too many people in the vehicle, carrying too much weight, etc. for fear of bottoming out. I like that I can have three other people and a bunch of cargo in the Vibe and not have to worry about ground clearance or anything. I also don't have to worry about hitting roadkill with my catalytic converter like I did with the Sunfires :lol:.

Thanks for the picture. The muffler tip looks really good on the GT rear end! Don't mean to be a PITA, but could you get one more picture looking straight at the rear end? Thanks again!
Digglesworth

Post by Digglesworth »

Ill try and get one. The lighting was bad when I took this pic. I tried to get one straight on but the shadow from the bumper caused everything underneath to be so dark you couldn't see anything.

I'm about 4-5 hrs from chicago. I come up there every once in a while to jump at Skydive Chicago in Ottawa, IL...
2009 Vibe GT
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Digglesworth wrote:Ill try and get one. The lighting was bad when I took this pic. I tried to get one straight on but the shadow from the bumper caused everything underneath to be so dark you couldn't see anything.

I'm about 4-5 hrs from chicago. I come up there every once in a while to jump at Skydive Chicago in Ottawa, IL...
I totally understand about lighting. I have been trying to get some updated pictures of my headlights and fog lights at night and can't get a decent picture for the life of me. They all turn out blurry and crappy :(.

You mean Skydie Chicago :o!?! I'm less than an hour from Ottawa. Next time you head up here, you should let me know so we could meet up and do Vibe GT photoshoot ;)!
Digglesworth

Post by Digglesworth »

I take it you've never thrown yourself out of a perfectly good airplane???
2009 Vibe GT
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

Digglesworth - we have the same SS tip!

I got to get around to getting pics and setting up my garage here.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
Digglesworth

Post by Digglesworth »

That's what came on the magnaflow cat-back system. It's got the magnaflow emblem etched on the tip. Nice little detail... The system has disappointed me a little. When I first got it, it was throaty... Not raspy. I dunno if something has happened to the baffling or what but it has developed a raspy tone on heavy acceleration.
2009 Vibe GT
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Looks awesome!!! Nice to see what MY Vibe would look like if I ever decide to do such a mod! But in my case it will probably never happen. I just can't seem to find the time to get all my electronic mods completed let alone any suspension mods. Great job :D
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Digglesworth

Post by Digglesworth »

Thanks... The drop was a little more of a PITA than everyone leads on. The install wasn't bad. Its getting rid of some of the negative camber I got from the drop. I had a shop that said they'd install shims but once they had the car, said they wouldnt do it. I had a hard time finding a shop that would work on a lowered vehicle. The shop it's at now will install shims but the ones for a vibe only compensate 1 degree so I'll be just about 1/2 degree outta spec. We'll see how it turns out. I was told it wouldn't be an issue. I just don't wanna eat through tires.....
2009 Vibe GT
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Digglesworth wrote:I take it you've never thrown yourself out of a perfectly good airplane???
I've never even been on a plane.
Kincaid wrote:I got to get around to getting pics and setting up my garage here.
Yes you do. I'm very curious to see pictures of your Vibe!
Digglesworth wrote:That's what came on the magnaflow cat-back system. It's got the magnaflow emblem etched on the tip. Nice little detail... The system has disappointed me a little. When I first got it, it was throaty... Not raspy. I dunno if something has happened to the baffling or what but it has developed a raspy tone on heavy acceleration.
Hmmm... that kind of makes me think twice about getting it. I definitely don't want a raspy sound :(.
Digglesworth

Post by Digglesworth »

I read somewhere that it's a common problem with the magnaflow mufflers... Theyve sent out replacements as a warranty issue but I havent tried to bring that up with them. I dunno what kind of documentation they would require but I don't have any of the paperwork anymore.... I saw somewhere that someone welded all the joints thinking that was causing the rattle/raspiness and magnaflow wouldn't honor the warranty after that... The only other option would be to go custom and that would cost some serious $$$. I think I paid around $300 for mine so I deal with it.... I'm frankly gettin sick of trying to get shops to try and do anything custom. Most don't want anything to do with modified stuff or want to charge outrageous amounts because something is not a direct replacement.
2009 Vibe GT
jr026

Post by jr026 »

id like to see more pictures of this car!
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

I have Magnaflows on my Vibe and on a '97 Civic. Just muffler and tips on both, not any special exhaust. Neither had changed tone since installed - the Vibe almost four years now and the Civic has been 10 years. The Civic is a straight thru set up and it is burbly but borders on blatty. The Vibe is set up in stock configuration and the tone is pretty good but very hard to discern from inside the car and then you only hear a difference over the stock set up at higher revs under aggressive acceleration. Wish I had spent my money on the K & N SRI.

If Digglesworth comes back here to this thread, I do have a question. Any idea how long after the car was lowered that you took the above picture of your Vibe? Just curious because mine is on H-Techs and it has settled quite a bit over time to my eye. My Civic is lowered on Eibach springs and it still looks the same as right after the mod. Wondering if your car settled more over time because it looks really low in the picture.
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Love, love, love the drop on this thing

Brave going so low, but it looks like it paid off w/how wicked that stance is
Rayven01

Post by Rayven01 »

It does look sweet, but man I wouldn't want to drive something that low on the roads around here...

I did get a good laugh at the little trailer hitch four inches off the ground. Instantly pictured a tiny little trailer with 6 inch wheels, hehe! :lol:
Image  Image
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Rayven01 wrote:It does look sweet, but man I wouldn't want to drive something that low on the roads around here...

I did get a good laugh at the little trailer hitch four inches off the ground. Instantly pictured a tiny little trailer with 6 inch wheels, hehe! :lol:
It DOES look like something that would render some parking lots around here completely inescapable, but then again I've seen Civics (and--sit down for this one--a truck!) go lower.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
xp3085

Post by xp3085 »

Digglesworth wrote:Image
Looks killer- I'm new here. Been waiting on a confirmation if these will work for my 09 gt - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tein-03-08-PONT ... 7f&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know you have the S- techs but I don't want to go that low with mine.

Lemme know if you get a chance!

Thanks,
J
xp3085

Post by xp3085 »

The 03-08 H techs fit perfect! It hugs the road and even seems to glide (maybe mental ha!) Thanks for the help! Pics up soon.

J
izzy96

Post by izzy96 »

Hi I have a gt too.. So how did I get it so low.. Did you cut the lowering springs more than how they came or... Becouse I just wanted to drop mine an inch or two.. So what would you recommend me... This is my vibe byw

DutchClutch

Post by DutchClutch »

Yea nice grill bud...where did you get the grill from?