My turn to upgrade the suspension!

Handling, suspension, and brake tuning discussions
Wolfman213

My turn to upgrade the suspension!

Post by Wolfman213 »

Everyone else is doing it, so why right me lol. After 184,000 miles on the OE shocks, struts, springs, and mounts, I finally decided to upgrade. I went with the Tokico Blue's and Tein S.Tech. I've seen so many run that setup and be extremely happy with the results that I figured that's what I would try too. Grand total for the shocks/struts, springs, mounts, bellows, install, and alignment will be $1,110.01. I think that's a pretty decent price. Getting the instal done for $250 at a reputable local guy rather than the $400+ at every other place I called.

I'm kinda geeked! Can't wait!
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
mac99d

Re: My turn to upgrade the suspension!

Post by mac99d »

NIce! can't wait to see it.
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Awesome future mod David 8-) I take it that your undercarriage is not too badly rusted to where it shouldn't bee too much trouble removing the old? What a difference 20-30 years worth of engineering on the cars makes. When I restored old rusty GM F-body cars, they didn't even have 100k on the odometer and the rust was so bad that you couldn't remove half of the fasteners. Hopefully your Vibe is still fairly solid under there. Take before & after pics while the car is up on the lift if possible. Great to see a car with such high mileage still getting love & Attention from it's owner :P
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Digglesworth

Post by Digglesworth »

I got a set of s-techs for my 09 GT but I can't find any aftermarket shocks/struts for an 09.... I'll be doing the install this weekend...
2009 Vibe GT
Magnaflow cat-back - K&N Typhoon SRI - Tein S Techs - NGK iX's
5400k Xenons - Shorty Antenna - Curt 1.25" hitch