celica front swaybar???

Handling, suspension, and brake tuning discussions
Bad Vibe

celica front swaybar???

Post by Bad Vibe »

I came upon a free hotchkis front swaybar for a 7th gen (00) Celica GTSAny one know if theres a chance an this be made to fit my 03 Vibe GT?I read a post somewhere that celica rear sways fit awd ind. Rear susp no clue about front thoughIf not anyone have a celica and $60?
03 Vibe GT JDM MR-S 1ZZ-FED swapped w/C60 6 speed - Starting Part out! - 230k mi
90 Celica Alltrac Awd Turbo ST205 swap Red - sold... Buy more parts BC I'm Buying her back!
01 MR2 Spyder Vibe 2ZZ-GE w/ Jdm C65 LSD Trans swap -sold
06pvibe

Re: celica front swaybar??? (Bad Vibe)

Post by 06pvibe »

I wish I could answer your question, but I don't know for sure.Frankly, I usually worry more about upgrading the rear sway bar in any FWD car I have owned. That's what will help counteract the inherent understeer.In my Mazda3, for example, I have upgraded the rear bar from the OE 20mm bar twice while retaining the OE front bar. First to a 22mm adjustable bar set to full. And more recently to a 27mm Racing Beat solid bar. The car understeers so much less now and is more predictible.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
keithvibe

Re: celica front swaybar??? (Bad Vibe)

Post by keithvibe »

The rear sway from the celica doesn't fit the AWD vibe or matrix (03-08)The front should be a direct bolt up.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
mac99d

Re: celica front swaybar??? (keithvibe)

Post by mac99d »

Does it look like this.
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;