Odd hissing(?) sound when going over bumps

Handling, suspension, and brake tuning discussions
Chuck McKnight

Odd hissing(?) sound when going over bumps

Post by Chuck McKnight »

Since getting my car a few days ago, I've noticed that sometimes when I go over a bump, I hear a brief hissing sound. Or at least, that's the best sound I can use to describe it. Like a quick puff of air is being released. Could this be something with my suspension? It seems to be coming from the rear.The only other thing I can think of is that maybe the wheels are rubbing against something, and it's actually a scraping sound I'm hearing. It's hard to tell, because I have not been expecting to listen for it when it has happenned.Any ideas for me? Any chance this is a normal sound the Vibe makes?
My Twitter | My Facebook
VforVIBE

Re: Odd hissing(?) sound when going over bumps (Chuck McKnight)

Post by VforVIBE »

Welcome to GenVibe! It is normal to hear a hissing sound coming from your suspension when going over a bump, this is just the shock absorber being compressed/decompressed.
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
Chuck McKnight

Re: Odd hissing(?) sound when going over bumps (VforVIBE)

Post by Chuck McKnight »

Glad to hear it! Neither of my previous cars have done so audibly, so I wasn't sure. Thanks for setting my mind at ease!
My Twitter | My Facebook
VforVIBE

Re: Odd hissing(?) sound when going over bumps (Chuck McKnight)

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by Chuck McKnight »Glad to hear it! Neither of my previous cars have done so audibly, so I wasn't sure. Thanks for setting my mind at ease!My parents' Bonneville GXP's suspension was very noticeable, it was holding up a lot of weight lol.
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT