Front sway bar

Handling, suspension, and brake tuning discussions
Tonyk27

Front sway bar

Post by Tonyk27 »

I'm looking for a front sway bar for my car and found this. Will it fit? I already have a progress rear sway bar. I have a 05 Vibe.http://www.nextgentuning.com/U....html
vibedrivermatt

Re: Front sway bar (Tonyk27)

Post by vibedrivermatt »

That looks like it will fit but, I wouldnt bother. you've already got progress rear sway you should be good. There are a lot of other things you could do to improve hadling instead of going for that after market front sway bar. Ive just heard they wont do too much.
harryyiii

Re: Front sway bar (Tonyk27)

Post by harryyiii »

Don't do it. I have the progress bar and it mostly eliminated the stock understeer. A bigger front sway bar with the Progress bar will dial in more understeer. The progress bar balances the stock front bar very well. If you put in a new stiffer front bar, you will need a much stiffer rear bar than the Progress to avoid dreaded understeer. They should be a matched set. I don't think it is necessary,
A Psycho Martyr

Re: Front sway bar (harryyiii)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

interesting feedback...so how about if you got the Progress in the rear, but wanted a sway bar in the front for looks...What would fit the bill in that case?
KITT222

Re: Front sway bar (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by KITT222 »

Brandon, they're talking about sway bars I think. You're talking about a front tower strut bar.
Tonyk27

Post by Tonyk27 »

Sorry it took so long to reply. Thanks for the feedback guys I'll start looking in to lowering springs
mac99d

Re: (Tonyk27)

Post by mac99d »

I have a front and rear sway bar and I can tell you that it does not give it more over steer. Because the front is bigger than the rear in makes it very neutral. if I want with my set up I can leave the front dampening hard and I can have over steer, if I set them soft it will create under but very little to where you can let off the gas jerk the wheel a little and go back neutral. Reminder I don’t have stock springs and I have my own custom strut tower bar that I pre load. But this is just my two since.Front barRear
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;