the best strut bar on the market?

Handling, suspension, and brake tuning discussions
cp_stunna_2011

the best strut bar on the market?

Post by cp_stunna_2011 »

i believe waveresponder has his strut bar for sale, and so does O2csnow and i was wondering out of those strut bars and all the other ones wat is the best one to get for performance? even though it does very little i still want it.
Baby Blue
keithvibe

Re: the best strut bar on the market? (cp_stunna_2011)

Post by keithvibe »

imo DC strut bar
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
waveresponder

Post by waveresponder »

waveaction has his for sale not me lol uh oh I'm a God now LOL
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

imo a strutbar is a strut bar..it's all about personal apperance and the style you're going for..when i bought my TRD one off one of the other members here, i wanted a clean strut bar and was simple..nothing to fancy
L5K

Post by L5K »

I too like the DC Sports strut bar best.
03 GT, Abyss with tupperwareTo Do List: (will take a long time)Front/Rear swaybarsStrut tower barTint windowsReplace rear bumper cover (previous owner rear-ended)Replace upper front bumper cover (cracked)Replace VVTL-i engine cover (previous owner was Hercules)
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

DC..... There is a catch though, if you want THE best on the market, you have to spring for the ~400$ Titanium model... lol... http://www.directtuning.com/st....aspx
L5K

Post by L5K »

Screw that I'll just get some black iron pipe and weld up my own. I just need to figure out a way to bend it correctly...
03 GT, Abyss with tupperwareTo Do List: (will take a long time)Front/Rear swaybarsStrut tower barTint windowsReplace rear bumper cover (previous owner rear-ended)Replace upper front bumper cover (cracked)Replace VVTL-i engine cover (previous owner was Hercules)
Sublimewind

Re: (L5K)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by L5K »Screw that I'll just get some black iron pipe and weld up my own. I just need to figure out a way to bend it correctly...right, but he said he wanted THE BEST ON THE MARKET... lol.. blackpipe doesn't qualify..
waveresponder

Post by waveresponder »

the 4 point strut bar
L5K

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by L5K »

Quote, originally posted by Sublimewind »right, but he said he wanted THE BEST ON THE MARKET... lol.. blackpipe doesn't qualify.. Oh it could if I build it right. Quantity has a quality all it's own.
Sublimewind

Re: the best strut bar on the market? (waveresponder)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by waveresponder »the 4 point strut bar Not to be a Donny Downer, but that bar has nothing that the others don't... there is no actual triangulation to help stiffen anything, and with it attached to the flimsy rad support, it's really just in the way.. Cool concept though.. If it where triangulated to attach to the firewall, like that of the EVO bars, you'd be talkin business..
vibedrivermatt

Post by vibedrivermatt »

well here's my nomination, just installed it today! Its the TRD strut brace for the 09. I like it.
star_deceiver

Re: the best strut bar on the market? (vibedrivermatt)

Post by star_deceiver »

Very nice! Notice any diffrence?
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
vibedrivermatt

Re: the best strut bar on the market? (star_deceiver)

Post by vibedrivermatt »

definitely. front end is much stiffer during aggressive turning. Ive also noticed the car seems to track straighter than before especially at interstate speeds.