Spring question?

Handling, suspension, and brake tuning discussions
vibe Freak

Spring question?

Post by vibe Freak »

OK guys i know I have not been on this forum in a while, but I have a favor to ask? I need to know if any one knows the inner diameter of the bottom of the rear springs for the base vibe. I got some TRD spring from the dealer for the Matrix, and they do not slide all the way down on to the rear perch's. They were on cleaners for 135.00 out the door but all sales are final. So I need to modify these little bad boys. any help would be great. I am trying to avoid taking the rear suspension apart before knowing they will fit again. Thanks guys
RFP1 17x8 , AFE Cold Air Intake, Helix Power Tower Plus, Eibach Sportline Springs with Tokico Blues, Progress sway bar, Alutec OEM Sized Lightened Crank Pulley full custom Magnaflow 2.5 header back exhaust and B&M tranny cooler E/S inserts Unichip.
keithvibe

Re: Spring question? (vibe Freak)

Post by keithvibe »

thats odd are you sure they were for the matrix? maybe someone swapped the springs out of the box with another set from another car.They should slide right on the 2wd.got a photo of these springs, that you can post?
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
kevera

Re: Spring question? (keithvibe)

Post by kevera »

Are you sure they're not coilover springs.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
vibe Freak

Re: Spring question? (kevera)

Post by vibe Freak »

I will try to get a pic up of the springs but no promises. I am not that great with getting pictures up. 2ND they are not coil-overs for sure. It is only the very last turn off the spring that is off by like 1/32". Its just a little to tight to go all the way down to the perch. I went ahead and modified the springs I just want to make sure they will fight before i try to put them back on. How are you too donig?
RFP1 17x8 , AFE Cold Air Intake, Helix Power Tower Plus, Eibach Sportline Springs with Tokico Blues, Progress sway bar, Alutec OEM Sized Lightened Crank Pulley full custom Magnaflow 2.5 header back exhaust and B&M tranny cooler E/S inserts Unichip.
vibe Freak

Post by vibe Freak »

Right now I am rolling with the teins H techs in the back and the TRDs in the front. The ride and handling is great, but i don't want to roll like this if it is unsafe.
vibe Freak

Post by vibe Freak »

The dealer sold me the wrong sprigs!!! These springs are for a Celica not a matrix.
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

that shouldn't have mattered, other than a weaker spring rate. should have been the same.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
vibe Freak

Post by vibe Freak »

Well guys I will be going to be installing a set of Eibach Sportline Springs to day thanks to the the great deal I got off Craigslist on Monday. I think I will be much happier with these over the gangster lean I am rolling on now.
vibe Freak

Post by vibe Freak »

OK the Sportline springs are by fare the best riding and handling springs I have ever had on the car. They are awesome!!!! I have 16's on the car with 205-55-16 and KYB Struts. The struts have about 30,000 miles on them and were installed with the H tech Tein springs I was rolling on. I know I know I will try to get pic,s up soon.
vibe Freak

Post by vibe Freak »