Tein Springs and Tokico Stuts installed!

Handling, suspension, and brake tuning discussions
03VibeOttawa

Tein Springs and Tokico Stuts installed!

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

Hey guys, I just wanted to share some good news and pics. (I know pics of Vibes being loved are welcome around here :-).Yesterday, I just got Tokico HP struts, new strut mounts & bearings, and Tein S-Tech Spring installed. :-)The measured drop in the shop was 2” all around, and my car guy said to expect another 1/4 “or so of settle in the next week (just as spec’d). I’ll be taking it in next Friday for an alignment. It’s not like I have the money for it now (yesterday was spendy), but I did have a blown strut and mount for a few months that was prematurely wearing on front left tires, and made the car lean/squat a little more than usually on accel/decel. It was either pay a moderate amount to fix the front end with parts I would upgrade/replace in the future, or go big. Here’s a pic from yesterday.Here are the boxes, hauling away the springs and struts for future storage/whatever. I couldn’t resist the fitting an obligatory Ottawa tulip in the shot. (They’re everywhere around here for a few weeks now).And, finally, I rolled out my Fast rims to see what they will look like. They are awaiting new tires – which I will treat myself to once I get my student loan paid off (On track for Julyish now). I need something to look at everyday to remind me to stay focused! I think this will work!Right now I’ve got Michelin Hydro Edge tires on the original steelies, so yeah, my ride experience with the new springs/struts will improve with some decent performance rubber. For now I’m just enjoying that my car has NO or lean from takeoff and breaking! The steering feel, cornering, lane changes, etc are all as good as anyone on here has mentioned with this S-Tech/HP set up. So far, it’s another set of Genviber recommendations paying off huge!
03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

NOICE... The Tokico HP struts, they are the stock replacement struts, yes? Like the KYB GR-2 (another stock replacement, I've owned)I'm likin the wheels to... What rubber are you thinking about?
NUBlackshirts

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by NUBlackshirts »

Quote, originally posted by Sublimewind »NOICE... The Tokico HP struts, they are the stock replacement struts, yes? Like the KYB GR-2 (another stock replacement, I've owned)I'm likin the wheels to... What rubber are you thinking about? The HP's are valved a bit better than the KYB/stockers. I noticed a big difference when I put on the HP's.
'04 Frosty GT <---Click here!Tein S-Tech springs; Tokico HP struts;Progress rear sway bar; DC Sports strut tower bar;Scion TC wheels; K&N Typhoon intake;GG Racing ground wires; JAW voltage stabilizer;FilterMAG SS-250; Militec-1; Sirius Satellite Radio
Raven

Re: (NUBlackshirts)

Post by Raven »

They are excellent indeed and must better suited to lowering than the stockers. I've had mine for about a year and they still look new even with the tons of salt used here in the winter. I'd recommend Nitto Neogen or Invo for tires. My last set were Neogens and I just got Invos. Buy them from http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/home.do and have them shipped to The UPS Store in Ogdensburg. I paid $117.00 USD for the Invo in 225/45/17 and they are $235.00 CAD plus PST and GST ($270.00) in Ottawa.
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

It's hard for me to make recommendations on tire as i'm not sure what you have available up there and what cost differences would be. I'm on Falken FK452's right now, on my Subie, and I like them well enough...I got them for 88$ each on sale last year.. Hard to pass up... I like Kumho a lot too... Like the SPT.. which is the predecessor to the 712, which I owned 2 sets of.. lol..
Sull

Re:

Post by Sull »

I recently got the Tokico HP's and Teins installed with new strut mounts lovin itLike sublimewind says Kumho spts been holding up good so far... I hit corners hard
Tein S-Tech | Tokico HP Struts | Kyowa KR-210 18x7.5 | Kumho Ecsta Spt 225/40/18Magnaflow Cat-Back | K&N Intake | Camcon | Tint 50% Fronts 5% Rear | TWM Short Shifter
03VibeOttawa

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

Thx for the tire suggestions guys.I'll post pics later in the summer,
03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.