coilover's ?

Handling, suspension, and brake tuning discussions
nuvibe

coilover's ?

Post by nuvibe »

How low can one go with coilover's and possibly have a good ride? Any pic's will help out since I'm getting a set for my self......nuvibe
Mavrik

Re: coilover's ? (nuvibe)

Post by Mavrik »

I don't have any experience with coil overs on the Vibe. However depending on the type will decide the height you can set. The thing is with a coil over is that height does not effect ride really. Its going to be stiff regardless of height. Thats where you'll want to get a set with adjustable dampers so you can set the stiffness of the struts.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Are you looking for performance, or just low?Coilovers offer more than just height adjustability and dampening adjustments and they don't have to be "stiff" much depends on what you get and the adjustability.They also allow you to "corner weight" your car. Every car has different characteristics as far as the weight at each corner is concerned. Example: the corner with the battery in it, is going to be heavier that the opposite corner, the side with the driver is going to be heavier than the passenger side. Corner weighting and the spring ajustability allow you to dial in and out the amount of weight being put on each corner and from what I've read it make a HUGE difference....Coilovers allow this among other great benefits... now, if i could only make the money to be able to blow it on some coilovers... I have the knowledge, but not the experience or cash.... A decent article... http://grassrootsmotorsports.c...s.php
kevera

Post by kevera »

That's Madbikes ride from MO,looks low enough.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

I've had the Tein Basic Damper Coilovers for almost a year now with no issues and consistent ride quality. Obviously the ride will be a little more harsh, especially over uneven pavement, holes, etc.http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=24052
kevera

Re: coilover's ? (NSimkins)

Post by kevera »

I don't think Nuvibe cares about ride.He just wants it slammed,no wheel gap.If I were to choose,I would take the Teins like yours.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
nuvibe

Re: coilover's ? (kevera)

Post by nuvibe »

Kavera Handle It For Me. He's rite I'm looking to just get it lower than my S-Tech's and fill in the wheel gap. But I do Thank everybody for all the info, but it does come in handy when doing road driving. That Trix's does look like something I'm after in stance. Need more pic's....nuvibe
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Meh, you spend the money, why not reap the benifits...
nuvibe

Post by nuvibe »

That's what I say. Plus keep me from buying new wheel's and all. YA RITE! for now....nuvibe
Never Enough

Post by Never Enough »

A lot of it depends on which coilovers you go with too. Thats why so many people like the Ksports (like Madbikes) because of the fact that you can adjust the dampening on them and where the height adjustment is done.
Brad Vlastuin 877-609-6727http://www.NeverEnoughAuto.com
nuvibe

Post by nuvibe »

Going with the Tein's Coilovers. Any pro or con's?. Plus cant afford Kports.....nuvibe
Never Enough

Post by Never Enough »

Which Teins are you going with? Basic or SS?Should've gotten in on that Ksport GB we just did....cheaper than the Tein Basics...
ub3rsoldat

Post by ub3rsoldat »

How about TRD's coilovers anybody here supports those? Any good things or bad things about them?
Never Enough

Post by Never Enough »

There's nothing wrong with them, there are just better options out there for the money (sorta the case with anything with the TRD logo on it....)
nuvibe

Post by nuvibe »

Getting the basic coilover's for less then the Ksport's and the basic Tein's......nuvibe
Never Enough

Post by Never Enough »

Ahh....the sleeve type coilovers.Just a heads up, ask around a bit before you buy them. I have only heard negative feedback about the kits out for the Vibe/Matrix. Not trying to sway you....just suggesting a bit of checking around with some people that have used those kits on their Vibe. You may find it beneficial to wait on your purchase. Just a suggestion.
nuvibe

Post by nuvibe »

Ok. I'm lost here and please bare with me here, Basic coilover's are just a sleeved kit that go's over your oem strut's rite? and a SS coilover is a complete strut and coil set up rite? Ok, I'm not getting the sleeved set up, I'm getting the full strut and coil set up.....nuvibe
damronjr

Re: (nuvibe)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by nuvibe »Ok. I'm lost here and please bare with me here, Basic coilover's are just a sleeved kit that go's over your oem strut's rite? and a SS coilover is a complete strut and coil set up rite? Ok, I'm not getting the sleeved set up, I'm getting the full strut and coil set up.....nuvibeWhat kind are they?
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
nuvibe

Post by nuvibe »

TEINS!...nuvibe
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Right, so they're the Tein SS's then? If so, sounds sweet! You've been spending lots of $$$, I'm gonna tell your wife! You'll be well on your way after all this gets done! Might be calling you for the paint, but might be a month or so. Looking at the bills coming up gots me scurred!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
nuvibe

Post by nuvibe »

Ok, your telling me that you have no paint to finish your ride? What happened to the paint that I sold you? Dont tell me you spilled it. Oh and by the way the Tein's I'm trying to get are $500. Is that to much $ for a set of Tein SS, if not, there's no reason to tell the wife she dont need to KNOW! I would not tell your's if you were getting a deal like that. SHHHHH, Kool....nuvibe
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by nuvibe »Ok, your telling me that you have no paint to finish your ride? What happened to the paint that I sold you? Dont tell me you spilled it. Oh and by the way the Tein's I'm trying to get are $500. Is that to much $ for a set of Tein SS, if not, there's no reason to tell the wife she dont need to KNOW! I would not tell your's if you were getting a deal like that. SHHHHH, Kool....nuvibeLol, you know I'm messin with ya, and I still have the paint, but when the bro-in-law is gonna use it is another thing, and the reason I said anything about the $$$ is if you would do it I would probably have to buy more stuff since he has a bunch of it, and some bodywork needs to be done before the paint...
nuvibe

Post by nuvibe »

Time's flying and you need to get your bro-law some pressure to help you out....nuvibe
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

Quote, originally posted by nuvibe »Ok. I'm lost here and please bare with me here, Basic coilover's are just a sleeved kit that go's over your oem strut's rite? and a SS coilover is a complete strut and coil set up rite? Ok, I'm not getting the sleeved set up, I'm getting the full strut and coil set up.....nuvibeBOTH the Tein Basic Damper and SS coilovers are a complete strut/coil setup. The Basic has a fixed dampening setting while the SS is adjustable.
Never Enough

Post by Never Enough »

Teins:http://www.neverenoughauto.com...=1722 Sleeve Type:http://www.neverenoughauto.com...=1497
nuvibe

Post by nuvibe »

Teins ss if I'm not mistaken....nuvibe
nuvibe

Post by nuvibe »

Well I decided to stick with my Tein S-tech's and deal with the wheel gap until I really get sick of looking at it. I'll just put my $$ in somemthing else for the ride, like new tires for my wheel's that have been sitting in my garage for who know's how long......nuvibe