Newbie Hear!!!! Please help

Handling, suspension, and brake tuning discussions
lucas_lik

Newbie Hear!!!! Please help

Post by lucas_lik »

I'm from Malaysia, Need some help in lowering my vibe. Can the lower spring for corrolla be use in pontiac vibe?Thanks
kevera

Re: Newbie Hear!!!! Please help (lucas_lik)

Post by kevera »

By looking at a few websites.The Corolla springs will not fit.But the Matrix will,I have Matrix springs on my Vibe.Hope that helps.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
sagekai

Post by sagekai »

Yeah, I've got the matrix ones too and they work great but I'm pretty sure Corolla's wont fit
2003 Vibe Base- Silver Two-Tone, Injen CAI, Sony X-Plod Head Unit, 16" Voxx MG Rims, Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs, Painted Rear Brakes, OEM Exhaust Tip, Custom Rear Seat Back Covers MiVibe-ToolGuy's Fog Lamp Protectors, 111K Miles!
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Watch out for fake teins if you are looking at those, teins website has a warning and how to spot them.I got my hotchkis springs for half the price as retail and brand new off ebay! so search around before you settle on paying full price for sure oh and yea the matrix ones will fit of course but the corolla i dont think will because it has a different weight so they need diff springs for rear and such.
lucas_lik

Re: (northvibe)

Post by lucas_lik »

Thanks everyone, I nearly buy one from ebay as they mention that corrolla,matrix and vibe can use the lower spring. Thank goodness I still haven buy before seeking advise from experts. Anyway I'm staying in Malaysia,actually my vibe is produce in Japan by toyota and is called toyota voltz. Same features as vibe. so it will be very hard for me to look for all this performance part. Does anyone know where can I look for cheaper price and which can be purchase through ebay or paypal? Thanks
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Any performance parts for engine, intake, suspension, exhaust will all fit between vibe, voltz and a matrix. So you should be able to find all sorts of parts on ebay.Starter mods includeCold air intake or short ram intakeExhaust system like magnaflow cat backafter market springs (tein, hotchkis, eibach etc)All the matrix TRD performance parts will fit on the voltz. For example I have a TRD cold air intake and TRD strut tower bar on my vibe
lucas_lik

Re: (northvibe)

Post by lucas_lik »

Northvibe,wat is the lower spring u are using on ur vibe? your lower is very nice. can let me know some more mod that you have in ur vibe? Do we have to change suspension in order to fit the lower spring? It's really hard to look for performance part for vibe in malaysia. But I will try my best, if have anywhere where can order with lower pricing, please let me know. Thanks