Powerslot rotors, but what pads?

Handling, suspension, and brake tuning discussions
Whelan

Powerslot rotors, but what pads?

Post by Whelan »

I have had Powerslot on my last two cars as replacements. On my 94 Saturn and 02 Civic. They make a world of difference and I would never put anything but. Actually, all my cars from now on will have these as their next set from OEM.Anways, with the Saturn I used Stillen Metal Matrix pads and they were perfect! Very little dust, no noise whatsoever, and lasted 30k. When I put the Powerslots on the Civic I tried the Hawk HPS pads cause they got good reviews. Well those came off after 15-20k because they left too much dust and got squeaky for no reason. After switching back to Stillen MM pads, I was happy again, same results as with the Saturn.But alas, they do not offer them for the Matrix So I must find something else. I cannot even find TRD pads for this car.I would love to hear opinions from people; the brand, mileage, noise, dust, braking differences, etc. Thanks in advance!
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

i'd give advice but i buy monroe pads that last me quit abit..maybe 25,000..with the way i drive..sometimes if that..but alot of dust..drives me nuts to clean my summer rims every other day
SuperSpeedWagon

Re: Powerslot rotors, but what pads? (Whelan)

Post by SuperSpeedWagon »

i have cross drilled and im using ceramic pads less brake dust well thats just me
2010 vibe gt
meistees

Post by meistees »

I have Akebono ceramic pads with powerslot and no noise so far
Genvibe Garageormy car at cardomain
Whelan

Re: (meistees)

Post by Whelan »

I made another post down below for Found my Pads, where I found Stillen does make pads for the Matrix, so I'm back in happyville over this. thanks!
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT