Rollin' on S-Techs.

Handling, suspension, and brake tuning discussions
NUBlackshirts

Rollin' on S-Techs.

Post by NUBlackshirts »

Finally got my GT lowered. Only took me 1.5 years to get it done! Took it through some mountain roads around Rocky Mountain National Park and it sticks like glue. Should be even better once I put in the Progress RSB. Here's a couple of pics...

Attached files
'04 Frosty GT <---Click here!Tein S-Tech springs; Tokico HP struts;Progress rear sway bar; DC Sports strut tower bar;Scion TC wheels; K&N Typhoon intake;GG Racing ground wires; JAW voltage stabilizer;FilterMAG SS-250; Militec-1; Sirius Satellite Radio
NUBlackshirts

Re: Rollin' on S-Techs. (NUBlackshirts)

Post by NUBlackshirts »

Another shot....

Attached files
'04 Frosty GT <---Click here!Tein S-Tech springs; Tokico HP struts;Progress rear sway bar; DC Sports strut tower bar;Scion TC wheels; K&N Typhoon intake;GG Racing ground wires; JAW voltage stabilizer;FilterMAG SS-250; Militec-1; Sirius Satellite Radio
NUBlackshirts

Post by NUBlackshirts »

One more....

Attached files
steves76

Post by steves76 »

Looks GREAT i love the scion wheels
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

looks great! welcome to the club.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

about damn time!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
NUBlackshirts

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by NUBlackshirts »

Quote, originally posted by trdvibe »about damn time!Ha! I agree!
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Is there 2 different kinds of TC wheels? I have seen some that are silver like yours and some that are chrome. Maybe the chrome ones I saw were done somewhere.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
nuvibe

Post by nuvibe »

Man I love the look of your car, cant wait to paint the lower half of my car to give it more of a lower stance look.....nuvibe
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Looks very nice!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

hey, i just noticed you are in Aurora, CO? i lived there when i was younger. went to school at Aurora Christian Academy in 2nd grade.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
NUBlackshirts

Post by NUBlackshirts »

Quote, originally posted by trdvibe »hey, i just noticed you are in Aurora, CO? i lived there when i was younger. went to school at Aurora Christian Academy in 2nd grade. Yep, been here almost 5 years. My wife (active duty) and I (DoD civilian) work at Buckley AFB. And my daughter starts 2nd grade at Dartmouth Elementary this year.Quote, originally posted by damronjr »Is there 2 different kinds of TC wheels? I have seen some that are silver like yours and some that are chrome. Maybe the chrome ones I saw were done somewhere.I don't think they came from the factory chromed. Probably had them done somewhere. Mine shine a lot more than the pic shows. We had sun all day until I went to take the pics. Clouds were moving in when I shot these. About 30 minutes after the pics, we had one of the biggest rain storms of the year here. Mud on the roads and crap everywhere this AM on the way into work. Now my car is dirty.
NascarXprt

Re: Rollin' on S-Techs. (steves76)

Post by NascarXprt »

NUBlackshirts yea it looks awsome now with em on dont it. steves76its been awhile since youve been on hasnt it? where youve been hidin?? j/k
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

yep, last place we were stationed was at Petersen AFB in Co Springs back on 96-97. i was in college and moved back to AK in 97
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Well it was about time lol Lookin good.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
NUBlackshirts

Post by NUBlackshirts »

Installed my Progress RSB today. Haven't had a chance to hit any good curves yet though. Can't wait to hit the mountain roads again!
TheBri

Rollin' on S-Techs.

Post by TheBri »

How much of a drop is everyone doing? I want to go low but to the point where I am not going to be bottoming out all the time. I want to get the S-Techs also for my car, do you have the part # for them and where did you get them from? Also the same for the progress RSB? I have the new rims and tires on the car just need the drop now and then the intake to follow.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

well, we live in AK and Mav's S-techs in his vibe are fine. very very few times has he scraped and that's only because: a. car was completely loaded down or b. we were on some podunk road where there were frost heaves or something. i believe they are about a 2" drop?
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Never Enough

Post by Never Enough »

Looks really good!
Brad Vlastuin 877-609-6727http://www.NeverEnoughAuto.com