Pillow Ball mount optional

Handling, suspension, and brake tuning discussions
GoLowDrew

Pillow Ball mount optional

Post by GoLowDrew »

What does that mean? It's mentioned on the Tein website for coilovers. If I take it to a shop (like Big O Tires) to get it installed, will they know what it means?TIA
2004 Vibe, Auto Trans. Built Sept 2003. Date in service May 2004. Sold May 2006.
limE

Re: Pillow Ball mount optional (GoLowDrew)

Post by limE »

It means that you can add the camber plates on top instaed of using the stock top mounts. I have tein ss with c one pillow ball mounts ( or camber plates ). I got the c-ones because tein doesn't sell an exact fit for our car. ( at least to the best of my knoweldge.)
B14CK_H4WK

Post by B14CK_H4WK »

where did you buy the c one pillow ball mounts from? Ive only been able to find that mount on japan sites? are their any US re-sellers?
breezd

Post by breezd »

I did not install anything for the camber when I installed my Tein S-techs. And I have had no problem in the year that I have had it dropped. I recently went and had the alignment inspected and everything was fine.IMO, not necessary. But others may chime in with other experiences.
THEN: 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT * Lowered * CAI * Sound SystemNOW: 2005 Infiniti FX35 RWD * Stock
kevera

Re: Pillow Ball mount optional (limE)

Post by kevera »

^ahaha,he's taking about coil-overs!Quote, originally posted by limE »It means that you can add the camber plates on top instaed of using the stock top mounts. I have tein ss with c one pillow ball mounts ( or camber plates ). I got the c-ones because tein doesn't sell an exact fit for our car. ( at least to the best of my knoweldge.)That is the way to go,c-ones FTW!!You can also look into K-sports,as they have the pillow mounts also.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
satur9

Re: Pillow Ball mount optional (kevera)

Post by satur9 »

megan racing coiloveres also come with pillowball mounts. its what i have.
look my sniggies, i had a strizz-oke in my brizz-ain okay,you know what im saying. so i cant move all good. but thanks for mentioning that .thank you very much.athf4evr. click here! you know you want to!!!
B14CK_H4WK

Re: Pillow Ball mount optional (satur9)

Post by B14CK_H4WK »

ill prob go with the c-one pillowball mounts everyone with a vibe/matrix seems to recommend them, thanks guys, i havent been on the forums too much ive been pretty busy but the vibe is still getting modded
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Are you prepared for what it will do to your ride quality? How about noise? One will decrease the other will increase.. How much, hard to say, but the typical "top hat" for a strut isolates a LOT from the car.. (speaking from someone with coilovers and pillowball top mounts.. Wait, nobody has really said they were getting any.. lol..
B14CK_H4WK

Post by B14CK_H4WK »

you guys with the k sport pillow ball mounts, which car are those originally for? i was trying to find a pair and i see the corolla and celica which are prob the closest?
keithvibe

Re: (B14CK_H4WK)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by B14CK_H4WK »you guys with the k sport pillow ball mounts, which car are those originally for? i was trying to find a pair and i see the corolla and celica which are prob the closest?the cars are the same so they will bolt right upI had ksport celica coilovers on my car. they bolted right up.... but I used the celica coils because I have awd. If your going to use strickly pillowball mount the either one will do but if you were going to buy the entire coilover get the corolla ones if you have 2wd. You will have to enlarge the lower bolt holes on the front coilovers but they will fit. We are only talking 2 maybe 3mm inlargement of the holes.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
B14CK_H4WK

Post by B14CK_H4WK »

alright as long as the bolt pattern is the same. i have the tein ss coil over kit with struts, so i wounder if ill have to enlarge the holes or not?