What does this sign mean?

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
VibeSalsa

What does this sign mean?

Post by VibeSalsa »

I found this sign last week in Moncton (New Brunswick).Can someone tell me what does it mean?

Attached files
2003 Base Vibe, Salsa, 5-speed, Power PackageLow pitch hornPic of my Vibe
Mr. Poopypants

Re: What does this sign mean? (VibeSalsa)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

From what I can tell, it's a sign telling birds they are not allowed to poop in that area.
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
ToolGuy

Post by ToolGuy »

Quote, originally posted by VibeSalsa »I found this sign last week in Moncton (New Brunswick).Can someone tell me what does it mean?Yeah, birds cannot poop while crossing and you must hold hands and cross...
VibeSalsa

Re: What does this sign mean?

Post by VibeSalsa »

Nice try guys.No, it's not what you wrote.Another try or someone else?
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

would help if there was a clearer image of the bottom part of the sign. if that's a bird, then I'd say it meant that heterosexual couples to the left, people without a bird to the right.if it's a dog, it might mean walk to the left, because there is no dog poop to the right.
VibeSalsa

Re: What does this sign mean? (joatmon)

Post by VibeSalsa »

It's a bird at the bottom. But you are not right. Try again And, as you requested, a bigger pic of the sign.

Attached files
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

use the crosswalk to the left, no jaywalking to the right?
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Cross to the left because there is a wire that birds sit on and poop off of to the right.
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

I know many municipalities recruit companies to scare geese away from public places to keep them from soiling the property.Perhaps that's an indication that the area to the right is a goose-controlled area?Just a speculation...
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
ToolGuy

Re: What does this sign mean? (Mr. Poopypants)

Post by ToolGuy »

Someone actually spent money on a sign like that! Amazing...That much fecal matter falls from that wire to justify a sign! Or did too many sissys complain "I was pooped on". I think I would take my chances and walk on that side since there would be less foot traffic. That is if people paid attention to the sign.
Mavrik

Re: What does this sign mean? (joatmon)

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »use the crosswalk to the left, no jaywalking to the right?Thats the closest "real" reason I can think of as well... but why not just spell it out. These days you need a manual for the signs they got out there...Anyone look up street sign info and see if its there?
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
VibeSalsa

Re: What does this sign mean? (Mavrik)

Post by VibeSalsa »

Nobody have the correct answer. Any other speculations?Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »Anyone look up street sign info and see if its there?YES, it's there. I took this picture with my gf when we were walking on Main Street, downtown Moncton NB last tuesday evening.
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

no I ment did you look up street sign information like on a website or something to see what the sign ment?I'm not questioning if the sign is actually there, I see it on the pic. I was asking if you found information on a site about street signs.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
VibeSalsa

Re: What does this sign mean? (Mavrik)

Post by VibeSalsa »

Ok I understand. I don't know if you'll be able to find info there...Maybe a little hint: it's a unique Moncton's sign!
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Poopypants »Cross to the left because there is a wire that birds sit on and poop off of to the right.That isn't right??
VibeSalsa

Post by VibeSalsa »

Sorry, you're not right... No, there is no wires in downton Moncton. See this pic taken not far from the strange sign...

Attached files
MadBill

Re: What does this sign mean? (Salsa!)

Post by MadBill »

How about: "Cats must be leashed" (helps the bird population)
Reynoma

Re: What does this sign mean? (MadBill)

Post by Reynoma »

I cheated and called the town.The person wasn't sure, but speculated that it was either:1) do not feed the birds or2) no birdwatching
Philippians 2:11
Reynoma

Re: What does this sign mean? (Salsa!)

Post by Reynoma »

I kid you not. I went to http://www.gomoncton.com and got their tourism phone number. The woman I talked to didn't have any idea what the sign meant. It could have been the way I was describing it to them. I told them that it was a sign at/near and intersection that had a two stick figures on top within a circle and then below that it was a bird with a circle around it with a line through it (like a "do not" symbol). Did I describe it wrong?
VibeSalsa

Re: What does this sign mean? (Reynoma)

Post by VibeSalsa »

You are bright Reynoma. But you don't have the right answer.I will give the answer tomorrow. Keep on posting until then.
Charlievibe

Post by Charlievibe »

Quote, originally posted by VibeSalsa »You are bright Reynoma. But you don't have the right answer.I will give the answer tomorrow. Keep on posting until then. I am quite intrigued and am looking forward to the answer. Reynoma's answer made sense to me so know I am really curious.
Just because you see Charlie doesn't mean I am a he....sometimes Charlie can be a she!!!!
MrDoopey

Post by MrDoopey »

hmmm, what a weird sign! I am guessing it is to say that no pets allowed on sidewalk. If you have a pet, you have to walk it on either the other side of the street, or on "main street" (in the picture).
MrDoopey 2003 base model, two-tone abyss, automatic, with power package, 6 speaker package
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

pedestrian crossing on the left.no Goose/Geese crossing on the right.
VibeSalsa

Re: What does this sign mean? (scherry2)

Post by VibeSalsa »

It's time to give the answer I think...Nobody have the right answer, but each answer you gave can be good. I explain.On the back of the sign, it was written something who says:- It is a work of art to challenge imagination and to induce questions;- The name of the autor (I don't remember);- It's a program for this summer;- In collaboration with the City of Moncton. Thanks to them.Hope you enjoy this little quiz!
Reynoma

Post by Reynoma »

Quote, originally posted by VibeSalsa »It's time to give the answer I think...Nobody have the right answer, but each answer you gave can be good. I explain.On the back of the sign, it was written something who says:- It is a work of art to challenge imagination and to induce questions;- The name of the autor (I don't remember);- It's a program for this summer;- In collaboration with the City of Moncton. Thanks to them.Hope you enjoy this little quiz! You told us the answer, and I still don't know what it is!
VibeSalsa

Post by VibeSalsa »

Quote, originally posted by Reynoma »You told us the answer, and I still don't know what it is!It's art! It's sometimes difficult to understand...
Reynoma

Post by Reynoma »

Quote, originally posted by VibeSalsa »It's art! It's sometimes difficult to understand...(removed)! You mean to tell me that it isn't a real sign! I called the town and sounded like a complete moron on the phone, and it turns out to be somebody's art project?Good one!
VibeSalsa

Post by VibeSalsa »

Excuse me Reynoma! But we had the same reaction when we saw behind the sign...
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by Reynoma »(removed)! You mean to tell me that it isn't a real sign! I called the town and sounded like a complete moron on the phone, and it turns out to be somebody's art project? ROFLMAO dedicated aren't you.