Genvibe Chat

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
rasermon

Genvibe Chat

Post by rasermon »

This is a free java app. that I'm trying out. If members (you) are pleased with a chat room service on the site I'll look into the professional version (with the approval of our Admin) that is loaded with all the goodies.Note: Genvibe.com is not responsible with the actions that happen in this chat room. I recommend reading the help page before entering the chat service. http://support.raidersoft.com/...usage To log in, simply enter your username/handle in the text box located at the center of the applet and press Enter.http://www.genvibe.com/html/mi...shtml
Satellite 03 GT Retirement ----> Moderator for Genvibe.com 2002 - 2007 A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says (removed)
Vibe

Re: Genvibe Chat (rasermon)

Post by Vibe »

Great-Hey someone jump in with me.
fuel4soul

Re: Genvibe Chat (Vibe)

Post by fuel4soul »

How about a scheduled chat? (i.e. Monday at 8 p.m.?) Something or the other.
Vibe

Post by Vibe »

Well --I poped in several times tonight and no one was there. But I think this is a great idea and will only bring GV closer together.Since I work nights --I can't be there on Monday @ 8PM but I'll pop in pretty regular.James (Vibe)
fuel4soul

Re: Genvibe Chat (silverawd26)

Post by fuel4soul »

Maybe a poll for a chat date? Or maybe we can do it weekly at a certain time (central, pacific etc..).
AKLGT

Re: Genvibe Chat (fuel4soul)

Post by AKLGT »

well, i will do my best to jump in there tomorrow night... but i am 4 hrs behind EST and 1 hr behind PST
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Mavrik

Re: Genvibe Chat (joatmon)

Post by Mavrik »

You talked to our all knowing, wise admin... Nick heh. What did he tell ya? or that privilaged info?
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »Someone logged in as NSimkins and I were logged in to the chat for a couple of hours last night, nobody else showed up. You wouldn't believe the juicy bits of info I learned on the chat room last night!!!I hope that was me. LOL
Mavrik

Re: Genvibe Chat (NSimkins)

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by NSimkins »I hope that was me. LOL So whats the juicy info? I am a gossip (removed) lol
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
joatmon

Re: Genvibe Chat (NSimkins)

Post by joatmon »

I assumed it was you, but really, you can't be sure there. Someday if such a capability is added to this site, maybe it could be tied in to the forum login so you know who you really are chatting with.
joatmon

Re: Genvibe Chat (Mavrik)

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »So whats the juicy info? I am a gossip (removed) lol nothing, I was just teasing
mwebb

Post by mwebb »

I have stopped in on the chat room a few times- never seen anyone in thereI will try to be in there for the Big B-Day BashJust need to know the time
18in Kaizer PHX II wheels / Toyo Tires / Tint2 way pager system alarm/remote starter2 Eclipse 12's / Eclipse HURemoved cross bars / Custom SBReflective red badge overlays / Red Vent Covers Pics Soon Billet Grill /LED underbodysFront tint / Windshield vinyl My Vibe - http://www.cardomain.com/id/webbsvibe
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »nothing, I was just teasing Damn you lol... got my hopes up for nothing.
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

I'm in there now talking to myself.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
Mavrik

Re: Genvibe Chat (Sputnik)

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by Sputnik »I'm in there now talking to myself. Unless I'm talking to someone with your name... your not in there by yourself lol
Sputnik

Re: Genvibe Chat (Mavrik)

Post by Sputnik »

LOL yeah I noticed I had company. At least you answer - my cats don't.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
Mavrik

Re: Genvibe Chat (Sputnik)

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by Sputnik »LOL yeah I noticed I had company. At least you answer - my cats don't. Meow?lol when your in a chat and talking to your cat... its time to go to home depo...Now I am in there by myself... kitty?
pmh013

Post by pmh013 »

there's nine of us right now!!
2003 Satellite AWD Two Tone, traded off at 180,126 kmNow the (fourth) catalytic converter is someone else's problem Now driving a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan
vibe_raider

Post by vibe_raider »

why hello hello ... why was i rederected here again? *confuzzed*
My other ride is a ...
AKLGT

Re: (vibe_raider)

Post by AKLGT »

lol... well, no one in there now... everyone left.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

thanks for the tweaks to the chat I do like the text entry box better now, it was hard to read what you were typing when it had a blue background http://www.genvibe.com/html/misc/2nd-bday/chat.shtml
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

someone go there! i never get to chat, im in there now!
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
DarkCancerian

Post by DarkCancerian »

Nifty. If I was here earlier, I'd have offered a room off of my chat server.
“My mind to me a kingdom is; such present joys therein I find that it excels all other bliss that earth affords or grows by kind."
Carbman

Re: (vibe_raider)

Post by Carbman »

YA sometimes if u r new they will redirect you I had that problem for about a week when I first jioned in.
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

Is the chat room still around? Everytime i click the link, it crashes my browser.
Current Ride 2015 GMC Terrain SLT
2nd Vibe 2006 Vibe AWD Stealth Monotone "Recon" December 2005 MOTM
Original Vibe: 2003 AWD Abyss Monotone "Darth"
GM/ASE Certified Parts Manager.
rasermon

Re: (tnpartsguy)

Post by rasermon »

Quote, originally posted by tnpartsguy »Is the chat room still around? Everytime i click the link, it crashes my browser.Make sure you have the latest Java Version (1.4.2_06).Works fine with IE and Firefox.
Satellite 03 GT Retirement ----> Moderator for Genvibe.com 2002 - 2007 A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says (removed)
joatmon

Re: (rasermon)

Post by joatmon »

There were four of us chatting at one point yesterday, three who were honest about who we were, and a fourth who was pretending to be someone who hadn't noticed the genvibe forums, but the three of us have a pretty good idea who it really was.Two things that would be really great would be:1. tie the chat into the forums so that you were pretty much forced to have the same username on chat as you do in the forums.2. having a display on the forums page showing how many people were chatting, maybe even who they were.
tnpartsguy

Re: (silverawd26)

Post by tnpartsguy »

Anyone around.....chatting about Vibe's on a Sunday morning....I've been in the chatroom for a few now...alone
Current Ride 2015 GMC Terrain SLT
2nd Vibe 2006 Vibe AWD Stealth Monotone "Recon" December 2005 MOTM
Original Vibe: 2003 AWD Abyss Monotone "Darth"
GM/ASE Certified Parts Manager.
MoonDogg

Post by MoonDogg »

Quote, originally posted by tnpartsguy »Anyone around.....chatting about Vibe's on a Sunday morning....I've been in the chatroom for a few now...alone I am guess.. I am 1 hr. late though....
2004 Vibe GT Fusion OrangeOptions: M&T, Monotone Paint, 35% TintMods: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X659 HU, Orion CS200.4 amp, Kicker Comp VR 10" sub, Megan Racing STB, Injen CAI, Magnaflow Cat-Back, brass shifter bushing, underbody orange neon's.
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by tnpartsguy »Anyone around.....chatting about Vibe's on a Sunday morning....I've been in the chatroom for a few now...alone Every time I go in there I am alone, so I just leave. No one's ever in there.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
Kari

Re: (damronjr)

Post by Kari »

We should start having a scheduled weekly chat or something...that way we can all get together and know people will be there.
GenVibe Global Moderator
joatmon

Re: Genvibe Chat

Post by joatmon »

I haven't stumbled across anyone in the chat room for a long time. Not like I have anything important to say but if we were going to try to come up with a time when people could try to meet in the chat room, when is the best time for people? Evenings work better for me, day of the week doesn't really matter.
fortiffany

Post by fortiffany »

hey that's nifty I stopped by but no one was there...Monday's at 8 is good for me
Toodles! ATHF "She's the kind of girl u bring home to your Mother. She looks good in blue jeans, even better under covers. She's a devil in bed between the sheets, ask her if she's a saint & she'll get down on her knees and pray....yeah..yeah...yeah." BlueJeans http://profiles.yahoo.com/fortiffany
mcgusto82

Re: Genvibe Chat (fortiffany)

Post by mcgusto82 »

yeah. no one goes in the chat timed chat sessions would help.
BOZACK

Re: Genvibe Chat (mcgusto82)

Post by BOZACK »

We have a chat room?
Monotone Neptune, pow pac, 17" stock rims, K&N air filter, bumper guard, custom pedels, brake light cover, billet oil cap
redlava

Post by redlava »

Yes...but nobody goes to it. It seems to be reserved for special occasions only. Too bad, it is fun in there.
joatmon

Re: Genvibe Chat (fortiffany)

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by fortiffany »hey that's nifty I stopped by but no one was there...Monday's at 8 is good for me what time zone is the Monday at 8 chat session?edit 10/31 8:27 PM EST well, it wasn't 8 Eastern time, although Mario did show up, saw it was just me there arnd beat feet. Boo! Anyway, can't do the other time zones tonight, MNF Steelers vs Ravens. edit 11/7 9:31 EST Must not be 8 Central time. someone tagged as "2004" popped in and ran away but no grand gathering. edit 11/14 was on from 9:45 EST to 11:30 EST and nobody else signed in, so that rules out mountain and pacific time. So I give up on the chat thing unless someone gets serious about trying to muster people for a chat,
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

I know this thread really isn't used anymore but since it's a sticky I figured I'd at least put the current chat info in here for our newer members.Official Genvibe Chat Night is on Tuesday's usually starting around 7pm (central for me) and ends when the party's over Come join us!
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

i'll definitly have to hit it up this coming tuesday, who's gonna be on?
GrayFox

Re: (RedFire2K)

Post by GrayFox »

It really depends but there's usually around 5-10 throughout the night.This thread http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=21783always gets bumped by someone early tuesday to remind everyone.
poserpriest

Post by poserpriest »

I'll stay on this for a while, so anyone just do some audio junk on it to... get me on the computer! :P
ZubenElGenubi

Re: (poserpriest)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

I'm hangin' around... just want to cry about Pontiac a little. {sniff}http://www.genvibe.com/html/mi...shtml
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Chat rooms are boring by yourself
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage