What's your username mean?

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
pmh013

What's your username mean?

Post by pmh013 »

I've been thinking about posting this topic for a while now, and with so many new members as of late, I thought now would be a good time.What's the story behind your username? Although we can figure out Frosty's & Salsa!'s, there are a few others that are a bit more unusual.Here's my story: it is my user log-in name from university. I spent 5 years of my life logging into a computer in some stinky computer lab on campus as pmh013. Our user names are derived from your initials & 3 numbers. If I ever go back, I'd probably still be pmh013, even after I get married!So, let's here the stories!
2003 Satellite AWD Two Tone, traded off at 180,126 kmNow the (fourth) catalytic converter is someone else's problem Now driving a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan
redlava

Re: What's your username mean? (Craven Morehead)

Post by redlava »

I just needed a username back in college. Didn't want to use my last name or something lame like that. I had a red lava lamp in my bedroom and I thought that redlava was pretty cool. In reality I don't really even like the color red that much. lol
pmh013

Post by pmh013 »

quote:Do I need to explain? You did until I said it out loud. :roflmao:
2003 Satellite AWD Two Tone, traded off at 180,126 kmNow the (fourth) catalytic converter is someone else's problem Now driving a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan
Sputnik

Re: What's your username mean? (pmh013)

Post by Sputnik »

My username is the name of my car. Its also my license plate.My university username which got much use in the computer lab was 4cf4. Someone liked their university logon so much they put it on their license plate. She was 4cf1 or something like that.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
pmh013

Re: What's your username mean? (Sputnik)

Post by pmh013 »

quote: Someone liked their university logon so much they put it on their license plate. She was 4cf1 or something like that.I don't think I'd do that, although it is 6 characters... it'll be no good in a year anyway, after I get married, I'm changing my last name.
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Aight. The abridged version is:In HS, my best friend's brother dropped out of college and started a company. The company had a website, http://www.ragingbull.com/. When the company (Raging Bull if you didn't figure it out already) launched their site, the big trend at the time was free e-mail. Raging Bull had a thing where you could sign up for free e-mail. My friends and I always signed up for the "latest & greatest" e-mail services, so of course, we all signed up...I tried to think of a more original username that what I'd been using...which usually was some variation of a song I liked at the time...My thought process was something to the effect of "ok, my nickname is fish. What can I use that for..." and then "hmm...raging bull, raging....FISH!" And it stuck.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
cohocarl

Post by cohocarl »

My real first name is Mike. When my friends in school found out my middle name was Carl, for some reason they started calling me Carl, and still do today. I guess around the time I graduated H.S., a few friends talked me into going blue gill fishing with them. At the time, all my fishing rods were large, heavy duty Salmon/Coho rods that my father used out on the great lakes, so I took and used one of them. They were quite entertained that I was using 20lb test line for blue gills, so my buddy's father started calling me CohoCarl. When I started joining forums, Ebay, etc. on the internet, the first thing that popped into my head was CohoCarl.(I'm also Craven Morehead, but only login as that for replies like above. )Later,Carl
Sold 6/16/04 03 Vibe 5-speed, Hotchkis Sway Bars & Springs, Hooker Aerochamber, Panasonic Stereo, Hitch, Silverstars,04 Saturn Vue 2.2L Ecotec, 5-speed, 01 Stratus R/T Coupe 5-speed (wife's car) 85 Corvette 268 CompCam, 882 heads, FlatTops, 24lb injectors, Hooker Aerochamber true duals, 58mm TB, Holley AFPR, Siamesed intake base, Polished TPI.
fuel4soul

Re: What's your username mean? (cohocarl)

Post by fuel4soul »

Pontiac phrase....Fuel for the Soul...Im a Pontiac lover
meathead333

Re: What's your username mean? (fuel4soul)

Post by meathead333 »

mine is an old college nickname, long story...and with 3 three's for no reason
My myspace.com profile My 73' Bronco Cardomain page
AKLGT

Re: What's your username mean? (meathead333)

Post by AKLGT »

mine is easy: TRD Vibe. I like TRD and prefer using their parts on my vibe
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Vibe

Post by Vibe »

I think mine is self explanitory. James
scherry2

Re: What's your username mean? (Vibe)

Post by scherry2 »

my user name is simple 1st initial and last name. my nick name is:Buster as in "Bust er Cherry"
NovaResource

Re: What's your username mean? (AtWork)

Post by NovaResource »

Most people probably already know this but I'm a Chevy Nova fan and I run a website dedicated to the 1962-79 Chevrolet Nova. The website name and URL is NovaResource.com. Before I bought the Vibe, I only went to Nova bulletinboards and I always used NovaResource as my name because my webpage was well known in the Nova world and people would know who I was.
Triton

Re: What's your username mean? (NovaResource)

Post by Triton »

I went with Triton becuase it is the largest moon that orbits the planet Neptune (my Vibe's color). I chose that because Triton is the most unique moon in the solar system. Its orbit around Neptune is retrograde (opposite of the planets rotation) making it one of kind. Just like my Vibe. I added GT because my Vibe is a GT.
***SOLD***2003 Vibe GT Monotone Neptune - Inaugural October 2004 Vibe of the Month***SOLD***

Now the proud owner of Titanium Silver 2012 Kia Optima SX
drunkenmaxx

Re: What's your username mean? (Triton GT)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

well, i'm a drunk, and i have a vibe
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
slbpsi63

Post by slbpsi63 »

slbpsi63=sigma lambda beta, psi chapter, brother #63
Base Vibe, Shadow Monotone, 5sp.
NovaResource

Post by NovaResource »

quote:I chose that because Triton is the most unique moon in the solar system. Its orbit around Neptune is retrograde (opposite of the planets rotation) making it one of kind.Actually, that's only half correct. Triton is the only large moon to orbit backwards. Jupiter's moons Ananke, Carme, Pasiphae and Sinope and Saturn's Phoebe also have retrograde orbits but all of those moons are less than 1/10 the diameter of Triton.Another interesting fact, Triton is one of only 4 bodies in our solar system is known to be volcanically active at the present time. The other 3 are the Earth, Venus and Jupiters moon Io.Triton is also the god of the sea and the son of Neptune (Poseidon).
Triton

Post by Triton »

quote:Actually, that's only half correct. Triton is the only large moon to orbit backwards. Jupiter's moons Ananke, Carme, Pasiphae and Sinope and Saturn's Phoebe also have retrograde orbits but all of those moons are less than 1/10 the diameter of Triton.Triton is also the god of the sea and the son of Neptune (Poseidon).That's cool. I didn't know about those other moons having that type of orbit as well. But it is the only large moon that has that type of orbit. I also knew that there was a Greek God with that name but I didn't know about him being the son of Neptune. Thanks Nova for the information.
***SOLD***2003 Vibe GT Monotone Neptune - Inaugural October 2004 Vibe of the Month***SOLD***

disneydj

Re: What's your username mean? (silverawd26)

Post by disneydj »

Okay mine's hard to explain as well... it's a real long story... so here goes. It all started on a cold winters night in 1976... my mom winked at my dad as he brought over two champ.......... wait that's a little too far back. I always forget we have kids on this site. It's pretty simple, I'm a DJ here in Orlando, and I'm certified at Disney.SO I AM (cue superhero music and reverb) DISNEY DJThat's pretty much it
NovaResource

Post by NovaResource »

More astronomy:Because Pluto's orbit is eccentric, it sometimes crosses the orbit of Neptune making Neptune the most distant planet from the Sun for a few years. This actually happened very recently (1979-1998) but Pluto is now again the most distant planet. Neptune won't be the most distant again for another 230 years.
Triton

Post by Triton »

That picture is awesome Nova! I love the way Neptune looks. I'll have to put a pic of Neptune and Triton back in my avatar now.

millster

Re: What's your username mean?

Post by millster »

Dragging this back on topic. Anyone who's bothered to look at my profile will probably guess where my username came from. Terribly unimaginative, yes, but it's one of my nicknames. I couldn't come up with anything original, so I used that.
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
Sub-Vibe-R

Post by Sub-Vibe-R »

Ok back to topic now.Sud: my subwooferVibe: my carR: to make it sounds better
NovaResource

Re: What's your username mean? (Sub-Vibe-R)

Post by NovaResource »

I started a new thread about astronomy here:http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=6046
Reynoma

Post by Reynoma »

I'm afraid my username falls under the "unimaginative" category. It was my log in name while working at Bell Atlantic for 4 years and I've used it ever since. First 5 letters of last name, first two letters of first name: REYNOlds, MArk
Philippians 2:11
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

quote:I chose that because Triton is the most unique moon in the solar system. Its orbit around Neptune is retrograde (opposite of the planets rotation) making it one of kind.Actually, that's only half correct. Triton is the only large moon to orbit backwards. Jupiter's moons Ananke, Carme, Pasiphae and Sinope and Saturn's Phoebe also have retrograde orbits but all of those moons are less than 1/10 the diameter of Triton.Another interesting fact, Triton is one of only 4 bodies in our solar system is known to be volcanically active at the present time. The other 3 are the Earth, Venus and Jupiters moon Io.Triton is also the god of the sea and the son of Neptune (Poseidon).WOW! and all he/she wanted was to know where the username came from.
MrRich

Re: What's your username mean? (scherry2)

Post by MrRich »

My username is from my name(Richard),and not because I'm rich.I wish,but unfortunetly this dream is not coming true.For now!
GenVibe Patriarch
micheles_bad_vibe

Re: What's your username mean? (MrRich)

Post by micheles_bad_vibe »

Last edited by micheles_bad_vibe on Wed May 09, 2012 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

An easy one to explain..."Toasted" comes from how easily I get sunburnt (If you have seen me at any of the meets, then you know) and "7" is my lucky number and it's also my birthday.sunburn + lucky number = Toasted7(this nickname goes back a LONG way too)
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
cibomatto

Re: What's your username mean? (Toasted7)

Post by cibomatto »

you all have some interesting stories... my name Cibo Matto is a name of a music group that I was way obsessed with around 1999. A Japanese Duo (Miho and Yuka) from the Eats Village NYC. They play a variety of styles to include bossa nova, funk, electronica, hip hop, jazz.. Its hard to describe but the music is delicious hence the name. one interesting tid bit is that Sean Lennon was a member of the group and brought in many interesting musical idea to the group. Cibo Matto are longer aroung although I still listen and love the music very much."My weight is three hundred pounds, my favorite is beek jerky. I'm a vagabond, I'm a vagabond. My mommy says you are kinky..."
Salsa (2-tone) Base Automatic Vibe with Moontune package
P POPPR

Post by P POPPR »

Not to "Dis" the Vibe (it's a neat little car) but my father-in-law refers to little cars as pea poppers. My wifes toy is the Popper and mine is the vette There is no replacement for displacement
2004 Abyss MonotoneMoon & Tunes17" Aluminum Wheels/TiresAnti-Lock BrakesPower GroupAutomatic15% Tint, Rear WindowsHidden Hitch
TheDude

Re: What's your username mean? (P POPPR)

Post by TheDude »

mine comes from the movie The Big Lebowski, i've seen that movie dozons of times. Those who havent seen it, Lebowski always refers to himself as "The dude"
Model: 2003 GT Color: 2 tone Abyss My Kills: late 90's tricked out cavalier Stereo: Pioneer DEH-8500mp, Rockford 6 1/2's all around(FRC4306) Comming soon Custom Fiberglass Box, Audiobahn 1206t, Rockford X6(for Sub), Kenwood KAC-8401(for Speakers) Audiobahn 3 Farad Cap
cibomatto

Re: What's your username mean? (TheDude)

Post by cibomatto »

i LOOOOVE that movie.. LOL
Salsa (2-tone) Base Automatic Vibe with Moontune package
lordyogi

Re: What's your username mean? (cibomatto)

Post by lordyogi »

my username is derived from the fact that i am the lord of all things yogi.yogi
MagnaFlow ExhaustAEM CAI Windows Tinted 35% up front 20% rest17" Quantum Tek S-16 wheels w/ Dayton Daytona ZR performance rubber.Wish list:Eibach Lowering SpringsHotchkiss Sway BarsStrut Tower BarJL Audio Vibe GT Systembest time: 15.564@90.64dyno run : 162.1 wheel hptranslates to approx: 192 flywheel hp
Merzbow

Post by Merzbow »

Mine is the name of one of my favorite noise groups...try dl'ing some of there songs if you want to get a feel for them...a good song is"cannabalism of a machine" by Merzbow, of course
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
St. Martin

Re: What's your username mean? (Merzbow)

Post by St. Martin »

Well, My Christian Birth Name being given as Steve Martin....(get where I'm going with this?)Also, Really, really, really love tropical island paradises...But mainly because I'm sure to perform 3 miracles before death and be sainted by the Catholic church. The cool thing for you guys is, You can say you knew me back when!
Sold the vibe.Sorry, GM. I bought an Acura.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Mine is my first name. Oooh. That's original.
GenVibe Global Moderator
msmyer

Re: What's your username mean? (Kari)

Post by msmyer »

My first name's initial and my last name....kinda like nick's!
‘03 Vibe with 317k and still going.............................

Other Mods: Sony X-Plod Headunit & Reflective White GVC decalMy Car at Cardomain.com... http://www.cardomain.com/id/msmyer
Reynoma

Re: What's your username mean? (St. Martin)

Post by Reynoma »

quote:But mainly because I'm sure to perform 3 miracles before death and be sainted by the Catholic church. The cool thing for you guys is, You can say you knew me back when!And I bought some Grafxwerks stickers from him, so I got that going for me...which is kinda nice.
Philippians 2:11
St. Martin

Re: What's your username mean? (Reynoma)

Post by St. Martin »

lol, great caddyshack reference, rey. And yes, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.
Sold the vibe.Sorry, GM. I bought an Acura.
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: What's your username mean? (msmyer)

Post by NSimkins »

quote:My first name's initial and my last name....kinda like nick's! Exacty like your's... first name initial - last name here.
fire_502

Re: What's your username mean? (NSimkins)

Post by fire_502 »

I pretty much use fire_502 for everything because I can't think of anything better. My roommate in college and I came up with it one day when we were in the computer lab and wanted to chat back and forth. We had just looked up our horoscopes and it happens that the element for sagittarius is fire. 502 was our street address that year. Not very interesting, but I like it.
1 Cool Vibe

Re: What's your username mean? (fire_502)

Post by 1 Cool Vibe »

The story behind my name is somewhat complicated and difficult to explain, but I'll give it a try. I think the Vibe is a cool, versatile car, and my Vibe is "1 Cool Vibe" out of the many thousands of other cool Vibes that are out there on the roads in the U.S. and Canada. Pretty deep huh?
"I our new Vibe almost as much as my Harley, and believe me that says a lot about how I feel about our new Vibe, just ask my wife" 2003 Vibe monotone Neptune/Graphite 4-speed auto, moon & tunes, power package, 4-wheel ABS, and 16" aluminum wheels, all windows tinted 20%
ragingfish

Re: What's your username mean? (msmyer)

Post by ragingfish »

quote:My first name's initial and my last name....kinda like nick's! Your last name is Smyer?
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

I was a Lance Corporal throughout most of my 4 years in the Marine Corps. And one day someone just started calling me Lancer as a joke cause I couldn't advance due to military cutbacks and a freeze on advancements. My 'Old Corps.' attitude also didn't go well with the 'New Corps' boot's, (Marines fresh out of boot camp and MOS school), and I got into a couple fights (read: 'attitude adjustment training') didn't go over too well with some of the Staff NCO's in my shop. So when I was honorably discharged as a Lance Corporal, I just kept using 'Lancer' as a callsign in Quake I-II and III tourney's, paintball tourney's, and now the online chat rooms and forums.I was debating using 'Lancer' for my license plate but thought it might look wierd since there is a car called Lancer (which I almost bought instead of the Vibe). What do ya'll think?
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
shibaman

Post by shibaman »

Shibaman- I own and show Shiba Inu dogs. I use my Vibe as a dog wagon.
Salsa basemoons and tunesInjen CAIHotchkis sway barsHotchkis springsCenterline RPM sMagnaflow muffler,stainless tipDevlop's custom STB
Zamboni Guy

Post by Zamboni Guy »

I'm a big hockey guy. I've played and followed hockey my whole life and don't plan to stop anytime soon. Plus, I drove Zamboni in college. What a great job! Work 15 minutes an hour, get to be around the rink, and get free ice time. I look forward to getting out of corporate America and returning to drive Zamboni again. Maybe I can return when my house is paid off!?!
Go Wild!!
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

2/22/12 edit back when I first signed up for the name it was for jack of all trades ... which used to apply to my job, but doesn't so much anymore, and I'd change it, except too many posts by now under that name
MadBill

Re: What's your username mean? (joatmon)

Post by MadBill »

Seems like I posted this somewhere, but I don't see it in this thread, so:In my youth, we had a cottage near my best friend's farm. Each Summer when I'd show up, my buddy's chores would start to go undone and things would begin to break, catch fire or explode. Somehow his dad attributed this to my presence ,and would make frequent reference to the negative influence of "Mad Bill"!
Devlop

Post by Devlop »

I had a white wall in my living that was pretty bland. So, one night I invited some friends over to take care of this. After some partying and lots of work, it was looking pretty interesting, especially my part. I had tagged "Develop your mind" on the wall. As I sat back to admire, one of my friends asked me what "Devlop your mind" meant. At the moment it was funny, but after thinking about it and realizing the irony made it even more funny. Talking about developing your mind when you can't even spell. Jeez.