Any other artists/graphic designers here?

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
Melissa18L

Any other artists/graphic designers here?

Post by Melissa18L »

It seems like there are quite a few graphic oriented members...
It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow!
Melissa 1.8L - 2005 Fusion Orange Metallic Moon and Tunes Gen1 AWD 1.8L "TANGERINE"
Blanco_Diablo

Re: Any other artists/graphic designers here?

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Graphic designer here... we used to have a larger crew a few years ago, not sure how many of them are still active on the site though.
alyssa

Post by alyssa »

I'm a freelance graphic designer. :)

Unfortunately my portfolio website is still under construction, but I've got a tumblr.

http://alyssamoreno.tumblr.com/

I also used to do a bunch of pencil portraits but that was way back when haha. That never got me paid like design did. :P
CCC/USFS Trinity Alps Trail Crew, 2014
Melissa18L

Post by Melissa18L »

alyssa wrote:I'm a freelance graphic designer. :)

Unfortunately my portfolio website is still under construction, but I've got a tumblr.

http://alyssamoreno.tumblr.com/

I also used to do a bunch of pencil portraits but that was way back when haha. That never got me paid like design did. :P
You have lots of good designs on there! I don't think my personal website is up. www.daisyifyoudo.com I can't remember my godaddy password to renew. can't log into my tumblr either. sister-morphine
sigh
Melissa 1.8L - 2005 Fusion Orange Metallic Moon and Tunes Gen1 AWD 1.8L "TANGERINE"
Melissa18L

Post by Melissa18L »

Blanco_Diablo wrote:Graphic designer here... we used to have a larger crew a few years ago, not sure how many of them are still active on the site though.
see, i knew it ;) one of my freelance artists has or at least had a vibe too.
treesleavedents

Post by treesleavedents »

I'm an art teacher in a K-8 school with a background in sculpture, photography, and some graphic design (mainly visual hierarchy and sequencing related to collegiate level presentation posters).

www.anthonylawtondavis.weebly.com
2003 Vibe GT. PPE exhaust. Injen CAI. Mfactory LSD. Eibach springs. Corbeau GTS2 seats. Custom stereo, lighting, sound deadening, and upholstery. http://forums.genvibe.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 30&t=44330
Melissa18L

Post by Melissa18L »

treesleavedents wrote:I'm an art teacher in a K-8 school with a background in sculpture, photography, and some graphic design (mainly visual hierarchy and sequencing related to collegiate level presentation posters).

http://www.anthonylawtondavis.weebly.com
That's awesome Mr. Davis! I spent all of 8th grade art class in my own cubicle behind the teachers desk copying one of Monet's water lily paintings. You have some vert nice portrait drawings!
treesleavedents

Post by treesleavedents »

Thanks! And I sure hope I get some kids like you throughout the year, right now I'm introducing my 6-8th graders to the basics of visual hierarchy and having them use repetition and contrast to create posters. Some of em kind of like it but some it's like pulling teeth. Heaven forbid I should teach them something that they can make a living doing rather than giving them some crayons and letting them just play...
2003 Vibe GT. PPE exhaust. Injen CAI. Mfactory LSD. Eibach springs. Corbeau GTS2 seats. Custom stereo, lighting, sound deadening, and upholstery. http://forums.genvibe.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 30&t=44330
Melissa18L

Post by Melissa18L »

treesleavedents wrote:Thanks! And I sure hope I get some kids like you throughout the year, right now I'm introducing my 6-8th graders to the basics of visual hierarchy and having them use repetition and contrast to create posters. Some of em kind of like it but some it's like pulling teeth. Heaven forbid I should teach them something that they can make a living doing rather than giving them some crayons and letting them just play...
right? but i was one of those kids that hated putting art in a box. i always did my own thing and this teacher realized that. i'm an artist, the the last formal art class i took was in 8th grade!!!
teachers didn't like the way i colored with crayons...
goodvibes05

Post by goodvibes05 »

Graphic Designer here! Cool to see so many other people that drive vibes who are into design! :D
2010 Midnight Blue 2.4l 5-speed shiftable automatic
-window tints
-trailer hitch
-plasti-dip interior accents