Who killed the Cimarron? The loveliest GM J car (^-^)

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
ving

Who killed the Cimarron? The loveliest GM J car (^-^)

Post by ving »

Looking at this comparison report with the BMW 325e and the Mercedes 190E, the little Caddy comes out not too bad. Even 30 years ago the German car buyer would never have considered a Caddy, regardless of how good it was. Originally conceived as a BMW 320i & Audi 4000 import fighter, on basic specs Cadillac seemed to be in the ballpark, or were they? ;)

Popular Science Aug 1985 Page 1

Popular Science Aug 1985 page 2

Popular Science Aug 1985 page 3

Bimmer

ImUrOBGYN

Re: Who killed the Cimarron? The loveliest GM J car (^-^)

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

You're not actually trying to pass the Cavalier, I mean Cimarron ;), off as a good car are you?

Surely, you jest, good sir. :lol:

Thanks for posting the article. I always enjoy those little automotive trips down memory lane.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
jake75

Re: Who killed the Cimarron? The loveliest GM J car (^-^)

Post by jake75 »

I knew someone who had one of those. I think her daddy was rich and her momma good lookin', and the family just had to drive Caddys to keep up their image. Like most of the GM cars of that era reliability was a major complaint, and in those days the warranties were only 12 months or 12,000 miles.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."