Bought a 4x4

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
GODZILLA

Bought a 4x4

Post by GODZILLA »

Hello all,I still have my 09 base Vibe,it does ok in the snow, got this for the deeper stuff.
96 F-150 XLT 4X4 5.0 Automatic
Hope ya's all had a good Christmas & have a good 2015 !
Salsa Guy

Re: Bought a 4x4

Post by Salsa Guy »

Love that year ford F-150
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Salsa Guy wrote:Love that year ford F-150
Not to mention that AWESOME BEARD
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Oh, yes, GODZILLA, that will do the job!

I suppose you were nice!
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
tpar1220

Post by tpar1220 »

nice truck! i also prefer that body style... mines a 97..

i also have a 09 vibe...
GODZILLA

Post by GODZILLA »

Good morning all !
Hope everyone made it home safe if ya's were out partying.
Im gona keep the the beard going,decided not to shave it off.
Thats a clean 97 F-350,nice lift on it.
tpar1220

Post by tpar1220 »

no lift, thats the factory stance of the one ton 4x4....

it rides like a solid front axle one ton though. your half ton has a much nicer ride. sometimes i think about selling it due to price of diesel fuel and just look for a half ton 4x4 with 300 inline 6 with 5 speed. i love those engines... but i know i will never find another truck like mine in the condition it is in. and the price of fuel is FINALLY coming down (for now anyway). so i will keep it a lil longer.

my brother has an 08 150 with 5.4. it was finally time to replace spark plugs. what a pain that was.... 5 of 8 broke off in engin(steel plugs and fasteners in aluminum engine.... ugh)! truck was down for couple days in shop and cost him almost $900 with towing! i really like the simplicity of the older trucks, especially the 300. i think a plug change on 300 may take 15 minutes tops. and that includes a trip to beer store! the 302 is also a very good engine. get caught up with all maint items and give it a good cleaning and it will last you a good long while...

i look forward to seeing more pics....
GODZILLA

Post by GODZILLA »

My bad,looked like it was lifted.
Im slowly replaceing thing's
Radiator,water pump & thermostat, serp belt,all hoses,total tune up,plugs,wires,cap & rotor.
drained both fuel tanks,new tank straps & fuel filter. couple tie rod ends,front brake hose,rear brakes & lines.
oil change & filter,trans fluid change & filter.
Still got more to do in the spring when warmer,gota R&R the oil pan,got it patched temporaly with JB weld & fiberglass.
Upper bearing in the steering colum,proably do the bronz bushing beat in on that.Driver side door hinges.
2 rust spots on the body & proably more/lol !
Im a tractor/trailer Class 8 Mechanic for a small LTL carier & my Son In Law is a Mechanic so I save on labor,
I do pay him tho for stuff I don't have time to do.I wrench all week,so sometimes Im not into it on my days off.
A bright side on your older diesel is ya dont need to add DEF,the company buys it in 500 galon totes.
Are ya a member on any FORD TRUCK forums ? I hit FTE .
tpar1220

Post by tpar1220 »

not a member of any ford truck forums but am a member of a powerstroke forum. never heard of fte before, maybe will look at it. sounds like you been very busy. why did ya need to drain both tanks, did it sit for a long time?
GODZILLA

Post by GODZILLA »

It sat for 8/9 months ,so we just drained it to be on the safe side.
link to fte
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;