Vibe's in movies

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
10vibe

Vibe's in movies

Post by 10vibe »

Watching one of the lousiest movies I have seen in a while, "The Last Stand" noticed that a blue Vibe and a Sonic hatchback get shot up. Happens closer to the end when the town gets shot up. It is on Netflix. Arnold the Barbarian stars in it.

What other movies has anyone spotted a Vibe in?
2010 Vibe 1.8 auto, fwd, base, air, preferred package, cargo mgt, cargo cover, ultra white.
sideshowalan

Re: Vibe's in movies

Post by sideshowalan »

2008 Pontiac Vibe
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
(Former 2003 5-speed Vibe owner)
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

sideshowalan wrote:55 Entries in the IMCDB
http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles.php?resul ... clModel=on
I knew someone would post this link. I really like this data base. It's a great way to search for movies that are of interest for car guys and gals. It appears the Vibe has not landed a major movie role yet. What can you say: under-appreciated as usual!
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Interesting what one can look up here on the 'net! Checked out that link and realized that all these years I've been putting my valuable time to much better use :lol: No offense to moviegoers here but I rarely have two hours of free time to sit still and watch a movie. Never heard of 90% of those movies/series and actually saw one of the movies listed but apparently the "one second" where the Vibe would have been in the background I must have blinked my eyes! Where there might be some action I'm afraid they would use the Vibe as a sacrificial part of the movie :(
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
10vibe

Post by 10vibe »

sideshowalan,

Great link!
2010 Vibe 1.8 auto, fwd, base, air, preferred package, cargo mgt, cargo cover, ultra white.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

10vibe wrote:Watching one of the lousiest movies I have seen in a while, "The Last Stand" noticed that a blue Vibe and a Sonic hatchback get shot up. Happens closer to the end when the town gets shot up. It is on Netflix. Arnold the Barbarian stars in it.
The Vibe absolutely didn't deserve that!

The Sonic did deserve to die, that thing was hideous. The color they painted it was just nasty.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Was watching a (typically) bad movie on SyFy, Shadows of the Dead, and saw a 05-08 Frosty Vibe, was reminded of this thread, and that movie is in the link that sideshowalan posted. Interesting side note, the car has a sunroof, but had the rear view mirror with the two map lights. I thought the rear view mirror with lights didn't come in sun roofed Vibes, since the sunroof controls include a light.
sideshowalan wrote:55 Entries in the IMCDB
http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles.php?resul ... clModel=on
95 Vibe entries as of today
andrewclaus

Post by andrewclaus »

joatmon wrote:Was watching a (typically) bad movie on SyFy, Shadows of the Dead, and saw a 05-08 Frosty Vibe, was reminded of this thread, and that movie is in the link that sideshowalan posted. Interesting side note, the car has a sunroof, but had the rear view mirror with the two map lights. I thought the rear view mirror with lights didn't come in sun roofed Vibes, since the sunroof controls include a light....
Funny how we notice those details. In "Nebraska," in one scene a character was just finishing putting fuel in the Subaru wagon. I have the same car, and noticed the actor was standing on the wrong side of the car at the pump.
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

I've been playing Ingress, a mobile game, and a portal picture in the game has a Vibe in it. haha
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

watching 2019's zombie movie "the Dead Don't Die" just now, saw a silver two tone Vibe in the parking lot of the diner where the two waitresses get eaten. Just a car int he background, but there it was