cruise

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
kaflex

cruise

Post by kaflex »

Have you ever been on a cruise? My wife and I are going on our first ever fed. 7th, it's a 1 night cruise on the Norwegian Gem. It's gonna be our 5th anniversary (feb.14th) and our honeymoon, since we never had one. What's it like on a cruise? I just like to know as much as possible before I tend to do something like this. I'm nervous and excited to go, but I still remember the problems some cruise liners had in the past and don't remember hearing anything about Norwegian(ncl).

Jeff

View my garage here:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=41743" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
trb

Re: cruise

Post by trb »

My wife and I went on a cruise for our 10th anniversary. It was only a 3 day cruise, but we really enjoyed it. We've been wanting to go again, but never had the time or $$$ to take another one. I didn't know they even had 1 night cruises,(or did you mean 7?) but that almost seem like a tease to me!

We took Royal Caribbean for ours, which was recommended by a co-worker of my wife's as the best one in the US. They took 2 or 3 cruises a year and have been almost everywhere in the US and Europe. NCL was probably 2nd or 3rd on her list as I remember.

Ours had several Broadway type shows, really nice dining, and plenty of activities. We enjoyed the stop in port, and Royal Caribbean's private island, well, one they shared with NCL or Princess I think.

Enjoy it! You will probably be planning another one soon!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
kaflex

Post by kaflex »

I did mean a 1 (one) night cruise
http://www.ncl.com/cruises/1-night-crui ... GEM1NYCNYC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it leaves the NY port and goes down to FL and comes back to NY. Seemed like a good idea for a first, one night on a freestyle cruise, it was only about $260 for the 2 of us. I don't know if any other liners have a 1 or 2 night cruise, this is the only one that came up when I looked.

Thanks for letting me know about yours. :D

View my garage here:
Water boy

Post by Water boy »

I've never been on a cruise. Just not on my list yet.

Never really heard of anyone not liking their cruise. The only word of caution I've heard about was what is the majority of the cruise sold for. I mean, is it primarily for over 70? Or under 18? Or anyone with Jones as the last name? Or some "group" that you may not feel comfortable around?

One nighter should not be a problem.

The link you posted shows the cruise starting at $949 per person so your $260 for both is a great deal. Not much more that a 6 star hotel plus all of the extra stuff is included.

Remember to not post any "personal" pics. :oops: :oops:
47,891 Added new horns
47,900 Yokohama Avid 205/55-16 $492.40 drive out w/TPMS rebuild kits
69,036 Added sound deadening
70,395 Battery
106,019 Yokohama YK580 205/55-16 $589.19 drive out
kaflex

Post by kaflex »

that price was for the suite, that's all that they had left when I looked it up for the link...I paid $46 per person (before taxes and fees) for an inside stateroom.(cheapest they had, no reason to get a nice room for one night)

View my garage here: